HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Who cares if it's real or fake? (Cont'd)

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2011, 01:05 PM
PuckBoy33

vCash: 500
The scarlet, er, orange letter

If SZ does put an orange "A" there is an easy fix.
Go to AC Moore or Michael's and purchase t-shirt transfer paper (the white kind, not the kind you use for white/light shirts). This material is essentially a thin vinyl which adheres with heat pressing. Simply photocopy the orange "A" from your jersey and scan this into your home computer system. Then, print out the scan. Get an exacto knife or sharp utility knife and cut out the top layer of the "A" --Next, iron this OVER the orange layer and PRESTO! you now have a white "A"

Freakin' awesome fix, dude!

Old
10-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretWillhelmThe3rd View Post
Does anyone know about the assistant A or captain C customization on the current whites?? I dropped my edge off at the Vorhees SkateZone to become a Briere with the A before the start of the season. I dont know what to expect...the orange captaincy letters from last year or the current white with black background...can anyone shed some light?
When I got my 'A' sewn on my Pronger Winter Classic jersey last year I mentioned that the 'C' on the new Home White that Richards modeled was white but the WC was orange, I mentioned that I thought it was a mistake -- subsequently that was confirmed and the Home jerseys did in fact have the orange captains letter last season -- IIRC they told me that their people who do the Flyers on-ice jerseys would put the proper one on there... I got back the correct (at that point in time)orange letter.

My point here is that I'm almost 100% certain that you will get the correct color letter -- unless you specified that you wanted an orange one on your 2010-11 version of the jersey -- because it is the people who did the actual Flyers jerseys (Philly Express I believe their company name is IIRC)... But it would never hurt to give VSZ a phone call; I'm sure they will make good on what you want and what is correct.

Old
10-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
If SZ does put an orange "A" there is an easy fix.
Go to AC Moore or Michael's and purchase t-shirt transfer paper (the white kind, not the kind you use for white/light shirts). This material is essentially a thin vinyl which adheres with heat pressing. Simply photocopy the orange "A" from your jersey and scan this into your home computer system. Then, print out the scan. Get an exacto knife or sharp utility knife and cut out the top layer of the "A" --Next, iron this OVER the orange layer and PRESTO! you now have a white "A"

Freakin' awesome fix, dude!
Has anyone ever told you that you find difficult ways of solving otherwise easy problems?

Old
10-11-2011, 01:12 PM
PuckBoy33

Ebay option (aka the $5 solution)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Has anyone ever told you that you find difficult ways of solving otherwise easy problems?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Captains-Let...4#ht_500wt_950

Old
10-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

IIRC the jerseys at The Well had white A's. While I'm not sure if they actually use PE this year but all of the jerseys have their numbers stiched on correctly compared to the heat pressing of last year.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
10-11-2011, 01:56 PM
flountown

Quote:
Yeah, I imagine the ingredients of that would be more costly then going to the WFC and paying 5 bucks to have them heat press on the letter...

Old
10-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
IIRC the jerseys at The Well had white A's. While I'm not sure if they actually use PE this year but all of the jerseys have their numbers stiched on correctly compared to the heat pressing of last year.
When I was there for either the Rookie Game or the Ranger PS Game (forget which) I saw the jerseys in their new shop version... Like in the past you had to examine each jersey to determine if they were sewn multi-ply or if they were single-ply sewn or heat pressed... This was on the players that were not new, I believe; I don't recall checking the new guys to see if the new ones were all multi-ply... and I don' really recall if I saw new players with single-ply. My point is that I would still make sure to check the type and manner of the customization rather than look for the size and assume it is the sewn multi-ply.

Also of note in the past; the multi-ply were both sown and heat pressed... and the multi-ply were actually smaller on the Replicas than the on-ice numbers, even if sewn... Also, the quality workmanship at the Center was spotty at best, at time with wrinkles/puckers or misalignment, or curving nameplates. These were I assume mostly from the hurry up early batches that were pushed through with less quality management and the eye on deadline... I imagine they are passed up by most people and are there awaiting those who are not observant or also in a rush. I would hope that they have finally weeded out these flawed jerseys and pulled them from the stock... but I personally wouldn't count on that. For the price of the jerseys there, which are above other places, and the low quality, I avoid the Center's shops... he retailers may have single-ply heat pressed also, but they at least do not charge op dollar, and at times have good sales... IMO best bet, unless the deal is too good to pass up, is to customize a blank a SkateZone with on-ice personalization and workmanship.

