HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres Suggestion Box

Old
03-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Burgmania
PA Guy Of The Future

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Burgmania Send a message via MSN to Burgmania
Just posted a few things:

1) More cameras (and in HD), so that Toronto can have all the angles it needs in order to make the correct decision.

2) Do the best they can to improve the condition of the ice. Buffalo, being "hockey heaven" and all, deserves the best ice in the league.

3) Find the scoreboard from the Aud & hang it in the HSBC Arena atrium.

Burgmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 01:49 PM
CrankyJay

I'd like a song Sabres fans can call their own, none of this Sweet Caroline bs.

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Rebuild

I sent in a couple more.

1) Less back to backs. As I understand it, the reason we lead the league in back to backs every year is because the team tells the schedule makers we want a lot of home dates on Fridays. That plus 3 Canadian teams in the division leads to a lot of Friday/Saturday back to backs. If they stop asking for Fridays maybe this is less of an issue.

2) Find a tuxedo sponsor and bring back tux and pucks on New Years Eve. I started some great nights with that one.

Rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:31 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

I sent a couple today ....

Ever notice how when a player scores, it takes (what seems like) 5 minutes to announce the goal? Well most other arenas announce goals within a minute or so after it happens. Why does the HSBC take soooo long? Speed it up .... should be a simple fix.

When an opposing player scores I (and others i've talked to) would like to know the players goal total on the year with that goal. As a fan of the sport of hockey and not just a Sabres fan, this would be a nice touch. They only announce the Sabres players year total..... again should be an easy fix.

If anyone agrees with these, send them these ideas also.

As Ted Black says ... should be a makable putt ....

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Selanne00008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxtKeYBQdr0

Bring her in for the pregame. Playoff home opener?

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 11:25 PM
CaptPantalones

I might be the only person to suggest this, but I asked for the store to carry some merchandise from the goathead era.

If Mr. Pegula is serious about celebrating the history of the franchise, this is a big part of it. I didnt mind the colors or logo and would like the chance to be able to buy different merchandise from that era without having to resort to ebay or flea markets

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 10:53 AM
BrodieBruce

Ice girls?

BrodieBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 11:05 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

They should do a "fly Duddy in from Austria to 2-3 games a year" thing.

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 09:17 AM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

New one:

Can we stop drop the "Official artisian cheese"?

I doubt that any other professional sports teams have official cheeses (except maybe the Packers).

msm29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 09:56 AM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by htsportplaya View Post
New one:

I doubt that any other professional sports teams have official cheeses (except maybe the Packers).
They've drilled Yancey's Fancy into my head so much I eat like a block a day now. But seriously, it is really good and at least it's local.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 10:00 AM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
They've drilled Yancey's Fancy into my head so much I eat like a block a day now. But seriously, it is really good and at least it's local.
True. I like the local things, and let them advertise, but "official cheese?"

msm29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 03:36 PM
Burgmania
PA Guy Of The Future

Send a message via AIM to Burgmania Send a message via MSN to Burgmania
I just received an E-mail from the Sabres that thanked me for my suggestions. Also, as a way to say 'thanks', they gave me a $20 discount on 300 Level tickets for the 3/26 game vs NJ & the 3/30 game vs NYR.

Not that I'll be able to use it, but sweet deal.

Burgmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 03:43 PM
fightclubber25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgmania View Post
I just received an E-mail from the Sabres that thanked me for my suggestions. Also, as a way to say 'thanks', they gave me a $20 discount on 300 Level tickets for the 3/26 game vs NJ & the 3/30 game vs NYR.

Not that I'll be able to use it, but sweet deal.
got that too, pretty classy.

fightclubber25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 04:29 PM
boots electric

just checked my email after reading this thread...looks like everyone's getting the offer. very classy indeed

boots electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassian View Post
http://www.formstack.com/forms/?1053547-QiPO7w83yP

The Sabres have set up a Suggestion Box where you can make suggestions to the team about things like Game Presentation, the Arena, etc. This was being discussed a bit in this thread, but I thought it would be a good idea to start another thread so more people would know about it.

What were some of your suggestions?
Arena:

1. Erect a bronze statue of the French Connection in the plaza outside the arena, honoring not only Martin post-humously but the 3 players most identified with the franchise and NHL hockey in the city of Buffalo.

2. Allow/encourage fan banners to be hung each game from the upper balcony, just as was done at the Aud.

Merchandise:

1. Make all of the selections available at the Sabres Store also available online for those of us out-of-state fans that can't go to the Store; if that can't happen, at least return to the printed catalogs the Store used to mail out showing all of their different merchandise. A lot of what I've seen in the Store whenever I've visited Buffalo, especially in terms of apparel, is a better selection than what the NHL.com-linked online store shows.

