HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#68: Thrashers @ Flyers - Saturday, Mar. 12, 2011 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
03-12-2011, 09:53 PM
seanerixon

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to seanerixon Send a message via MSN to seanerixon Send a message via Yahoo to seanerixon Send a message via Skype™ to seanerixon
As much as people don't like Zherdev, I remember the team #WINNING with Zherdev.

#WINNING, duh. Get the picture?

seanerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 09:54 PM
trigzter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Eh? So I guess by that logic we bring up Michael Leighton right? Cause the team seemed to play better infront of Leighton than Boosh last season. Remember? That was the Boosh apologists' arguement.
Oh yeah because I said anything about last year. I am talking about this season. Boosh has a lower GAA, and we can trust him to play against any team. Bob? Good luck ever seeing him if we play the Lightning. He just shows game after game that he has a lot of work to do. I am not saying he won't be a good goalie or even the goalie of our future, but if the team seriously wants to compete for the Stanley Cup you will start seeing Bob less and less as playoffs near.

trigzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
There's something wrong with you where you have to dook on one goalie to go out of your way to defend another.

Bob played poorly tonight. This game isn't on him by any means, but going out of your way to trash Boucher - who's been good for us this year - just makes you seem small and petty.

But that's always been your MO about our goalies, so....
I dont like Boosh dude. I never did. I know you do, and thats why you get pissed at me, but whatever.

Only reason I trashed Boosh, in this thread, was cause some people came in saying Boosh is the answer and Bob isnt. I fully disagree. Maybe you agree, but I dont. Unlike some people here, I dont think Boosh has turned the corner and became a #1. In the past 3 games, he has given up 4 goals, 4 goals, and 2 goals. I dont remember people *****ing about it either.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jtown

dare i say LEIGHTON?

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 09:55 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
dare i say LEIGHTON?

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 09:58 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
I dont like Boosh dude. I never did. I know you do, and thats why you get pissed at me, but whatever.

Only reason I trashed Boosh, in this thread, was cause some people came in saying Boosh is the answer and Bob isnt. I fully disagree. Maybe you agree, but I dont. Unlike some people here, I dont think Boosh has turned the corner and became a #1. In the past 3 games, he has given up 4 goals, 4 goals, and 2 goals. I dont remember people *****ing about it either.
We don't have a #1. But Boosh, of late, has looked like the lesser of two evils.

Bob is ten times more talented, but your hatred of Boucher is just unwarranted at this point. I'm not even a huge fan and won't shed a tear when he winds up gone at the end of the year, but it just irritates me when people run at the mouth about goalies without making a valid point. He's played well this year; Bob has been lackluster since the start of the year.

The dude is a decent goalie. He's very, very far from my choice to be our starter but if Holmgren is going to insist on scraping the bottom of the barrel, you wind up with a backup playing the big games.

Nobody will be happier than me when Bobrovsky seals up the holes in his game and becomes our goalie moving forward...but he just hasn't been good lately, so it's time to see if Boucher can run with it.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Haute Couturier

Quote:

Please. I don't think anyone here thinks Boucher is a legitimate #1, but neither is Bobrovsky at this point. The only reason Bobrovsky gets more love over Boucher is because he is the shiny new toy. Boucher has been the better and more consistent goalie this season. Does that mean I think Boucher is suddenly a great goalie? Heck no. I don't think they will win a Cup with either of them this year, but I do like my chances better with Boucher.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigzter View Post
Oh yeah because I said anything about last year. I am talking about this season. Boosh has a lower GAA, and we can trust him to play against any team. Bob? Good luck ever seeing him if we play the Lightning. He just shows game after game that he has a lot of work to do. I am not saying he won't be a good goalie or even the goalie of our future, but if the team seriously wants to compete for the Stanley Cup you will start seeing Bob less and less as playoffs near.
Boosh has a small lower differenial GAA (which doesnt mean much) then Bob does. Difference is though that Bob has played 44 games and Boosh 28.

Right now, Bob = Boosh. There really is no one better then the other.

Old
03-12-2011, 09:59 PM
TheLegendkiller

What a pathetic bunch of losers. Not only one person is to blame.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Walnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
I don't think a game like this qualifies as 'stealing' it when you score 4 goals and go into the 3rd up 3-0.
We were outshot 41-24

We were stealing it at the 2nd intermission. But we can't play for 60 minutes lately. Our enviable top 6 has been s******g the bed.

It's amazing really all through the off season and start of the year pundits put down our finals loss last year to a poor 3rd pairing on D. They 'fix' that this year and we can't buy a shutout.

Walnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:00 PM
CdnFlyersFan

"Anything Can Happen"

CdnFlyersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RU Flyerfan

As of now, we don't have a number 1 goalie; we have two backups. I would rather have probably 20 or 30 goalies ahead the two we have now for the playoffs. That being said, I don't think Bobrovsky won't pan out. He's going to be a solid NHL starter, but by no means will he be Bernie Parent reincarnate.

RU Flyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mm6492

They were supposed to be the tired ones and THEY outworked us in the final 20 minutes #pathetic

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
Quote:
And...we dont make playoffs. Cant wait till Boosh is off this ****ing team. Bob gave up 2 bad goals...maybe. I saw 1. But its laughable to blame him.
Kane goal: stoppable
Bogosian goal: saw it the whole way
Enstrom goal: absolutely pathetic

Your hatred for Boosh is beyond pathetic. I'm not a fan of either but I've been growing tired of Bob's game and this one put me over the top.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:01 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walnut View Post
We were outshot 41-24

We were stealing it at the 2nd intermission. But we can't play for 60 minutes lately. Our enviable top 6 has been s******g the bed.

It's amazing really all through the off season and start of the year pundits put down our finals loss last year to a poor 3rd pairing on D. They 'fix' that this year and we can't buy a shutout.
Shutouts are overrated.

That said, the fact that this team refuses to play a full 60 minutes really all points to the attitude of our core players. This sort of bullsh-- goes back to the Stevens days. There are a lot of players on this team who seem to think it's okay to put in less than a full 60 minutes' worth of work when you have talent.

They've been proven wrong time and time again, but all the #1 in the East hype seems to have gotten to them.

Old
03-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post

Your hatred for Boosh is beyond pathetic. I'm not a fan of either but I've been growing tired of Bob's game and this one put me over the top.
...lets slow down here. That was a great *ing shot.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:03 PM
ph

Poor personnel decisions. Lavi's early season decisions on who to play looked genius, now they just look like luck. The Broadstreet Bully era is dead. Carcillo and Shelley suck. They provide energy? Really? The team I'm watching is tired and being skated around in the 3rd period repeatedly, and by teams that played the night before when they didn't. Lavi needs to swallow his pride and put the 15 goal scorer back into the lineup. Yeah, he sucks defensively and has lazy shifts. I've seen that from every player on the team over the last month+.

ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:04 PM
mm6492

Rolloson would be perfect.....just sayin'.

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:04 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post

Thanks man, you must be new here. I dont like Boosh and never will. Im not like our annual Carter hater though who brings up Carter's name in every thread.

I think I became a Boosh hater more so last season though thinking about it. I wasnt even a Leighton fan, but the hate he got, while Boosh was the same/worse and got barely nothing pissed me off I guess.

Oh well I was on board for bringing a goalie during the deadline anyway. Boosh blows, and currently Bob blows. And currently our defense blows.

what can you do?

Old
03-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
Rolloson would be perfect.....just sayin'.
If/When the goaltending comes up small in the playoffs, it will be interesting to hear what (if anything) Holmgren says to address that point.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:06 PM
RU Flyerfan

Enstrom's goal was on Timonen in my opinion. A skater should have given Bob his stick. Instead, Timonen leaves the slot wide open, which Enstrom exploited. Tough to blame that one on Bob. Kane's goal was a softie, no doubt. Bogosian's goal should have been saved, but I was more upset about the 1st, 3rd, and 4th goals. You could feel the Thrashers were going to score in OT after the momentum was all on the Thrashers side.

RU Flyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I think he means the fact that Bob had no stick because he let a semi-hard slapshot from the blue line knock it clean out of his hand.

ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
infidelappel*

Quote:
If/When the goaltending comes up small in the playoffs, it will be interesting to hear what (if anything) Holmgren says to address that point.
We'll probably need another enforcer, or a better third pair.

I think another $4m contract on the back-end should do.

Old
trigzter

Quote:
Boosh has a small lower differenial GAA (which doesnt mean much) then Bob does. Difference is though that Bob has played 44 games and Boosh 28.

Right now, Bob = Boosh. There really is no one better then the other.
Honestly, like I said before I don't hate Bob, and I am going to end up repeating what others above said in that Boosh just gives us a better chance to win. The single biggest problem I have with Bob is that he is terrible in shootout/breakaways, I know you don't have to worry about shootouts in the playoffs but if he ever wants to start for any team other than the flyers, he will need to improve.

trigzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 10:07 PM
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
Quote:
Considering he blatantly told Timonen to get his stick, and didn't pay any attention to the play is what made it pathetic. He might have well left the crease to get his stick. It would have been equally embarrassing.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote