HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal and Boston Radio Simulcast

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Gary320

vCash: 500
I'm trying to get away from this because I am getting my self too emotionally into it. But I can't stop. Things just keep boiling and boiling.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:21 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I'm trying to get away from this because I am getting my self too emotionally into it. But I can't stop. Things just keep boiling and boiling.
Seriously, it's not that bad.

He's mostly trying to cheap-shot the emotional response of fans here in Montreal rather than actually adress issue.

You know, like the Bruins board

Old
03-10-2011, 03:22 PM
J Sawyer
Beamer Hearts VCR

Cliff notes?

Old
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peekay Zubban View Post
You mean read then write 10 min later? Thats pretty good advice actually. Everytime I get riled up then respond with swearing and cursing I always end up regretting it after I cool down.
Nah write the swearing, best way to get it out but don't post, reread 10 mins later after you walked away, then you'll change your tone and look at it with more reason then anger. or whatever works for you, maybe youre way might work best for you.

Old
giovannicanella

Team 990

Been listening to team 990...good rational conversation too, and I loved the Molson press release...very moving...

Old
03-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
Seriously, it's not that bad.

He's mostly trying to cheap-shot the emotional response of fans here in Montreal rather than actually adress issue.

You know, like the Bruins board
I'm talking about the topic in general.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Theeze0504

CJAD is owning these clowns. lol

Old
03-10-2011, 03:24 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

MTL guys are not prepared well.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Yahoo's... They cut them off. haha Typical boston.. No surprise

Old
03-10-2011, 03:25 PM
PricePkPatch

PWWWNNDD!!!

Old
03-10-2011, 03:26 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

It's over. The Boston morons kept resorting to name calling like immature children. How sad.

Old
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
What? Basically you have one guy repeating himself and name calling in Boston, how the hell can you even discuss with someone like that?

Anyway, they pulled the plug on simulcast.

Old
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
They expected to have a normal conversation with a bunch of hotheads. Boston fans resorting to trolling us rather than having a normal discussion? Never would've imagined

I just wanted to put this out there for all the non-idiotic B's fans out there, I apologize to you up front because I feel bad that you have to even endure this, it's unreal.

Your radio talk show people just made an embarrassment of Bostonian's and people associated with the B's.

Old
TheBuriedHab

Seriously, its sad that, the stereotype I have of Bostonians came to full light in that interview. However CJAD is the lamest station ever. Team 990 would have played nasty with them atleast lol.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:28 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
What? Basically you have one guy repeating himself and name calling in Boston, how the hell can you even discuss with someone like that?

Anyway, they pulled the plug on simulcast.
Oh I agree. That's why I said that. They were all calm and you had those idiots in Boston in full rage mode.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:30 PM
ForzaAzzurri

Well, that went well.

Anyone else think both sides (fans, media) need to take it down a notch? This is getting out of control, that simulcast was a great example.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:30 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Seriously, its sad that, the stereotype I have of Bostonians came to full light in that interview. However CJAD is the lamest station ever. Team 990 would have played nasty with them atleast lol.
Like I said in another thread, it's undeniable I've dealt with hotheaded Bostonian's first hand on many occasions, it's a case where people play the stereotype too well to ignore. That isn't to take away from all the quality posters from Boston and quality human beings they have over there.

Yeah some people fit the profile, I'll be the first to tell you that a lot of people from there who I've met are like that, but I'll also be the first to tell you a lot of them were also very nice people.

What we both have in common imo is we're both cities filled with passionate fans and very stubborn people. Only difference I'd say is they play the tough guy card more than I find Montrealers do.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:31 PM
bossfan

For a Boston perspective you did not just hear a fair representation of a Boston perspective. Michael Felger (the yahoo guy) always acts like that. He always tries to cause controversy so his actions should not be looked at as anything else but an attempt to stir the pot. The other guy is Tony Massarotti. He was a baseball writer and he knows very little about hockey.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:33 PM
m00ks

See? From the players, coach, fans to the media the stereotype holds true.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
See? From the players, coach, fans to the media the stereotype holds true.
No surprise.

Old
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal3 View Post
how can you call Bostonians hot heads when people in Montreal are calling 911 after a hockey game to have guy arrested?
Everybody has their stupid animals.

Over here, they don't get to host a radio show.

Old
sandtoorr

Its amazing how different people can hear two completely different things from the same conversation.

Good luck to Max, I hope he recovers.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:36 PM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossfan View Post
For a Boston perspective you did not just hear a fair representation of a Boston perspective. Michael Felger (the yahoo guy) always acts like that. He always tries to cause controversy so his actions should not be looked at as anything else but an attempt to stir the pot. The other guy is Tony Massarotti. He was a baseball writer and he knows very little about hockey.
Well, next time they should bring people who know about hockey... because if those clowns represent Bruins fans I can laugh at them...

Old
03-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Patccmoi

The Boston guys were right about one thing and it's that the whole 'calling the cops' thing was absolutely retarded and whoever did that should be ashamed, because this can have real consequences on other people needing help.

However they also missed the whole point that the CJAD guys were trying to bring up while sticking to their ideas of 'omg Montreal people called the police!' and 'omg where were you when it was done by one of your guys!'. If you stick with that last comment, then nothing will ever, EVER change because every single team in the NHL can have a history of its own players hurting others, and you can bring them back and say they were hypocrite. Hell, Boston acts hypocritical as hell regarding this vs the Savard incident. They were calling for blood back then non-stop, were screaming at the NHL direction, etc. But now that it's the Habs doing it (albeit at a higher level)? Whiners, ofc.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:38 PM
AK37

Send a message via ICQ to AK37 Send a message via AIM to AK37
Basically Felger(Boston) asked where the outrage and investigations were when Lapierre took out Nichol, Max Pac took out Eaton, Kostopolous took out whoever it was etc.

Felger said the fact that people are calling the police over a hockey check is ridiculous yahooism.......the Montreal guys were trying to focus more on the issue at hand and dodging the questions on the hits in which Montreal players were the aggressor.

Both sides made fair points, but we all knew it wouldn't end well.

My opinion as a Bruins fan - I expected Chara to get 2 games maximum, but I agree with the league ruling for the most part and I would have been fine with Chara getting a couple games.....it sucks about Pacioretty and I wish him a full recovery, nobody wants to see an injury like that to anybody. I do feel like the police involvement is going too far - this wasn;t an attack like McSorley on Brashear or like Bertuzzi on Moore.

It certainly made for interesting radio - good luck guys, see u in the playoffs

Closed Thread