HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD Chat Room III (all non-ATD topics here)

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Hawkey Town 18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Isn't that a little hyprocitical? Bolland is one of the cheapest, dirtiest SOB's in the league IMO. How many two hand slashes has he delivered on a Sedin the past 3 years? You love him because he is a good player who helps your team win.

The Canucks are a rival in the way of success for other teams so naturaly they draw a lot of hate, if they stunk and were basement dweller I really dont think the reaction would be the same - all around the boards.

Look at Anaheim in 2007, they were dirty pieces a ****, but they were also a good hockey team and rightfuly so won it all last year.

No hockey team is full og angels, and if they are - they're not very good one most likely.
Bolland definitely gets his little shots in, although I think a big part of his game is what he does to his opponents psychologically, by trash talking and being a pest. I sure don't remember the Hawks being hated on last year like the Canucks are this year, so there must be some difference.

I think the things that are really making people dislike the Canucks are the those that involve a bit of cowardice. Biting someone's finger, diving, whining to the refs, disrespecting an opponent after beating them in a Game 7 overtime...For whatever reason, the public looks down much more on stuff like this than they do on bullying techniques. Not saying it's right, but that appears to be the trend.

Old
06-08-2011, 09:51 AM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

1000 posts. Close this thread. New one is open.

Old
06-08-2011, 10:36 AM
jkrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
Rome's expendable, but it's a good point. Too lazy to do the research, but was Pronger suspended during the Sens only SCF win?
Ducks won both games when Pronger was suspended.

Closed Thread