HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

H.Sedin & J.Thornton disagree with the league. Players speaking about the incident

Old
03-11-2011, 12:12 PM
la25ecoupe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Some facts:

Lucic was suspended for the crosscheck on Lapierre in the '09 playoffs. Walker was not suspended for the suckerpunch to Ward in the '09 playoffs and went on to score the Game 7 OT goal. Cooke was not suspended for probably ending Savard's career. Paille was suspended 4 games for the hit on Sawada.

Just thought maybe some actual facts could be involved in the discussion, but I'm guessing such facts will be considered trolling.

Some facts:

Thorton was talking about Lucic's crosscheck to Moore's face, not Lapierre (mistake by TSN?).

Quote:
Thornton, who broke into the NHL with the Bruins in the 1997-98 season, noted Boston forward Milan Lucic avoided disciplinary action two games before the Pacioretty incident following his blindside cross-check to the head of Tampa Bay's Dominic Moore.

"It's just really bizarre," said Thornton.
Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...a.html?ref=rss

Colin Campbell favors Gregory Campbell's team, because he's his dad. So that's why the NHL is currently favoring the Bruins. You said: Walker punched Ward in 2009, do you know which team Gregory played for in 2009-2010?

2009–10 Florida Panthers NHL
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregory...ll_(ice_hockey)

What about Cooke on Savard? That happened in March 2010. Did you know that Campbell only joined the Bruins in July 2010???? I guess NOT.

As for Paille, well he got suspended.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 01:42 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Resume discussions.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 01:53 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Chara was booted from the game. He'd probably argue he was punished.

I also find the constant analogies of the hit to war time scenarios, DUIs/car crashes, and **** inappropriate.
You just can't grasp it. You say Chara got a penalty. Big deal Pacioretty got a broken neck. If I seriously injure someone in an accident caused by my negligence I am looking at some serious fines, lawsuits, and possibly jail. If I just damage the vehicle then I would get a ticket for my negligence. Chara if he just knocked Max down deserved the interference call only. In this case he almost killed him so the punishment doesn't fit the severity of his illegal hit. The hit was illegal.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 01:59 PM
SB164

Appelé à commenter l'incident Pacioretty-Chara, l'attaquant blessé des Flyers de Philadelphie, Ian Laperrière, a indiqué qu'il ne croyait pas le défenseur des Bruins de Boston quand il a dit qu'il ne savait pas qui il plaquait le long de la rampe, lors du duel Bruins-Canadien, mardi dernier.

«Ici, ils voient plus ça plus comme un accident que comme une tentative de blessure.»

«Moi je ne pense pas qu'il savait que le poteau arrivait. Quand il dit qu'il ne savait pas c'était qui, il ment, c'est un menteur. On sait tous qui est sur la glace, surtout quand tu as une histoire avec (un autre joueur). Il savait que c'était lui, je n'en revenais pas qu'il dise ça, mais il a voulu le geler, le pitcher l'autre bord de la bande. Et le poteau est arrivé. S'il savait que le poteau arrivait et qu'il l'a poussé dedans, il est pas mal plus méchant que je pensais.»

http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...-de-64198.html

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Biased readers will always deliberately misunderstand analogies to create a strawman and avoid the principles ACTUALLY being highlight.

NO ONE is saying what Chara did is equal in horror to a drunk driver killing someone.

What is being highlighted is that INTENT IS NOT NEEDED warrant a punishment for breaking the "rules".

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 02:03 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
You just can't grasp it. You say Chara got a penalty. Big deal Pacioretty got a broken neck. If I seriously injure someone in an accident caused by my negligence I am looking at some serious fines, lawsuits, and possibly jail. If I just damage the vehicle then I would get a ticket for my negligence. Chara if he just knocked Max down deserved the interference call only. In this case he almost killed him so the punishment doesn't fit the severity of his illegal hit. The hit was illegal.
I can't understand how your point of view isn't what everyone sees. You aren't allowed to cause interference, that is why it's a penalty. Now you injure someone by causing interference and it's a "hockey play". I'm sorry, I didn't get my education from a cereal box.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Appelé à commenter l'incident Pacioretty-Chara, l'attaquant blessé des Flyers de Philadelphie, Ian Laperrière, a indiqué qu'il ne croyait pas le défenseur des Bruins de Boston quand il a dit qu'il ne savait pas qui il plaquait le long de la rampe, lors du duel Bruins-Canadien, mardi dernier.

«Ici, ils voient plus ça plus comme un accident que comme une tentative de blessure.»

«Moi je ne pense pas qu'il savait que le poteau arrivait. Quand il dit qu'il ne savait pas c'était qui, il ment, c'est un menteur. On sait tous qui est sur la glace, surtout quand tu as une histoire avec (un autre joueur). Il savait que c'était lui, je n'en revenais pas qu'il dise ça, mais il a voulu le geler, le pitcher l'autre bord de la bande. Et le poteau est arrivé. S'il savait que le poteau arrivait et qu'il l'a poussé dedans, il est pas mal plus méchant que je pensais.»

Soooo, yet another hockey player CONTRADICTS the "I didn't know" excuses of Subhuman Chara.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 02:10 PM
NBP81

Bettman is slowly losing control of this league. Because he wants a type of game, while the players, the skilled one at least, are beginning to get where he's going with this and dont like it at all...

NBP81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 02:13 PM
ScottFC

I can't believe the argument of a strong hockey play. So it was a strong hockey play that got him an interference call? Interference is illegal, why is it legal? because players can get seriously hurt when you hit them unexpectingly! This is what happened and it almost killed a man so it should be morethan just an interference call.

I don't see how anyone can say thats not true. Who cares about intent to injure?

ScottFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post

menteur is liar, for those who don't know. Laperierre is bluntly honest here. Chara also lied immediately following the game when he said Pacs jumped and leaned in towards the glass. The replay shows that Chara pushed him.
I believe he's also lying when he says he didn't know it was Pacs he was chasing. Especially since he waited until after the police investigation was announced before saying he didn't know who it was.....he's getting legal advice I'm sure.
He's a big man physically, but a small man in terms of honesty and integrity.

Joe Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Paille just got a 4 game suspension for a headshot.

Randy Jones only got 2 for hitting Bergeron into the glass from behind (nearly ending his career).

Cooke, a guy with a history, gets nothing for his blindside hit to Savard's head, Savard will never be the same.

Rationalize away!

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Boardish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post

Randy Jones only got 2 for hitting Bergeron into the glass from behind (nearly ending his career).

Cooke, a guy with a history, gets nothing for his blindside hit to Savard's head, Savard will never be the same.

Rationalize away!
Yet you defend Chara's hit.

Now that's logic.

Boardish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 02:31 PM
SonOfGom

Quote:

Rationalize away!
Yes people partied when Savard got injured....

SonOfGom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 02:35 PM
impudent_lowlife

Chara's hit just a strong hockey play? Much like Cooke's hit on Savard was a strong hockey play - just finishing his check, I suppose.

The big difference is there was/is animosity between Chara and Pacioretty.

It seems like the majority of Bruin fan's posts that I have read exhibit signs of an inability to show/feel any empathy whatsoever. And that particular personality disorder is called psychopathic.

impudent_lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 02:35 PM
googlymoogly

Lets get to this once and for all
Jeremy Jacobs is chairman of the board of governors
Colin Campbell is director of hockey operations and in charge of discipline, his son plays for Boston.
Bruins made a few trades near the deadline they are pushing for a cup this year. They have pull in high places and Joe Thornton isn't afraid to say it. We all know there is something fishy when a player almost has his life ended and all Chara got was thrown out for one period of hockey while he changes his story in the media.

I hope Molson is pulling some strings behind closed doors and dethrones some of these guys from their positions. This is far from over what we see and hear may not be what the big guys at the top are doing. It's unfortunate but Jacobs needs to be knocked down a notch and Campbell, Murphy needs their pink slips. I doubt they would get rid of Bettman but they can definitely straighten his act up, they do pay his salary.

Old
03-11-2011, 02:36 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Chara was booted from the game. He'd probably argue he was punished.

The NHL kind of fudged that up by announcing it was a play that was part of the game and that if it happens again, they still won't do anything about it. Which is pathetic, negligent and absurd.

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:

Rationalize away!
If I wanted rationalizations and poor critical thinking skills I'd be on the Bruins board.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 02:40 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:

Rationalize away!
Here is the rationalization, when is enough?

Pacioretty's injury was one of the closet to life ending. We don't even know yet if his career is ended. Plus this is the one case closest to the Bertuzzi incident, your own team and media kept talking about revenge for a little shove. Even the coach was persuading retaliation to media.

Old
03-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Le Casque de Mats

Quote:
your own team and media kept talking about revenge for a little shove. Even the coach was persuading retaliation to media.
This. Simply this. Funny (mostly sad) that none of the clowns at the head of the league talks about this fact.

Le Casque de Mats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 03:25 PM
NBP81

I have a feeling that on march 24th, one way or the other, we'll read ''Happy Now'' on every sports front page online. Following multiple season ending injuries. wether it comes from retaliation(sp?) from the Habs, or the continued goonery from the Bruins... Im afraid it will not end well...

NBP81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 03:29 PM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Bruins/Habs fans should not be fighting, they should be finding a way to get the morons out of the head office. Too many head injuries, the leaders of the league doing nothing about it.

Gary Bettman in the league as of Feb 1, 1993, that is 18 years and counting.

Chara should have gotten 2 games at least and I am a Bruins fan, but you can not say kick him out of the league when clowns like Cooke get 2 games.

I am a hockey fan 1st, peoples safety is important and if Bettman can't do it, I can not understand why he is still in charge.

VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 03:29 PM
CoastalSprite

Our GM and owners back our players 100% so I'm not surprised that Hank and Tanner were candid enough in speaking their minds on the issue. I'm also not surprised on Hank's stance on this regardless

People may point out that Joe just has an axe to grind with the Bruins, but you can't get anymore neutral than a Sedin in this case.

CoastalSprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 03:30 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
It's a poor analogy. Not sure why you guys have to go compare an interference call in a hockey game to real-life situations. But whatever floats your boat.

Anyways, I am not here to discuss the hit. My main point posting anything in this thread was to point out that there are just as many people speaking out for Chara as there are against.

With that, I'm done. Most of you guys aren't really being rational about it, but I can understand that, given the whole situation.

Good weekends all.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 03:37 PM
KadrüH

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
Bruins/Habs fans should not be fighting, they should be finding a way to get the morons out of the head office. Too many head injuries, the leaders of the league doing nothing about it.

Gary Bettman in the league as of Feb 1, 1993, that is 18 years and counting.

Chara should have gotten 2 games at least and I am a Bruins fan, but you can not say kick him out of the league when clowns like Cooke get 2 games.

I am a hockey fan 1st, peoples safety is important and if Bettman can't do it, I can not understand why he is still in charge.
There you go. If some Habs fans flames you for your comment, ignore them.

I think the same way as you.

KadrüH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Strike 1: "Max jumped and leaned".
Strike 2: "I didn't know the stanchion was there."
Strike 3: "I didn't know it was Max Pac."

When someone produces so many blatant lies, you know he's hiding something.

By the way, why would Thornton be bitter that Boston traded him? If anything, he must be very happy by now.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote