HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Who cares if it's real or fake? (Cont'd)

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Mosetter27

vCash: 500
all because we cant wait 3 weeks?

supposedly its a matter of days to a week before they officially announce the W.C.

and at the meet the flyers filming is when the jersey will be revealed which its always filmed the first sunday of training camp...

Old
08-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
all because we cant wait 3 weeks?

supposedly its a matter of days to a week before they officially announce the W.C.

and at the meet the flyers filming is when the jersey will be revealed which its always filmed the first sunday of training camp...
Didn't you take an oath like the rest of us when you registered and received your screen name? We are brothers and sisters in his and we are supposed to share with the family... Family comes first... Besides, what you tell here stays between us and will go no further. We will act surprised with the rest of them at the Meet The Flyers on announcement.

Old
08-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Didn't you take an oath like the rest of us when you registered and received your screen name? We are brothers and sisters in his and we are supposed to share with the family... Family comes first... Besides, what you tell here stays between us and will go no further. We will act surprised with the rest of them at the Meet The Flyers on announcement.
he said at last meeting about the Winter Classic the flyers head honchos were favoring the quakers design because of the sales/reception on the fakes (the good reception such as "wow thats fake but it would be awesome if the flyers used that") but they have had made a few designs taht truly have nothing to do with past philadelphia (no firebirds, ramblers etc.) one design was a sligtly more modern version of the flyers liberty bell jersey from the ad back in the late 60's before they had a logo

Old
08-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
he said at last meeting about the Winter Classic the flyers head honchos were favoring the quakers design because of the sales/reception on the fakes (the good reception such as "wow thats fake but it would be awesome if the flyers used that") but they have had made a few designs taht truly have nothing to do with past philadelphia (no firebirds, ramblers etc.) one design was a sligtly more modern version of the flyers liberty bell jersey from the ad back in the late 60's before they had a logo

Thanks... It will no further.

Old
08-04-2011, 08:53 PM
flountown

I would love to get a totally new Liberty Bell design, as much as I like the Quakers design, it would be funnier to see them all be relegated as even more wrong and useless...

Old
08-08-2011, 09:02 PM
ComradeFlyer

I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere in this thread, but I'm curious if any one else can recommend a shop that I can get pair of jerseys named/numbered properly in. The catch is I live in upstate NY and the Philadelphia metro-area is a good 5 hour drive for me, so it would have to be someone that would take mailorders.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Old
08-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeFlyer View Post
I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere in this thread, but I'm curious if any one else can recommend a shop that I can get pair of jerseys named/numbered properly in. The catch is I live in upstate NY and the Philadelphia metro-area is a good 5 hour drive for me, so it would have to be someone that would take mailorders.

I appreciate any help you can give me.
Call (856) 309-4400 and ask them if you ship the jerseys to them could they ship them back when completed -- unless you are buying the blanks from them which would be even easier -- That is the Voorhees SkateZone (the Flyers practice facility) who will have them done to on-ice specs by the same people who do the Flyers players jerseys.

I don't believe they have a structured mail order service set up... but I do believe they will work with customers. Good luck.

Old
08-08-2011, 09:24 PM
ComradeFlyer

Quote:
Call (856) 309-4400 and ask them if you ship the jerseys to them could they ship them back when completed -- unless you are buying the blanks from them which would be even easier -- That is the Voorhees SkateZone (the Flyers practice facility) who will have them done to on-ice specs by the same people who do the Flyers players jerseys.

I don't believe they have a structured mail order service set up... but I do believe they will work with customers. Good luck.
Thanks a ton. I bought a pair of the 'old' Black Edge jerseys when Boscov's had them at $20 (I think it was down to $20), but I don't trust anyone up here to stitch Flyers gear properly.

Old
08-09-2011, 02:57 PM
PuckBoy33

Build your own Edge 2.0

Take these AIRKNIT blank jerseys:

http://blankhockeyjerseys.com/philad...0-phi524b.aspx

http://blankhockeyjerseys.com/philad...0-phi525b.aspx

Add Flyers crest patch:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Philadelphia-Fly...2#ht_500wt_716

Add NHL neck patch:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NHL-HOCKEY-SHIEL...#ht_2005wt_877

Viola! Instant Edge 2.0 ---and you save about $150 at that!

Old
08-22-2011, 10:38 AM
PuckBoy33

Meigray Clearance Alert!!!

Edge 2.0 (2010 style) available for $75!!!!

Also, 90's-2000 style white jerseys are available.

Old
08-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Can the Skatezone still do the old white jerseys.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
08-22-2011, 12:02 PM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

imagine how cool a black version of our current set would look outdoors. i'm not a fan of having blacks as the primary but we could use a black as a third.

Old
08-22-2011, 12:11 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
I don't know for a fact on the whites but can attest to the fact that they did do lettering on a name plate for me on a black jersey and it was perfect... so I'm guessing that they'd do old whites... why don't you give a call to confirm?

Old
08-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
I don't know for a fact on the whites but can attest to the fact that they did do lettering on a name plate for me on a black jersey and it was perfect... so I'm guessing that they'd do old whites... why don't you give a call to confirm?
I'll probably just stop in on the way home from work. I had them do a couple black jersey last year and they were great. But I bought the White one off of Meigray so we'll see.

Dunno which player to get on it.

Old
08-22-2011, 01:13 PM
PuckBoy33

Pre-2010 customization

Quote:

TRY THIS GUY:

JerseyStore2000 (Northeast Philly)
ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS (215-745-3300 9-5 Eastern Time), or PAY PAL (Templeu22@aol.com) accepted.

Old
08-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
TRY THIS GUY:

JerseyStore2000 (Northeast Philly)
ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS (215-745-3300 9-5 Eastern Time), or PAY PAL (Templeu22@aol.com) accepted.
Not a fan of the guy and his eBay store.

Old
08-22-2011, 04:40 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
I'll probably just stop in on the way home from work. I had them do a couple black jersey last year and they were great. But I bought the White one off of Meigray so we'll see.

Dunno which player to get on it.
Good luck.

... As to which player to get; after Richards and Carter being traded I'd say that it is a crap shoot... Used to be able to go by the time it looked like he would be a Flyer, along with personal preference... now I find it hard to guess which players will be around long enough to get my money's worth on it.

In all seriousness though... in my anal thinking the player has to have been one who played here in the 2009-2010 to have worn that white jersey, before it was shelved for the present Retro Whites.

Old
08-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Good luck.

... As to which player to get; after Richards and Carter being traded I'd say that it is a crap shoot... Used to be able to go by the time it looked like he would be a Flyer, along with personal preference... now I find it hard to guess which players will be around long enough to get my money's worth on it.

In all seriousness though... in my anal thinking the player has to have been one who played here in the 2009-2010 to have worn that white jersey, before it was shelved for the present Retro Whites.
Yeah, i'm most likely going Briere or van Riemsdyk and getting my SCF patch put on it. No chance I would get a jersey of a player that never wore the jersey.

Old
08-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Yeah, i'm most likely going Briere or van Riemsdyk and getting my SCF patch put on it. No chance I would get a jersey of a player that never wore the jersey.
I have a SCF patch on my white Briere jersey, and... FWIW... it looks so sweet.

Old
08-22-2011, 07:39 PM
FlyersRSC09
Flying Raven

Quote:
They can. I had a Pronger SCF done shortly before playoffs. There were even some older 90's style ones hanging up that had recently come back as well, didn't inspect them up close but from afar they looked good.

Old
08-22-2011, 08:29 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
I have a SCF patch on my white Briere jersey, and... FWIW... it looks so sweet.
anybody need any scf patches i have around 100 sitting here HAHAH

Old
08-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
anybody need any scf patches i have around 100 sitting here HAHAH
I might need some after tonight, NHL Auctions is having the name plates from the media day before the SCF and depending if I win a few or not I might need to buy a few.

I just posted this in the Phillies thread but I put this together the other day and if I could make a couple for the Flyers it would be great.

Old
08-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
I might need some after tonight, NHL Auctions is having the name plates from the media day before the SCF and depending if I win a few or not I might need to buy a few.

I just posted this in the Phillies thread but I put this together the other day and if I could make a couple for the Flyers it would be great.

LMK ill hook a homie up

not sure if anyone saw but in my webshots i posted my ENTIRE jersey collection

and heres a few recent additions

So, a week of additions

Fully Completed

Blanks

i also posted in the NHL talk fourm topic post your jersey collection i poseted every jersey starting on page 6 check it out if you have time heres my collection driectly linked

http://community.webshots.com/user/bjd624

Old
08-22-2011, 10:25 PM
Hollywood Couturier

managed to pick up Rathje's and Richards' name plates.

I'll most likely need a patch bjd but i'm not sure yet. I gotta see how big the name plate actually is first.

In regards to Rathje on the mock drafts board we have always mocked Mike Rathje and claimed that he is the greatest hockey player to ever live. That name plate will go to the league champion of my keeper league over there.

Old
08-23-2011, 09:58 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Hmm, it's larger then I imagined. I expected it to be smaller then the Hamels locker plate. Not even close by the looks of it.

Closed Thread