HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Chara will NOT be fined or suspended Part II

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Player 61
#Winning

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
LOL at the all the user comments on TSN. One was like, "Everyone should throw a buck in the pot to help pay Big Joe's fine"

Old
03-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
Now two high profile players, Thornton and Sedin are questioning the logic behind not suspending Chara. Sedin has a great point.

As a side note, does anyone know if the on ice officials were contacted to get their input on the hit?
Thornton's reasoning is pretty inaccurate though. There has been countless incidents that warranted action against a team that has taken a shot against the Bruins that were either under punished or simply not punished at all. Its not like there is a list of times we have "gotten away" with things like Joe says.

Joe would be best advised to start prepping for the playoffs so he can actually win a game that counts for the first time in over a decade.

Old
03-10-2011, 09:56 PM
McSorleyStick
El Pistolero!

Buahahaha

Chara scored in his own net

B's lose @ home

Old
03-10-2011, 09:58 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
LOL at the all the user comments on TSN. One was like, "Everyone should throw a buck in the pot to help pay Big Joe's fine"
Any Bruins fans been bringing up that Joe always chokes in the playoffs yet? I guess it wouldn't be appropriate for them to say such things now considering what happened in the playoffs last season to the Bruins team and the biggest choke job in sports history..

Old
03-10-2011, 09:59 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Buahahaha

Chara scored in his own net

B's lose @ home

Old
03-10-2011, 10:01 PM
googlymoogly

“Exactly,” Sedin said. “What are you doing to do the next time Trevor Gillies comes down and runs a guy into the thing? You can't give him anything. And you tell the guys [Chara] has no history, so the next time he does it he still has no history because he didn't get suspended. I don't see the reasoning behind it. Give him at least something to show that's not acceptable.”

I think we have been saying this. A lot of players are saying what we have been but were ridiculed by other fan bases. Now some of the best professionals in the sport are saying the same thing. Will their fans blow them off as well?

Old
03-10-2011, 10:05 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Thornton's reasoning is pretty inaccurate though. There has been countless incidents that warranted action against a team that has taken a shot against the Bruins that were either under punished or simply not punished at all. Its not like there is a list of times we have "gotten away" with things like Joe says.

Joe would be best advised to start prepping for the playoffs so he can actually win a game that counts for the first time in over a decade.
Joe made it further last year than the Bruins have in 20 years.

Old
03-10-2011, 10:08 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post

I take Thornton's message as an ex player who had issues with Jacobs who used to be cheap and lacked class at times with his players. H Sedin on the other hand is not someone you can blow off, and say he has a grudge. Ryan Clowe even said the injury was so bad there has be a penalty.

Tanner Glass was right the majority of players in the NHL are calling the NHL execs non punishment BS. Most won't speak publicly about it but the majority are on Pacioretty's side.

Old
03-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Any Bruins fans been bringing up that Joe always chokes in the playoffs yet? I guess it wouldn't be appropriate for them to say such things now considering what happened in the playoffs last season to the Bruins team and the biggest choke job in sports history..
Tons of Bruins fans comments on TSN, all the same style with the playoff thing, but mostly all getting thumbed down, it's a Canadian site after all.

Old
03-10-2011, 10:11 PM
AlexGalchenyuk94
NHL Managerial Guru

Joe Thornton just gained a ton of respect in my books. Too bad a Habs player didn't come out and say this. It takes guts to come out and say that, especially when it doesn't involve you or your team. Two thumbs up.

Old
03-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Darth Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
I take Thornton's message as an ex player who had issues with Jacobs who used to be cheap and lacked class at times with his players. H Sedin on the other hand is not someone you can blow off, and say he has a grudge. Ryan Clowe even said the injury was so bad there has be a penalty.

Tanner Glass was right the majority of players in the NHL are calling the NHL execs non punishment BS. Most won't speak publicly about it but the majority are on Pacioretty's side.
That's what I think to. I'd love to see this snowball.

Old
03-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Nedved

Lie Detector Test

Haven't heard this yet. Thought it was obsessive and crazy, but I would have a good laugh if a media guy asked for Chara to take a lie detector and answer this question, Did you intentionally put Pacioretty into the turnbuckle?

Old
03-10-2011, 10:15 PM
TheBuriedHab

Some bruins fan on the main board said Chara got a standing ovation, to support him through everything....

Old
03-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Some bruins fan on the main board said Chara got a standing ovation, to support him through everything....
That's because he did get a standing O, the game was in Boston. Nuff Said....

Old
03-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
What a trooper.

Old
03-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
I just saw on Twitter that Chara is being booed by a few fans in Boston... I like it!

EDIT : Apparently, he also got a standing ovation...
Of course he did, Bruins fans cheered the hit and were even happier with the result.

Old
03-10-2011, 10:19 PM
coolasprICE

this is main board worthy! post it there!!

Old
03-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Nedved

you can man. Everyone there feeds off each others stupidity, I get upset easily.

Old
03-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Habs 1909

Lol.

Old
03-10-2011, 10:21 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
I think I'd be scared of the answer.

Old
03-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Maliki2

I think I have a lie detector on my phone...think that will work? It's right next to my ghost detector!

Old
Istvan

Synonyms for Moron: Bettman, Chara, NHLPA, Murphy, Campbell, NHL sycophant talking heads, fans who are entertained by serious violence and injuries.

The NHL is sadly sinking below bush league to some form of X games bloodsport where players are regaded as interchangeable robotic parts.

The NHL might stand a chance at becoming a legitimate major league sport if the leadership had a little more intellectual horsepower than brain damaged ex players and various ultra-macho-live-by-the-code high school dropouts.

I respect Ference, Sedin and Pacioretty for having the cojones to speak out against the idiocy that has overtaken what should be a fantastic spectator sport and turned into into a grotesque joke.

Old
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
you can man.
It be good laughs

Old
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Apparently Clarke MacArthur said there should have been something too.

I could be missing something, but it seems only a few moronic fans and the Bruins players/gm (Not calling them moronic, but it's one thing to say what a 5/6 defenseman does is wrong compared to your captain) are the only ones who say everything went as it should.

Old
03-10-2011, 10:24 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
Haven't heard this yet. Thought it was obsessive and crazy, but I would have a good laugh if a media guy asked for Chara to take a lie detector and answer this question, Did you intentionally put Pacioretty into the turnbuckle?
I thought about this the night it happened.

Ask him 6 questions

Did you know the stanchion was there?
Do you believe Max leaped into the stanchion?
Did you know it was Max you were checking?
Did you intentionally push Max into the stanchion?
Did you want to hurt Max?
Did you want to injure Max?

I think he would pass the last question, but would fail the first five if he tried to continue lying.

Closed Thread