HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky - In terms of draft picks, not players

Old
03-14-2011, 01:23 AM
Machinehead
★★★★

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
You guys kidding me? Look at the contract Gaborik got from the rangers. Big money for long term.
A) Sather is a moron and would give 10mil/year to anyone with a pulse.

B) Gaborik>>>>>>>>>>Hemsky

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 01:29 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Hemsky's value will be maximized at the deadline next year. Even then, what's a guy who's often injured really worth?

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 10:15 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
I think Hemsky is far more comparable to Martin Havlat then Marion Gaborik and kind of ironically both Minny and NY are the kinds of teams who would be willing to a risk on him IMO.

Without Koivu Minny has had a real need for some extra scoring depth and they might have an extra, young defenseman, with an edge and offensive upside in Barker that they may want to move.

NY has a stock of defenseman and are thin on top6 talent. As always someone to play with Gaborik is always of interest.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 10:48 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post

I'd be insane to disagree with you there, but I think it's safe to say

A) Hemsky will get around 6 million per season when on his next contract.

B) Not a whole lot of high end free agents available these days.

This will certainly make teams hunger for the chance to get a first line play-maker and therefore there's no way he's going to be traded away for pennies.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Vladimir Tarasenko*

8-12 Pick + 2nd

Vladimir Tarasenko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 10:56 AM
zeus3007*

His value has dropped enough that he just might be a steal on his contract extension...

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

A couple of years ago Tanguay and Cammaleri, both a season away from UFAgency, brought back a late 1st plus a 2nd and a mid 1st respectively at the draft, so I see no reason Hemsky couldn't bring back similar value in a trade, but Edmonton would be hard pressed to get much more than that. Maybe a bit more in terms of an additional pick or prospect.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 11:01 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I think Hemsky is far more comparable to Martin Havlat then Marion Gaborik and kind of ironically both Minny and NY are the kinds of teams who would be willing to a risk on him IMO.

Without Koivu Minny has had a real need for some extra scoring depth and they might have an extra, young defenseman, with an edge and offensive upside in Barker that they may want to move.

NY has a stock of defenseman and are thin on top6 talent. As always someone to play with Gaborik is always of interest.
What d-men do you think the Rags might be interested in moving. Obviously we know Staal is staying with the Rangers, but who else? Girardi?

I don't know what Minnesota would have to offer for Hemsky. They don't really have the type of d-man that I think the Oil would want for Hemmer (aside from Burns, which we know would never happen). And their first is likely off the table this year.

Old
03-14-2011, 11:02 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
What d-men do you think the Rags might be interested in moving. Obviously we know Staal is staying with the Rangers, but who else? Girardi?

I don't know what Minnesota would have to offer for Hemsky. They don't really have the type of d-man that I think the Oil would want for Hemmer (aside from Burns, which we know would never happen). And their first is likely off the table this year.
Or were you thinking more in terms of defensive prospects?

Old
03-14-2011, 11:03 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
What??? A couple of weeks ago Hemsky was worth Brayden Schenn and a pick.
To Edmonton, he is. This thread is asking what OTHER teams think he's worth. A rather simple concept...

Old
03-14-2011, 11:31 AM
MajorPain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post

I'm sorry but I have to disagree as you could easily sell Sather the idea that even Vampires can play hockey!

MajorPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 11:35 AM
thalegion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPain View Post
I'm sorry but I have to disagree as you could easily sell Sather the idea that even Vampires can play hockey!
Thats funny because my unfinished novel is called vampire hockey players lol

thalegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 12:13 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalegion View Post
Thats funny because my unfinished novel is called vampire hockey players lol
they suck...

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor View Post
Code:
	5	6	7	8	9	10
2009	Brayden Schenn 	Oliver Ekman-Larsson 	Nazem Kadri 	Scott Glennie 	Jared Cowen 	Magnus Paajarvi 
2008	Luke Schenn 	Nikita Filatov 	Colin Wilson 	Mikkel Boedker 	Josh Bailey 	Cody Hodgson 
2007	Karl Alzner 	Sam Gagner 	Jakub Voracek 	Zach Hamill 	Logan Couture 	Keaton Ellerby 
2006	Phil Kessel 	Derick Brassard 	Kyle Okposo 	Peter Mueller 	James Sheppard 	Michael Frolik 
2005	Carey Price 	Gilbert Brule 	Jack Skille 	Devin Setoguchi 	Brian Lee 	Luc Bourdon 
2004	Blake Wheeler 	Al Montoya 	Rostislav Olesz 	Alexandre Picard 	Ladislav Smid 	Boris Valabik 
2003	Thomas Vanek 	Milan Michalek 	Ryan Suter 	Braydon Coburn 	Dion Phaneuf 	Andrei Kostitsyn 
2002	Ryan Whitney 	Scottie Upshall 	Joffrey Lupul 	Pierre-Marc Bouchard 	Petr Taticek 	Eric Nystrom 
2001	Stanislav Chistov 	Mikko Koivu 	Mike Komisarek 	Pascal Leclaire 	Tuomo Ruutu 	Dan Blackburn 
2000	Raffi Torres 	Scott Hartnell 	Lars Jonsson 	Nikita Alexeev 	Brent Krahn 	Mikhail Yakubov 
1999	Tim Connolly 	Brian Finley 	Kris Beech 	Taylor Pyatt 	Jamie Lundmark 	Branislav Mezei 
1998	Vitaly Vishnevski 	Rico Fata 	Manny Malhotra 	Mark Bell 	Michael Rupp	Nik Antropov 
1997	Eric Brewer 	Daniel Tkaczuk 	Paul Mara 	Sergei Samsonov 	Nick Boynton	Brad Ference 
1996	Richard Jackman 	Boyd Devereaux 	Erik Rasmussen 	Johnathan Aitken 	Ruslan Salei 	Lance Ward
Take a look at the picks.

50-60pt players? 1.5m minimum cap hit for three years, RFA + after? For a $$ sensitive team, you think spending +$3m on developing a player, and then either being hit with a large increase in salary, or the more likely failure of the player, makes financial sense?

Given the upcoming (weak) draft, what would common sense tell you?
"More likely failure of the player"

Your own list provides strong evidence to counter that.

Suter, Alzner, Couture, Kessel, Coburn, Brewer, Conolly, Upshall, Michalek, Hartnell, Kostitsyn, Lupul, Okposo, Voracek, Malhotra, Samsonov, Setoguchi, Frolik, Brassard, Phaneuf, Smid, Whitney, Vanek, Price, Bouchard, etc.
And a bunch more who are still too early to call.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 12:11 AM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPain View Post
True, true.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote