HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal and Boston Radio Simulcast

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2011, 03:40 PM
J Sawyer
Beamer Hearts VCR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
Everybody has their stupid animals.

Over here, they don't get to host a radio show.
We give them TV shows for after the game instead

Old
03-10-2011, 03:41 PM
giovannicanella

Quote:
The Boston guys were right about one thing and it's that the whole 'calling the cops' thing was absolutely retarded and whoever did that should be ashamed, because this can have real consequences on other people needing help.
The Boston Guys were yelling too much, lack of composure makes you look less credible...even though what they were saying might be right often people look at the manner the information is delivered...was it pretty? was it nice? Obamalike? Not so much of the substance, syntax or composition of arguement comes into play...but the delivery

Old
03-10-2011, 03:44 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK37 View Post
Basically Felger(Boston) asked where the outrage and investigations were when Lapierre took out Nichol, Max Pac took out Eaton, Kostopolous took out whoever it was etc.

Felger said the fact that people are calling the police over a hockey check is ridiculous yahooism.......the Montreal guys were trying to focus more on the issue at hand and dodging the questions on the hits in which Montreal players were the aggressor.

Both sides made fair points, but we all knew it wouldn't end well.

My opinion as a Bruins fan - I expected Chara to get 2 games maximum, but I agree with the league ruling for the most part and I would have been fine with Chara getting a couple games.....it sucks about Pacioretty and I wish him a full recovery, nobody wants to see an injury like that to anybody. I do feel like the police involvement is going too far - this wasn;t an attack like McSorley on Brashear or like Bertuzzi on Moore.

It certainly made for interesting radio - good luck guys, see u in the playoffs
Lapierre and Kosto's suspensions were deserved as the hits were stupid and unnecessary. MaxPac on Eaton doesn't come ton mind so I can't comment.

I also agree that calling the cops was too much but I sincerely doubt that they were "flooded" with calls. It like saying Habs fans start riots for nothing. It's just dumb generalizations since it has been shown that people with ill intent (street gangs style) would start them. However this is HF board, enough said.

The morale of the story: Everybody is an hypocrite but Chara not getting a suspension is ridiculous.

Old
DamianHabs

Totally wrong. The NHL has proven itself incapable of policing its own sport. Truth is, our league is a joke. Hockey is the greatest sport and yet it's a joke. This "boys will be boys" and "we take care of our own" BS is what's killing this game.

In no other team sport is fighting tolerated. You don't think tempers flair on the football field? And this bs about how if we take away fighting, the stick work will escalate exponentially is so maddeningly dumb. The NHL treats its players like they're brain dead robots devoid of the ability to make judgments. God forbid we require that our barely educated Canadian farmboys pull up before slamming a hated opponent's head into the glass, because our sport is just too fast and our players are just too dumb to be able to do so. We certainly can't ask them to refrain from fighting because, well, you know, they're incapable of controlling their emotions. You wouldn't prevent two gorillas beating on each other at the zoo, would you?

This league has proven that they're incapable of protecting the players and boosting up the integrity of its sport. Time to get NON HOCKEY people in the position to make judgments on vicious and borderline criminal hits, and time to get the "good old boy network" especially neanderthals like Colin Campbell out of there.

I seriously hope that a criminal investigation is launched into this and I hope that Air Canada pulls its support for the league and I hope that Patches' family launches a civil law suit. Enough is enough. Let's not wait until somebody dies.

Quote:
Basically Felger(Boston) asked where the outrage and investigations were when Lapierre took out Nichol, Max Pac took out Eaton, Kostopolous took out whoever it was etc.

Felger said the fact that people are calling the police over a hockey check is ridiculous yahooism.......the Montreal guys were trying to focus more on the issue at hand and dodging the questions on the hits in which Montreal players were the aggressor.

My opinion as a Bruins fan - I expected Chara to get 2 games maximum, but I agree with the league ruling for the most part and I would have been fine with Chara getting a couple games.....it sucks about Pacioretty and I wish him a full recovery, nobody wants to see an injury like that to anybody. I do feel like the police involvement is going too far - this wasn;t an attack like McSorley on Brashear or like Bertuzzi on Moore.

Old
merano

Team990 is soo much better than CJAD. (I like Barry Morgan and Sergio Momesso)

When are the radio rights up?

I cannot stomach Moffat on the radio I listen to McGuire/Dube when I am driving and the game is on!

Old
03-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Habs 1909

Quote:

Isn't Felger the same radio host who mocked Pat Hickey?

Old
03-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Gary320

None of you (Habs/Bruins fans) can have a ****ing conversation with out acting like 5 year olds. Grow the **** up with name-calling.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:49 PM
OpenIceHit

Quote:

See u on your board also!

Old
03-10-2011, 03:51 PM
LucicTrain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Lapierre and Kosto's suspensions were deserved as the hits were stupid and unnecessary. MaxPac on Eaton doesn't come ton mind so I can't comment.

I also agree that calling the cops was too much but I sincerely doubt that they were "flooded" with calls. It like saying Habs fans start riots for nothing. It's just dumb generalizations since it has been shown that people with ill intent (street gangs style) would start them. However this is HF board, enough said.

The morale of the story: Everybody is an hypocrite but Chara not getting a suspension is ridiculous.
let me refresh your memory

all the Boston guys wanted to know is where the outrage was over this hit. they seemed upset about the hypocrisy and i cant say i blame them

Old
03-10-2011, 03:51 PM
RistucciaRat
Beg, Steal or Borrow

I wish the Montreal guys would not have pulled the plug, that was weak.
Some good points, and concessions, were being made on both sides.
Boston guys agreed that there should have been some suspension. One agreed that the hit may have been intentional.
The point about the hypocrasy with Montreal only seeming to be outraged when their players are hit was good one, but the guy chose to pull the plug because of being called a "ya-hoo", well sticks and stones guys, grow up.

I was hoping that the next part of the discussion was going to be about how most hockey fans want to see dirty hits stopped and how we accomplish it, without silly grandstanding like the 911 calls and Air Canada stunt.

Keep in mind, we Bruins fans are STILL without our top scorer because of this crap and we understand where the anger up there is coming from. But somehow we have get over the hyperbole and make the league act to protect their own players. If not them, then the nhlpa must step up.

Here's hoping the next game is great hockey and that this situation does not spill over into any fan nonsense. Just had to add my .02 (USD).

Old
03-10-2011, 03:52 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal3 View Post

all the Boston guys wanted to know is where the outrage was over this hit. they seemed upset about the hypocrisy and i cant say i blame them
I didn't see a stretcher. Or an ambulance.

I think the player came up pretty quickly from that hit right after. Unfortunate accident, maybe dirty, but no consequences.

Certainly didn't came that close to death.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:52 PM
AK37

Send a message via ICQ to AK37 Send a message via AIM to AK37
Here is the Pacioretty hit on Eaton

I don't want to stir it up or be a "troll"......but let's have a civil discussion. What would be your opinion if Eaton left on a stretcher and the Long Police launched an ivestigation?

Again, I expected Chara to get 2 games and I would have been fine with it. The league may have dropped the ball here because the 2 game suspension would have gone a long way to avoiding the sh__storm we have now.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Number8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyG 91 View Post
Isn't Felger the same radio host who mocked Pat Hickey?
Bruins fan here, just looking to see what happened on radio simulcast (not sure that was a good idea to begin with).

Boston sports radio personalities are atrocious, loud mouth, yellers. I don't listen --- ever. It's like a room full of Rush Limbaugh's and Michael Moore's yelling over one another to get their most extreme point across.

He who talks loudest wins is the model they follow. I listen to NHL Network on XM Radio.

I know emotions are running high, but please don't base all your opinions of people from Boston based on some of the anonymous posters on HF Boards and the morons on our radio stations. They don't paint a pretty picture.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:54 PM
AK37

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
See u on your board also!
If it is civil....come on over

Old
03-10-2011, 03:56 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:

I think the player came up pretty quickly from that hit right after. Unfortunate accident, maybe dirty, but no consequences.

No, there was no stretcher, but this is also not a bang/bang play. Pacioretty has ample time to not make this hit. He sees numbers the entire way from blue line all the way in! Still makes solid contact into the numbers. There's no excuse for that crap. The outcome thank god didn't result in any injuries, but to me that hit shows a bigger disregard for safety than the Chara hit.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:56 PM
AK37

Quote:

What makes that hit any less dangerous than the Chara hit though? They are both equaly as dangerous and there is no place for it in hockey......but accidents happen, it's a very fast game

Old
03-10-2011, 03:57 PM
The Russian General
#FireTherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number8 View Post
Bruins fan here, just looking to see what happened on radio simulcast (not sure that was a good idea to begin with).

Boston sports radio personalities are atrocious, loud mouth, yellers. I don't listen --- ever. It's like a room full of Rush Limbaugh's and Michael Moore's yelling over one another to get their most extreme point across.

He who talks loudest wins is the model they follow. I listen to NHL Network on XM Radio.

I know emotions are running high, but please don't base all your opinions of people from Boston based on some of the anonymous posters on HF Boards and the morons on our radio stations. They don't paint a pretty picture.
Eh, they sounded like what I was reading on the Pacioretty Comments thread on your board. Why do you even care what we think of you and your fans?

Old
03-10-2011, 03:57 PM
LucicTrain*

Quote:

doesnt matter if he died right there on the spot or popped right back up. it was dirty hit from behind on a vulnerable player. that is the same type of hit that nearly ended Eric Cole and Patrice Bergeron's career. dont try to tell me its an ok hit cause the guy wasnt seriously injured

Old
03-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:

I don't want to stir it up or be a "troll"......but let's have a civil discussion. What would be your opinion if Eaton left on a stretcher and the Long Police launched an ivestigation?

Again, I expected Chara to get 2 games and I would have been fine with it. The league may have dropped the ball here because the 2 game suspension would have gone a long way to avoiding the sh__storm we have now.
I'd feel that was justified. The investigation would be due diligence and nothing more should come from it (just as it should be the case regarding Chara). As for the hit, I believe injury has to be factored in. If Eaton was severely injured, I would think Patches deserved a suspension. I also wouldn't suggest that Eaton deserved it, as some Boston posters implied of MP. I felt the same about the Savard and Bergeron incidents. There is hippocracy from every fanbase. Being a fan implies a certain level of fanaticism. It doesn't matter if it was a "hockey play", Recklessness should never be allowed and emotions have to be in check. I don't think Chara intended to hurt MP, but he had been gunning for him the past game and his comments after the fact (His lack of awareness in regards to where he was on the ice and who he was checking) do nothing but convince me he was trying to rub him out. Of course I have obvious bias, so just like Bruins fans, my comments have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Last edited by Captain Smurf: 03-10-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old
03-10-2011, 04:02 PM
m00ks

Quote:

I don't understand this argument. Nobody condoned that hit. Nobody thought it was clean. People condemned it. Check our GDT. There was no cheering or applauding that Eaton was down. No one was happy when he wash hurt (Unlike a certain fanbase). So what exactly is your point?

Old
03-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Universe
Patiently waiting.

Quote:

If Patches had a past with him where he two had been not too friendly with each other and he did that resulting in out for the season injuries, then I'd hope the league would suspend Patches.

Old
03-10-2011, 04:07 PM
LucicTrain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
I don't understand this argument. Nobody condoned that hit. Nobody thought it was clean. People condemned it. Check our GDT. There was no cheering or applauding that Eaton was down. No one was happy when he wash hurt (Unlike a certain fanbase). So what exactly is your point?
my point is pretty simple. dont put on this media show, this grandstanding for Zdeno Chara up in Montreal over a dangerous hit, when you have guys on your team, that his season have laid out just as dangerous hits. its just ludicrous if you ask me and reflects poorly on the entire city and its fans

Old
03-10-2011, 04:08 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
No, there was no stretcher, but this is also not a bang/bang play. Pacioretty has ample time to not make this hit. He sees numbers the entire way from blue line all the way in! Still makes solid contact into the numbers. There's no excuse for that crap. The outcome thank god didn't result in any injuries, but to me that hit shows a bigger disregard for safety than the Chara hit.
I didn't see Pacioretty going after him to injure for the past games between the two teams.

Dirty play, but little intents beyond a cheap shot.

Old
03-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Treal

Quote:
doesnt matter if he died right there on the spot or popped right back up. it was dirty hit from behind on a vulnerable player. that is the same type of hit that nearly ended Eric Cole and Patrice Bergeron's career. dont try to tell me its an ok hit cause the guy wasnt seriously injured
As a habs fan, I think all hits from behind should be suspended. But with all due fairness we could go on and on and find suspendable acts on all 30 teams.

When Paille hit Sawada recently, were all Bruins fans up in arms seeing that the same type of hit had happened to Savard?

I know some Bruins fans condemned the hit and I applaud them for that as I applauded Ference for coming out against it but I also know a lot of fans tried to excuse the hit as well. Hypocrits are everwhere.

Old
03-10-2011, 04:09 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:

Yes, that's the standard 5 min major + game misconduct. The league suspends this kind of hit when it feels like it though. Suspensions are so arbitrary for boarding majors that you never know what will happen after.

Closed Thread