Old
10-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
Yeah, I imagine the ingredients of that would be more costly then going to the WFC and paying 5 bucks to have them heat press on the letter...
... Not to mention all the time and labor... and care to get it correct.

Old
10-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

I purchased a Jagr one at the Devils PS game. The numbers are stitched on and are exactly like my Giroux jersey (that I bought at the SZ). So it might just be the new players that are like that.

Only problem with it is that the name might be like a mm off center but I think i'm just being anal. Also the numbers are a little wrinkled but that's due to how I folded the jersey in the bag so that's my fault.

I wanted a Jagr jersey and when I went to the Skate Zone they didn't have any more in stock. So when I went to the game I figured I might as well see if the jerseys are **** quality again this year. I asked to see the jersey and I was surprised to see the difference in quality compared to last year. If it had been the same quality as last year I wouldn't even consider buying it.

I'd post pictures but i'm sure their is a flaw somehow in it and i'm happy with it haha. What I don't know won't hurt me.

Old
10-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
I purchased a Jagr one at the Devils PS game. The numbers are stitched on and are exactly like my Giroux jersey (that I bought at the SZ). So it might just be the new players that are like that.

Only problem with it is that the name might be like a mm off center but I think i'm just being anal. Also the numbers are a little wrinkled but that's due to how I folded the jersey in the bag so that's my fault.

I wanted a Jagr jersey and when I went to the Skate Zone they didn't have any more in stock. So when I went to the game I figured I might as well see if the jerseys are **** quality again this year. I asked to see the jersey and I was surprised to see the difference in quality compared to last year. If it had been the same quality as last year I wouldn't even consider buying it.

I'd post pictures but i'm sure their is a flaw somehow in it and i'm happy with it haha. What I don't know won't hurt me.
I hear ya.

I think that is wonderful news... With new people comes new policies I guess... and in this case the new policies can almost be a sure shot to be an improvement.

I'd love a Jagr one but hate the thought that he is only signed for one season -- not that a dozen or more years is a guarantee either -- I get a feeling he will be back for at least one more season though... he seems to have enough gas in the tank to want to go another round with these guys... I may go for a new WC with #68.

... Right now I have my sights on a #17 Simmonds... I'm really liking what I've been seeing so far... I have the same feeling about him that I did with Knuble coming out of the Lockout year.

Enjoy that Jagr jersey you got... I'm sure it is great.

Old
10-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Even if he is only here for one year I plan on bringing it to the Carnival and getting it signed. Even if he was hated for many years here he is still one of the best to ever play the game. Cool item to have in the future.

Old
10-11-2011, 05:59 PM
flountown

Got a super cheap Flyers replica in the other day, most important thing to me is that it's my first ever "Eagle" tagged jersey which will allow me to turn it into a Pelle Lindbergh memorial Howe or Tocchet depending on whether or not it strips cleanly...

Old
10-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Even if he is only here for one year I plan on bringing it to the Carnival and getting it signed. Even if he was hated for many years here he is still one of the best to ever play the game. Cool item to have in the future.
Totally agree... I was looking at in a totally personal way; I wear them to games and when a player is no longer on the team it gets moved to the specialty category... I wear the jersey to the game where his new team -- I wear Knuble vs Caps... Biron vs Rags, Richie vs Kings, etc. -- Or if retired I pick odd games once in a great while... I would I guess wear a Jagr to Pens games to rile the visiting Pens fans ... Anyway, that was why I'm a little more hesitant in buying short term players; less overall use... But I do agree with what you say, and still may get the #68 WC.

Old
10-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

General question, I know some people differ on this view and what not but in the event that I get the Giroux gamer by the Carnival in February, smart idea or bad idea to get it signed?

Old
10-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
Got a super cheap Flyers replica in the other day, most important thing to me is that it's my first ever "Eagle" tagged jersey which will allow me to turn it into a Pelle Lindbergh memorial Howe or Tocchet depending on whether or not it strips cleanly...

Just change the 9s to 7s, add a 'C' on the front, and slap on a 'Sittler' nameplate... and BOOM!... you too can have my Flea Market rarity.

Old
10-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
General question, I know some people differ on this view and what not but in the event that I get the Giroux gamer by the Carnival in February, smart idea or bad idea to get it signed?
I personally think it is never a bad idea to have a jersey autographed by the player who's name and number is on it... A Game Worn to me is even a better idea... But with a gamer, I wouldn't have him sign it 'to' me like I usually do.