2. Go back to printing and making available for purchase the annual Media Guide/Yearbook. Up until 2008, the team produced a well-composed book each season but then went to a PDF format only to save costs.

Broadcast:

1. Replace Harry Neale with a younger, more insightful color commentator to complement RJ. Any one of Peca (TSN), Barnaby (ESPN), Galley or Simpson (CBC/HNIC) are all former players that are much more eloquent and offer insight that the average viewer may not know or see during a game. Do not promote Ray to this role.

2. Keep Robie in the studio during intermissions and make Ray a locker-room, roving reporter like what TSN, NBC and Versus do with their 3rd man.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 06:34 PM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!

Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Arena:

1. Erect a bronze statue of the French Connection in the plaza outside the arena, honoring not only Martin post-humously but the 3 players most identified with the franchise and NHL hockey in the city of Buffalo.

2. Allow/encourage fan banners to be hung each game from the upper balcony, just as was done at the Aud.

Merchandise:

1. Make all of the selections available at the Sabres Store also available online for those of us out-of-state fans that can't go to the Store; if that can't happen, at least return to the printed catalogs the Store used to mail out showing all of their different merchandise. A lot of what I've seen in the Store whenever I've visited Buffalo, especially in terms of apparel, is a better selection than what the NHL.com-linked online store shows.

2. Go back to printing and making available for purchase the annual Media Guide/Yearbook. Up until 2008, the team produced a well-composed book each season but then went to a PDF format only to save costs.

Broadcast:

1. Replace Harry Neale with a younger, more insightful color commentator to complement RJ. Any one of Peca (TSN), Barnaby (ESPN), Galley or Simpson (CBC/HNIC) are all former players that are much more eloquent and offer insight that the average viewer may not know or see during a game. Do not promote Ray to this role.

2. Keep Robie in the studio during intermissions and make Ray a locker-room, roving reporter like what TSN, NBC and Versus do with their 3rd man.
Clone RJ !?!

BUCKSHOT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 06:34 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by htsportplaya View Post
New one:

I'm not a fan of the redundant ads either but it always provides for a good laugh when I hear Robie endorse the product and describe his cheese-fetishes on WGR

Old
03-15-2011, 06:38 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKSHOT View Post
Clone RJ !?!
RJ should get the same treatment as what Pegula is giving Ruff, IMO. He stays as long as he wants and can breathe. He had shown some signs a few years ago of diminished attentiveness (i.e. mixing up players) but I think with Neale apparently going into full senility the past two years, it seems RJ has had to compensate by being more alert and sharper in correcting whatever Neale says.

Old
03-15-2011, 06:49 PM
barcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
RJ should get the same treatment as what Pegula is giving Ruff, IMO. He stays as long as he wants and can breathe.
I was thinking about RJs situation today and it seemed about last year at this time the general consensus was that RJ would be sticking around maybe 2 or 3 more years tops. I certainly hope the new ownership and mantra around HSBC has rejuvenated him to stay another 5 or so.

barcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 06:57 PM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!

Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcs View Post
I was thinking about RJs situation today and it seemed about last year at this time the general consensus was that RJ would be sticking around maybe 2 or 3 more years tops. I certainly hope the new ownership and mantra around HSBC has rejuvenated him to stay another 5 or so.

I hope so, but don't think he has 5 years left

BUCKSHOT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Shmuffalo
It's SAMSON, bozo.

I think eventually he will just end up doing home games

Shmuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 07:11 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcs View Post
I'm more worried that RJ will link his future to that of Neale - at the time he was hired, I recall Neale saying that he was trying to persuade RJ to extend his stay as well. RJ said at the press conference announcing Neale's hiring how he thought the pairing was a good fit. If Neale were let go, I wonder if RJ will be discouraged enough to consider retiring for sure.

That's why I think it's imperative for Pegula / Black to insert a younger sidekick alongside RJ, who would add more life to the games alongside him, and sell RJ on the vision that a Cup is not far away. We all have read how it's as much a dream for RJ to announce a Cup-winning game as it is for Ruff and the long-suffering fans.

Old
03-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Pengo

If RJ retires I hope they can somehow get Gary Thorne to replace him.

Pengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassian View Post
If RJ retires I hope they can somehow get Gary Thorne to replace him.

We'd have to pull him away from the Orioles, though.

Armond White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 10:35 PM
CrankyJay

Sabres should use "NIN - Just like You imagined" for the intro song...Imagine huge hits, amazing goals scored with RJ roaring over this song. Would be amazing.

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote