HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

SNES VS the good Florida team (that means Tampa)

Old
03-12-2011, 08:52 AM
HappyDude
Classless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold View Post
I understand why people are complaining that we're winning, the season is already lost so people want the highest pick possible.

What I don't understand is Furh has refrained from posting on these boards practically the whole season, yet people still bring up his name.

It's almost like some of you are obsessed with him.
Why has he refrained from posting? was he ostracized from the HF community?

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
Why has he refrained from posting? was he ostracized from the HF community?
He is protesting the fact that Brian Murray is still around. He still posts on other boards. Hey, he puts in a lot of work. I don't agree with most of his crap but at least he is sophisticated.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobofish View Post
He is protesting the fact that Brian Murray is still around. He still posts on other boards. Hey, he puts in a lot of work. I don't agree with most of his crap but at least he is sophisticated.
Sophisticated??? If that means providing unbalanced stats to defend his view of things, then I suppose Fuhr is sophisticated. If being a Leaf fan yet wearing a Sens cap is sophisticated, then that is Fuhr.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:22 AM
HSF

he says he isnt coming back till Murray is fired or something, but he left around the time he got perosonally owned by another poster on these boards.

some here know what i am talking about

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:26 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
This times a ****ing million.

All they do is ride that ****ing first line of theirs and when they get shutdown the whole team becomes ****.

Their D is also inexperienced and at times horrid.
Put Stamkos on this team with a healthy producing Spezza and Anderson and we could easily trade places with them in the standings.
To be fair, with Malone (out until April) and Downie (could return in a week) two important pieces of our top-6 are injured and on D Jones is out for the rest of the regular season, Kubina is suspended 3 games and a couple of guys play through injuries. Doesn't excuse our lack of effort, though.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:28 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Sens win = Hooray!

PS - Maybe we should blame Calgary for our winning, because McEltanky and Mr.Anderson are both Flames draft picks

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Nager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
To be fair, with Malone (out until April) and Downie (could return in a week) two important pieces of our top-6 are injured and on D Jones is out for the rest of the regular season, Kubina is suspended 3 games and a couple of guys play through injuries. Doesn't excuse our lack of effort, though.
Have you looked at the Sens roster? I was definitely disappointed by Tampa though..

Nager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 11:57 AM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
he says he isnt coming back till Murray is fired or something, but he left around the time he got perosonally owned by another poster on these boards.

some here know what i am talking about
That was probably one of the most funny things that I have ever seen on these boards. Was amazing.

ErikKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 11:59 AM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Quote:
Alfredsson, Michalek, Regin and Carkner are all out for Ottawa so thats not really an excuse at all.

ErikKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Every team we play is getting outworked by us because 80% of the roster is unrecognizable and teams think it's a free pass.

Work and goaltending = too many wins for Ottawa

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Sensfanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Every team we play is getting outworked by us because 80% of the roster is unrecognizable and teams think it's a free pass.

Work and goaltending = too many wins for Ottawa
It's strange how lack of talent = increase in hard work. Why is it so hard for the elite to work hard; unless they are Crosby apparently. Perhaps they get off to easy and coaches aren't doing a good enough job with them.

Sensfanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 12:20 PM
playasRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson View Post
Alfredsson, Michalek, Regin and Carkner are all out for Ottawa so thats not really an excuse at all.
And most importantly LeClaire

playasRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 12:34 PM
DrEasy
Get well soon, BM!

vCash: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensfanman View Post
It's strange how lack of talent = increase in hard work. Why is it so hard for the elite to work hard; unless they are Crosby apparently. Perhaps they get off to easy and coaches aren't doing a good enough job with them.
I honestly don't think the lack of hard work was by decision. We know for a fact that Alfie and Fisher were playing hurt. Kovy was also taking "maintenance days". Michalek and Kuba were back from pretty major injuries, and Michalek showed how good he could be as the season progressed, and I suspect the same will happen with Kuba. Even Spezza had a groin problem early in the season and wasn't as effective as he is now.

Just too many players playing hurt or recovering from injuries.

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 01:00 PM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nager View Post
Have you looked at the Sens roster? I was definitely disappointed by Tampa though..
Quote:
I think you guys misunderstood me. It wasn't a shot at your team, I just tried to explain why we look like a one trick pony right now.

Plus we once again didn't show up for the full 60 minutes and there's no excuse for that.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 02:20 PM
SensTor

Quote:
That was probably one of the most funny things that I have ever seen on these boards. Was amazing.
I've been following HFboards for awhile but only made a profile last week. What Mustang did to Fuhr was the first case of internet identity murder I've seen first hand. Love or hate the guy, he didn't deserve that.

SensTor is offline   Reply With Quote