Old
10-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
I personally think it is never a bad idea to have a jersey autographed by the player who's name and number is on it... A Game Worn to me is even a better idea... But with a gamer, I wouldn't have him sign it 'to' me like I usually do.
Yeah, i've only ever had one player sign a personal autograph to me. And that was Gagne because I knew him on a personal level.

I just know that some people frown upon Gamers being signed because when it was worn by the player that was obviously not on the jersey.

Old
10-11-2011, 07:17 PM
flountown

Quote:
Just change the 9s to 7s, add a 'C' on the front, and slap on a 'Sittler' nameplate... and BOOM!... you too can have my Flea Market rarity.
The two is the wrong font so it's coming off anyway so it won't be that easy. I already seam ripped the numbers, just need to do some glue busting at a later date. I am pretty dead set on a Howe jersey, but if the numbers don't come off cleanly, and a 7 will cover enough, I'll consider it, otherwise going to go with Tocchet...

Old
10-11-2011, 09:20 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
I think getting any jersey signed destroys the value, especially a gamer. You don't want that thing altered in any way. And with jerseys in general, it ruins a wearable jersey. I get pucks signed, much easier to display, cheaper, and looks great.

Old
10-11-2011, 09:38 PM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
I think getting any jersey signed destroys the value, especially a gamer. You don't want that thing altered in any way. And with jerseys in general, it ruins a wearable jersey. I get pucks signed, much easier to display, cheaper, and looks great.
I wouldn't say destroys value, it may to the collector market, however the casual fan probably would pay more for one. If I were to get a gamer signed, I'd have them do it on the inside back of crest or on the fight strap.

Old
10-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Yeah, i've only ever had one player sign a personal autograph to me. And that was Gagne because I knew him on a personal level.

I just know that some people frown upon Gamers being signed because when it was worn by the player that was obviously not on the jersey.
Hmm... Interesting way to look at it; I never thought of it like that... I guess it all boils down to what one is comfortable with and what one personally likes. It also depends I guess on if money is to be made off of it or not... and if it lessens the value or not, which I really don't know the answer to.

My view is that I like to have something personal from the people I admire/look up to... The autograph on the jersey is a personal touch, as is the fact that it was in an actual NHL game in the case of the gamers.

As for the signature being personalized to me is that I really don't want the item to be valued where the player is putting his signature on something that could be sold for a profit... The player has to know when he signs it that I am not a dealer working for a profit -- I am older and have to look to some as a mercenary I think -- By putting my name on it, it makes it personal and devalues the jersey to all others (other than maybe my son who will inherit it some day)... And I think that maybe the player may even take more time and make more effort to do a better job... I know Briere did such a great job on his and added a little extra note; he had to know that I wasn't selling it.

In any case, I respect every personal opinion but still feel that one is never wrong getting an autograph on a jersey... But than again, I will never sell off one of mine in all probability.

Last edited by Sawdalite: 10-11-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old
10-11-2011, 10:29 PM
flountown

I personally don't buy stuff with autographs because I feel that getting them is half the fun. Also, you never know if it's real or not.

Unless I purchased a gamer from an All-Star game or shirt of the back nights, then those don't come in any flavor other than already autographed by the player.

Old
10-11-2011, 10:54 PM
sg12lw

I know this isn't really the place to do this but here goes...

I've got a new 2.0 size 52 (road jersey pre-WC) that doesn't fit me, so I'm looking to get rid of it. I was going to put it on ebay but I figured I'd give the HFers the first shot at it. PM me if interested.

p.s This is devastating because I've been trying to get an authentic (at a good price) for some time now and when I finally do it's the wrong size....maybe it's not meant to be eh? Also, the quality of the edge jerseys compared to the premiers is a joke. It almost makes me hate my Meszaros premier....almost

Old
10-11-2011, 11:04 PM
GarretWillhelmThe3rd

I called skatezone and the guy told me what i already know, PE will use whatever they are currently using for the team. So the guy as well as myself are pretty positive the A will be white, i can only hope. If not even though the orange A will technically be incorrect it will still look sweet

Old
10-12-2011, 07:55 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
I'll agree with you that it hurts the potential resale value. However, if you have zero intention of ever selling it then do what you want with it (I have a number of my Pelletier jerseys that I had him sign, some personally to me, because I do not plan on selling them so "resale value" is irrelevant). A compromise could be to have the player sign the fight strap or inside the hem.

I don't necessarily agree with you that it ruins a wearable jersey though. I'm not sure how a signature on the back of a jersey ruins the jersey to wear?

Closed Thread