HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Linden Vey Wins WHL Scoring Title

Old
03-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Tookey98

vCash: 500
Linden Vey Wins WHL Scoring Title

Just wondering if anyone knows much about Linden Vey? I see he's leading the whl in points and has 46 goals.

Tookey98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 03:45 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I would direct you to our prospects thread that is stickyed above. We have been talking allot about Vey and I will be putting up a pseudo report about him and his season after Sunday's game in Cal. Give it a look as there has been some really informative stuff written about him.

Were aware and couldn't be happier about his development.

Prospect Info Kings 2010-11 CHL and NCAA Prospect Update

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Tookey98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I would direct you to our prospects thread that is stickyed above. We have been talking allot about Vey and I will be putting up a pseudo report about him and his season after Sunday's game in Cal. Give it a look as there has been some really informative stuff written about him.

Thanks

Tookey98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 05:48 PM
AStammer7*

Is Vey Signed Yet?

Quote:

Went to see the Lethbridge Hurricanes play host to the Medicine Hat Tigers on March12. Was disappointed that Linden Vey was not in the lineup...Anyone know if Lombardi has signed the kid...on stats alone Vey looks like quite a find. Will be a good player next season for the Monarchs I imagine...

AStammer7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 07:55 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

He isn't signed yet but thats not an issue.

He was out wit the flu and had a neck strain but is back in the line up.

Old
03-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Jwm1986

Hes gonna surprise a lot of people i think....hes got a great combination of everything....Hes the type of player who WILL be in the NHL for many years....i think people originally thought he would have more of a 3rd line role, but i think hes showing that he has high end offensive skill as well....
remember, hes doing this as a 19 year old, not an over ager, so that says a lot in my eyes....

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 04:42 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm1986 View Post
Hes gonna surprise a lot of people i think....hes got a great combination of everything....Hes the type of player who WILL be in the NHL for many years....i think people originally thought he would have more of a 3rd line role, but i think hes showing that he has high end offensive skill as well....
remember, hes doing this as a 19 year old, not an over ager, so that says a lot in my eyes....
I think the unfortunate part of the whole thing is that if he does turn out to be a top 6 player, he probably wont be with the kings(considering Kopitar, Schenn, and Loktionov all play center as well and have more experience at this point) unless he can be converted to a wing.

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 05:03 PM
AStammer7*

Vey Was A Winger Turned Centre!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJames View Post
I think the unfortunate part of the whole thing is that if he does turn out to be a top 6 player, he probably wont be with the kings(considering Kopitar, Schenn, and Loktionov all play center as well and have more experience at this point) unless he can be converted to a wing.
When the Los Angeles Kings drafted Linden Vey in 2009 it was as a RWinger. This past year he was converted to Centre and really blossomed in the goal scoring department. When Vey makes the Kings it will be as a RWinger I'm thinking. As it sits the Kings strong suit is definitely RW, and Goal and Defense and Centre...

Old
03-19-2011, 06:53 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStammer7 View Post
When the Los Angeles Kings drafted Linden Vey in 2009 it was as a RWinger. This past year he was converted to Centre and really blossomed in the goal scoring department. When Vey makes the Kings it will be as a RWinger I'm thinking. As it sits the Kings strong suit is definitely RW, and Goal and Defense and Centre...
Oh nice! i did not realize that. there's going to be a great competition for those 2 top line right wing spots in a couple years. They already have Brownie, then theres Toffoli, Vey, Kozun, and Oscar Moller. Its hard to get past how bright the future of this PLAYOFF team is looking.

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 09:26 PM
AStammer7*

Brown,Moller And Kozun Can Play LW Too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJames View Post
Oh nice! i did not realize that. there's going to be a great competition for those 2 top line right wing spots in a couple years. They already have Brownie, then theres Toffoli, Vey, Kozun, and Oscar Moller. Its hard to get past how bright the future of this PLAYOFF team is looking.
Dustin Brown isn't the only one that can play the off-wing. Moller,and Kozun have done so in the past with the former having played the most by far...It's good to see the Kings have some very versatile players on the forward ranks. As it stands I bet Maxim Kitsyn is also being played on the RW even though his natural position is LW...

Old
03-20-2011, 07:36 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Just a quick update on this weekends finale series against Calgary Linden was a man among boys and played a monster series. He was the best player on the ice in my opinion and had the key assist in Friday's 1-0 victory and had another beautiful assist in todays 2-0 win.

He ends the season as the WHL's leading scorer with 46 goals and 70 assists for 116 points.

Old
03-21-2011, 01:00 PM
AStammer7*

Wished Vey Had Scored 50 Goals...

Quote:
Just a quick update on this weekends finale series against Calgary Linden was a man among boys and played a monster series. He was the best player on the ice in my opinion and had the key assist in Friday's 1-0 victory and had another beautiful assist in todays 2-0 win.

He ends the season as the WHL's leading scorer with 46 goals and 70 assists for 116 points.
Followed Linden Vey very closely this season. Wished he had scored 50 goals but I'm ecstatic he won the scoring championship...He will look good in Manchester next season,a great find by the Los Angeles Kings Organization...

Old
03-21-2011, 04:51 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

http://www.whl.ca/article/tigers-lin...-clarke-trophy

http://www.medicinehatnews.com/local...-03212011.html

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 09:00 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Just some awesome drafting by Dean'o.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Love this kid. JDM and I loved him from the first minute we saw him at camp. A certain other blogger commented "he will never make it" to our amusement...or is that bemusement.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Malice430

So the kings have the top scorer in the WHL and OHL with Vey and Toffoli
Plus Jordan Weal was 5th in WHL scoring and Schenn averaged 2 points a game in the WHL this year

Malice430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 10:24 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Love this kid. JDM and I loved him from the first minute we saw him at camp. A certain other blogger commented "he will never make it" to our amusement...or is that bemusement.
Who would have said such a thing? Vey has his future in his hands and it looks great from the get go.

Now I am wondering who would say such a thing.