HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '11 – Czech Republic

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-18-2011, 10:19 AM
  #76
Rexor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brno
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraifailure View Post
If Coyotes lose tonight, you think Rozsisval, Klesla, Vrbata and Hanzal have room in your roster? I'd love to see those last two especially if it so that Phoenix can't get it together.
Rozsíval, I think yes, he was our best defenceman last year. The others I'm not really sure about. It's been long time since Klesla played for the CZE but Hadamczik surely knows him much better than I do. Vrbata probably wouldn't have a place on the first two lines where he's most effective. Hanzal is an interesting young player. Would he be good enough on the bigger ice though? Glad I'm not the coach.

Hadamczik would definitely be interested in Kaberle and Krejčí if the Bruins were to lose. The same can be said about Michálek from Pittsburgh.

Rexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:03 AM
  #77
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexor View Post
Rozsíval, I think yes, he was our best defenceman last year. The others I'm not really sure about. It's been long time since Klesla played for the CZE but Hadamczik surely knows him much better than I do. Vrbata probably wouldn't have a place on the first two lines where he's most effective. Hanzal is an interesting young player. Would he be good enough on the bigger ice though? Glad I'm not the coach.

Hadamczik would definitely be interested in Kaberle and Krejčí if the Bruins were to lose. The same can be said about Michálek from Pittsburgh.
Not sure, but I think Hadamczik mentioned somewhere Vrbata too, so he'd be probably invited. I think all of them should be considered. We'll see that happens.

Btw. Kvapil is out as well, got injured during SUI games. Not a big loss though, wish him quick recovery.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 06:50 PM
  #78
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,313
vCash: 500
Why wouldn't all the Czech Coyotes be there? Klesla, Hanzal and Vrbata should all definately be on that team. Especially Hanzal, that kid has become a phenominal third line center who can really do anything our there. The team would definately be better with these guys. I think they should all be there.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 05:56 AM
  #79
Mirinho
Registered User
 
Mirinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,541
vCash: 500
my team with players from BOS (i know it's still only 2:1 for MTL ) and PHO
¨
Pavelec
Štěpánek
Kovář

Rachůnek-Kaberle
Martínek-Židlický
Škoula-Rozsíval
Čáslava

Michálek-Eliáš-Havlát,
Voráček-Červenka-Jágr
Marek-Krejčí-Průcha
Rolinek-Hanzal-Vrbata
Růžička

that's 23 players ..... + I'd add only Plekanec after preleiminary round (depends on MTL in SC ofc)

Mirinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 07:05 AM
  #80
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirinho View Post
my team with players from BOS (i know it's still only 2:1 for MTL ) and PHO
¨
Pavelec
Štěpánek
Kovář

Rachůnek-Kaberle
Martínek-Židlický
Škoula-Rozsíval
Čáslava

Michálek-Eliáš-Havlát,
Voráček-Červenka-Jágr
Marek-Krejčí-Průcha
Rolinek-Hanzal-Vrbata
Růžička

that's 23 players ..... + I'd add only Plekanec after preleiminary round (depends on MTL in SC ofc)
With that line up I'd put:

Pavelec
Stepanek
Kovar

Zidlicky-Martinek
Kaberle-Roszival
Skoula-Rachunek

Michalek-Krejci-Havlat
Voracek-Cervenka-Jagr
Marek-Elias-Vrbata
Rolinek-Hanzal-Prucha

I love the Jagr line you put together. Who better to have playing with the top Czech player under 22 (Voracek) than the best forward to ever come out of the Czech Republic? Maybe he could learn a few things and gain some inspiration.

I put Krejci on the first line because right now he's much more of a top line center than Elias. He's a great playmaking center and still has a ton of potential. That's not meant to put down Elias by any means, but I think at this point he's best suited to a 3rd line role rather than playing on the top line. However playing with Marek and Vrbata will still make that line a threat to score, but they'll also be strong in both ends.

I think Hanzal is one of the best bottom 6, young players in the NHL today. He has the entire package and would be great for the Czech PK and in shutting down the opposition's top players. After watching him shut down guys like Thornton, Heatley, Gaborik and Zetterberg, it's clear that he'd be a great addition to the team. I think Sobotka should be there as well as an energy/4th line player, but clearly the coach (is it still Ruzicka?) doesn't feel the same way.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 07:17 AM
  #81
Mirinho
Registered User
 
Mirinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I think Sobotka should be there as well as an energy/4th line player, but clearly the coach (is it still Ruzicka?) doesn't feel the same way.
no, it's Alois Hadamczik ... lets say average coach

Martin Ruzicka will probably get the 13th spot as a reward for his phenomenal season and especialy PLF ... he set some new PLF records (33pts in 18matches etc.) stats .. but of course Sobotka would be nice player to watch in this team

Mirinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 07:39 AM
  #82
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
With that line up I'd put:

Pavelec
Stepanek
Kovar

Zidlicky-Martinek
Kaberle-Roszival
Skoula-Rachunek

Michalek-Krejci-Havlat
Voracek-Cervenka-Jagr
Marek-Elias-Vrbata
Rolinek-Hanzal-Prucha

I love the Jagr line you put together. Who better to have playing with the top Czech player under 22 (Voracek) than the best forward to ever come out of the Czech Republic? Maybe he could learn a few things and gain some inspiration.

I put Krejci on the first line because right now he's much more of a top line center than Elias. He's a great playmaking center and still has a ton of potential. That's not meant to put down Elias by any means, but I think at this point he's best suited to a 3rd line role rather than playing on the top line. However playing with Marek and Vrbata will still make that line a threat to score, but they'll also be strong in both ends.

I think Hanzal is one of the best bottom 6, young players in the NHL today. He has the entire package and would be great for the Czech PK and in shutting down the opposition's top players. After watching him shut down guys like Thornton, Heatley, Gaborik and Zetterberg, it's clear that he'd be a great addition to the team. I think Sobotka should be there as well as an energy/4th line player, but clearly the coach (is it still Ruzicka?) doesn't feel the same way.
I like this a lot. Though I've got a feeling that Hadamczik will screw the lines up somehow. He better proves me wrong.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 08:20 AM
  #83
cheerupmurray
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,465
vCash: 500
The czech team looks pretty good, I like this version of the WC. All the big countries except USA has put together quite interesting rosters. On paper this czech team is one of the better, perhaps the third best team after Canada and Russia?

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 01:11 PM
  #84
Kesid
The House of Penguin
 
Kesid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
I would like to see Sobotka and others... but Hadamczik decided to not to take them so I would be at least happy if I could see these lines :

Pavelec (Štěpánek)

Škoula - Rachůnek
Klesla - Rozsíval
Čáslava - Židlický
Krajíček - Martínek

(Mojžíš/Nakládal)

Klepiš - Vampola - Jágr
Havlát - Eliáš - Michálek
Voráček - Hanzal(/Marek) - Průcha
Koukal - Novotný - Hubáček

(Červenka/Růžička)

If Hanzal couldn't come I would take Marek instead of him and Červenka as 13th guy. Vondrka in 4th line would make much more sense than Koukal, but he is more useful for face-offs and PK.

Kesid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 01:22 PM
  #85
Rexor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brno
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesid View Post
I would like to see Sobotka and others... but Hadamczik decided to not to take them so I would be at least happy if I could see these lines :

Pavelec (Štěpánek)

Škoula - Rachůnek
Klesla - Rozsíval
Čáslava - Židlický
Krajíček - Martínek

(Mojžíš/Nakládal)

Klepiš - Vampola - Jágr
Havlát - Eliáš - Michálek
Voráček - Hanzal(/Marek) - Průcha
Koukal - Novotný - Hubáček

(Červenka/Růžička)

If Hanzal couldn't come I would take Marek instead of him and Červenka as 13th guy. Vondrka in 4th line would make much more sense than Koukal, but he is more useful for face-offs and PK.
You're not a big fan of Červenka, right? Neither am I, but face it, there's now way Hadamczik moves him out of the Jágr's line. I see no point in doing so either since they've developed a pretty good chemistry in Omsk (probably the best line in the second half of the last KHL season).

Rexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 01:37 PM
  #86
Kesid
The House of Penguin
 
Kesid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexor View Post
You're not a big fan of Červenka, right? Neither am I, but face it, there's now way Hadamczik moves him out of the Jágr's line. I see no point in doing so either since they've developed a pretty good chemistry in Omsk (probably the best line in the second half of the last KHL season).
I can admit that - I'm not, but Vampola played much better games on international level with Jágr than Červenka. Jágr needs to keep the puck and making plays for teammates, he needs guys which will go to the net and which will play D for him and that's not role for Červenka. I can see him battling for space in 3rd line with Marek/Hanzal, but not in first. Let's face it - he didn't do anything in the last WC in line with Jágr.

Kesid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 02:19 AM
  #87
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,962
vCash: 500
I don't believe Červenka and Jágr will be splitted. But personally I wouldn't put them on the first line, that's not gonna work. Second line would be perfect for them IMO.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 03:24 AM
  #88
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,962
vCash: 500
Hanzal and Rozsíval are 100% out. They both had some health problem during the playoffs. Klesla and Vrbata will be decided soon. I hope they both come, especially we need some D-man!!

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 06:33 AM
  #89
Kesid
The House of Penguin
 
Kesid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Hanzal and Rozsíval are 100% out. They both had some health problem during the playoffs. Klesla and Vrbata will be decided soon. I hope they both come, especially we need some D-man!!
Vrbata and Klesla are out too.

Kesid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 07:13 AM
  #90
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesid View Post
Vrbata and Klesla are out too.
It's very unfortunate. Now Prospal and Kubina look like they could be next possibilities. I know Kubina said he reitres from NT after Olympics, but I wouldn't mind if Hadamczik called him again and asked once more.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:51 AM
  #91
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,313
vCash: 500
Ouch, all 4 Coyotes are out, eh?

That's quite a loss. You guys will still have a chance with either Kaberle, Krejci or Plekanec, Spacek, Hamerlik, Kubina, Prospal, Frolik and Erat. I still have no idea why Sobotka wasn't invited, but it's good to see some NHLers confirmed.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:17 AM
  #92
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Ouch, all 4 Coyotes are out, eh?

That's quite a loss. You guys will still have a chance with either Kaberle, Krejci or Plekanec, Spacek, Hamerlik, Kubina, Prospal, Frolik and Erat. I still have no idea why Sobotka wasn't invited, but it's good to see some NHLers confirmed.
It is, but I'm not extremely worried. The team is pretty ok already and is going to be be competitive, so every new reinforcement would be just nice bonus.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:07 PM
  #93
Grabovski
Грабовский правил
 
Grabovski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gomel, Belarus
Country: Belarus
Posts: 3,966
vCash: 500
Are any of these players playing?:
Havlat, Elias, Hejduk, Voracek, Hemsky (Injured?), Michalek, Flash.

Grabovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:26 PM
  #94
klikkar
#93
 
klikkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Brno
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabovski View Post
Are any of these players playing?:
Havlat, Elias, Hejduk, Voracek, Hemsky (Injured?), Michalek, Flash.
Bold are playing

klikkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:47 PM
  #95
Pentothal
Listen with one ear
 
Pentothal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: It's not even close
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,933
vCash: 500
Why don't you guys like Cervenka? He always impresses me when the Czech Republic plays against Sweden.

Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:58 PM
  #96
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentothal View Post
Why don't you guys like Cervenka? He always impresses me when the Czech Republic plays against Sweden.
He's got a lot of haters, don't know why. Personally I've got mixed feelings about him at times. But he looks ok currently, so I hope he keeps that up.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 04:53 PM
  #97
Kesid
The House of Penguin
 
Kesid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentothal View Post
Why don't you guys like Cervenka? He always impresses me when the Czech Republic plays against Sweden.
Why some guys don't like Crosby or Ovechkin?

Personally, I think he is a good player, but not in the international level. When it comes down to it, Červenka can’t be counted on as a top-six producer and I believe Czech coaches have better options for bottom six.

I know he did great in Czech league, but that’s not very good league, he was great in regular season in KHL, but not that good in play-off.

Červenka is quite skilled and can score, but I don’t believe he would be a contributor in NHL.

Kesid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 05:01 PM
  #98
Kesid
The House of Penguin
 
Kesid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Ouch, all 4 Coyotes are out, eh?

That's quite a loss. You guys will still have a chance with either Kaberle, Krejci or Plekanec, Spacek, Hamerlik, Kubina, Prospal, Frolik and Erat. I still have no idea why Sobotka wasn't invited, but it's good to see some NHLers confirmed.
I don't think Špaček, Hamrlík, Kubina, Prospal or Erat (injured) will join the team because of their age/injury. Frolík didn't have very good season so I believe Hadamczik will likely give chance to guys from european leagues.

Well, some coaches have "their favourite" guys and I think Sobotka wasn't one of them. Vrána or Hubáček are coaches horses, he knows them from the past...

Kesid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 05:10 PM
  #99
Pentothal
Listen with one ear
 
Pentothal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: It's not even close
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesid View Post
Why some guys don't like Crosby or Ovechkin?
I don't think you find a lot of Canadians who dislike Crosby or Russians who dislike Ovechkin Cervenka is obviously not on that level though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesid View Post
Personally, I think he is a good player, but not in the international level. When it comes down to it, Červenka can’t be counted on as a top-six producer and I believe Czech coaches have better options for bottom six.

I know he did great in Czech league, but that’s not very good league, he was great in regular season in KHL, but not that good in play-off.

Červenka is quite skilled and can score, but I don’t believe he would be a contributor in NHL.
Fair enough. I obviously don't watch him as closely or often as you guys. I was just surprised as I have been impressed with him before although that has mostly been at the EHT level.

Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 05:13 PM
  #100
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesid View Post
Why some guys don't like Crosby or Ovechkin?

Personally, I think he is a good player, but not in the international level. When it comes down to it, Červenka can’t be counted on as a top-six producer and I believe Czech coaches have better options for bottom six.
This is based on what? I don't know many Czech players, who where leaders of NT in the age of 25. If you expected something more from him, then you expected too much. In a few years or even this year he could be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesid View Post
I know he did great in Czech league, but that’s not very good league, he was great in regular season in KHL, but not that good in play-off.

Červenka is quite skilled and can score, but I don’t believe he would be a contributor in NHL.
How does that matter here?

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.