HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Surging Sabres moving into playoff contention

Old
03-12-2011, 02:45 AM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Surging Sabres moving into playoff contention

Quote:
They're on a 6-1-2 roll that has vaulted them into playoff contention for the first time since the start of the season. And the run has come mostly during what Miller described as a season-defining seven-game trip that concludes in Toronto on Saturday night.
Quote:
"I think we've shown a lot of resilience," Miller said, referring to the Sabres going 18-8-4 since Jan. 1. "We can be happy with the effort, and knowing that there's a lot of hockey left to play and a lot left to prove."

Buffalo has responded with a more focused team effort, and a knack for winning close games. Since Dec. 28, the Sabres are 9-3-4 in games decided by one goal after opening the season going 7-7-4.
Quote:
The second-half surge partially coincides with Terry Pegula's purchase of the franchise last month. A longtime Sabres fan, the Pennsylvania billionaire has already begun breathing life into a team that had lost its direction under former owner Tom Golisano.
Quote:
Pegula is also providing some cosmetic changes to help inspire the Sabres. Upon arriving for practice Friday, Sabres players discovered a new carpet -- dark blue with the team's logo printed on it -- had been installed in the locker room while they were away.

"It finally looks like a locker room," forward Thomas Vanek said, crediting Pegula. "He's made it clear he's here to win. And I think you can see the changes already. He's part of us, and that's good."
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=357621

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Jeremy2020

moving? Last I knew, 7th was a playoff position

Jeremy2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

I kind of feel bed for the players, especially lifers with the team like Vanek. They deserved to be treated like winers, and now finally they are.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Selanne00008

Pegula is also providing some cosmetic changes to help inspire the Sabres. Upon arriving for practice Friday, Sabres players discovered a new carpet -- dark blue with the team's logo printed on it -- had been installed in the locker room while they were away.

"It finally looks like a locker room," forward Thomas Vanek said, crediting Pegula. "He's made it clear he's here to win. And I think you can see the changes already. He's part of us, and that's good."

I think thats amazing. Kinda stuff Pegula is doing really transcends to the ice. A++++

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote