HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Chara will NOT be fined or suspended Part II

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Habs Junkie

vCash: 500
We should not stop until Chara is suspended indefinitely, as long as Patches is out. If Patches never comes back then neither does Chara.

Old
03-11-2011, 11:38 AM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Lefley View Post
As was asked before, WHY has Chara not talked to Max P yet? Too busy soaking up all the adulation in Boston? Too busy meeting with the Bruins spin doctors,concocting more LIES like you didn't know it was Max P?

The clock is ticking Chara. How long until an apology is totally meaningless?
It's already meaningless.

Chara has said everything he can to cover his tracks and has piled on excuses to remove any implication that he could have even the smallest amount of responsibility for the incident. His running instinct through the fall-out of the incident was self-preservation and this wasn't really tempered with any genuine concern for Pacioretty. He's even gone so far as to lay the responsibility at Pacioretty's feet (leaning/jumping into the stanchion).

Pacioretty has already implied that any apology would have to include Chara admitting he made a mistake. Chara has shown he's unwilling to do this so I highly doubt that any conversation with Pacioretty would lead to any closure for Max or forgiveness on Max's part. In essence, Chara's apology would be "I'm sorry this happened.", while Max should be hearing "I'm sorry I did this to you."

Quite frankly, I think Chara would only "reach out" to Pacioretty at this point for one of or a combination of the following reasons:

1) To make himself feel better about the incident.
2) Because it's what's expected of him.

I don't see any other realistic motivation for doing so, and certainly nothing that would suggest Chara would be altruistic in his apology. Given the other things he's said publicly about the play, there's no way that he can say anything of any value to Pacioretty without contradicting his earlier claims.

IMO, any "apology" or "reaching out" would probably be a waste of Max's time and energy.

Old
03-11-2011, 11:44 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleOdelein View Post

Chara has said everything he can to cover his tracks and has piled on excuses to remove any implication that he could have even the smallest amount of responsibility for the incident. His running instinct through the fall-out of the incident was self-preservation and this wasn't really tempered with any genuine concern for Pacioretty. He's even gone so far as to lay the responsibility at Pacioretty's feet (leaning/jumping into the stanchion).

Pacioretty has already implied that any apology would have to include Chara admitting he made a mistake. Chara has shown he's unwilling to do this so I highly doubt that any conversation with Pacioretty would lead to any closure for Max or forgiveness on Max's part. In essence, Chara's apology would be "I'm sorry this happened.", while Max should be hearing "I'm sorry I did this to you."

Quite frankly, I think Chara would only "reach out" to Pacioretty at this point for one of or a combination of the following reasons:

I don't see any other realistic motivation for doing so, and certainly nothing that would suggest Chara would be altruistic in his apology. Given the other things he's said publicly about the play, there's no way that he can say anything of any value to Pacioretty without contradicting his earlier claims.

IMO, any "apology" or "reaching out" would probably be a waste of Max's time and energy.
I like reading well constructed logical posts. That was concise and to the point. Well done sir.

Old
03-11-2011, 11:45 AM
pucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleOdelein View Post

This isn't meant to take anything away from critique against Chara or lessen the severity of what happened to Max but imho, this reaction is typical in the NHL.

This has happened or years and why the idea of lack of respect remains year after year. The players deny this and won't publicly comment on it much but the evidence is there. The cheapshot hits, the hits that occur behind the play and the idea of being able to finish your check meaning you can take several strides to typically hit a vulnerable player (because they cleared the puck or whatever). You can always notice a player trying to finish their check with full force as you see there's no letting up in so many cases. That's been a problem the NHL has ignored.

There's one thing of 'hits to the head' when the player actually has the puck but the vicious hits in all types of situations is continually ignored by the League. The players aren't helping to dissuade this so Bettman et al. are content with the status quo.

Old
03-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunka Gurndeep View Post
Yes but why would this keep him OUT of Canada is what I'm saying. Such a false report
Because if you have criminal charges against you it affects your ability to get a work visa. So he wouldn't be allowed into the country.

Old
03-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab junkie View Post
We should not stop until Chara is suspended indefinitely, as long as Patches is out. If Patches never comes back then neither does Chara.
That's the way I felt about Bertuzzi and Moore mbut of course it didn't happen that way.

Closed Thread