HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Potential Buyouts

Old
03-12-2011, 10:59 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

vCash: 500
Gomez

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 11:10 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
Gomez
Not happening
His buyout cap hit over the next 6 years would be : 1.8, 3.8, 4.8, 2, 2, 2

http://www.capgeek.com/buyout_calcul...06&buyout_d=15

If the Habs were to make a decison on Gomez's future, I would wait until after the 2011-2012. He will have two years left on his contract and his salary will fall to 5.5 and 4.5 millions.

He might be easier to trade him to a team that wants to reach the cap floor ("low" salary and high cap hit could save some money to those kind of teams)

If the Habs can't trade him, buying out his salary would have a much smaller impact on the salary cap (about 1.7 millions for 4 years).

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 11:14 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Not happening

If the Habs were to make a decison on Gomez's future, I would wait until after the 2011-2012. He will have two years left on his contract and his salary will fall to 5.5 and 4.5 millions.

He might be easier to trade him to a team that wants to reach the cap floor ("low" salary and high cap hit could save some money to those kind of teams)

If the Habs can't trade him, buying out his salary would have a much smaller impact on the salary cap (about 1.7 millions for 4 years).

True...I could easily see them put him on waivers and letting him rot in Hamilton when no one claims him. At some point they will not have a choice.

Old
03-12-2011, 11:21 PM
dnicks17

Please Tambo, buyout Kurtis Foster.

Would be the best $600k spent during the next two seasons.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:
True...I could easily see them put him on waivers and letting him rot in Hamilton when no one claims him. At some point they will not have a choice.
Habs have never buried any players in the minor since the new CBA. I don't think it will happen with Gomez either. Anyway, I believe that burying Gomez in the minors would probably create some tension in the dressing room since Gomez has his share of friends on the team.

Over the past few years, the organization got stuck with some under achievers like Theodore, Samsonov and Laraque and they always found a "polite" way to get rid of them. They never "humiliated" a player be sending him to the AHL.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 11:32 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Habs have never buried any players in the minor since the new CBA. I don't think it will happen with Gomez either. It would probably create some tension in the dressing room since Gomez has his share of friends of the team.

Over the past few years, the organization got stuck with some under achievers like Theodore, Samsonov and Laraque and they always found a "polite" way to get rid of them. They never "humiliated" a player be sending him to the AHL.
I know but at some point they will not have a choice, unless someone is willing to trade for him, he has to go to hamilton.

Subban, Price, Markov, Wiz, Gorges, Weber, Gill, AK, Pouliot, Eller, etc.....all these guys will need a contract this summer or the next. The money will have to come from somewhere.

Let Hamrlik walk, waive Gomez, and you have around 13 million to spread around for those guys above.....

Old
03-13-2011, 01:03 AM
BennyBST

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin27NYI View Post
possibly trent hunter, injuries have really gotten the better of him.
I'm hoping so, he just does not fit our current lineup. Too slow, too fragile and is not able to contribute as a bottom 6 forward. He's just way too slow.

BennyBST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 09:42 AM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

Quote:
I know but at some point they will not have a choice, unless someone is willing to trade for him, he has to go to hamilton.

Subban, Price, Markov, Wiz, Gorges, Weber, Gill, AK, Pouliot, Eller, etc.....all these guys will need a contract this summer or the next. The money will have to come from somewhere.

Let Hamrlik walk, waive Gomez, and you have around 13 million to spread around for those guys above.....
Not all of those guys you listed are going to get contract offers. Gomez may have a huge cap hit but he's a veteran player who has quite a lot of playoff experience.

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 10:30 AM
startainfection

i can imagine trent hunter getting bought out but i would kinda like to see him score his 100th goal as an islander and he is currently at 99

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Noldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Chris Drury will likely be bought out if he doesn't retire because of injuries and being the odd man out.
Buying Drury out would be quite odd move, although his NMC means that Rangers might have no other choice if he truly is no capable of playing anymore (and not hurt enough to retire / stay on LTIR).

Drury's buyout would had cap hit of 3.7 million next season and 1.666 the following season, so that would mean a 3.3 million in saved cap space for next season. Can Ranger's sign an improvement over Drury costing less than 3.3 million?

Noldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
i'm speculating kuba, my board doesnt entirely agree, but the team seems set on putting rundblad and cowen in the NHL next year, and just re-signed phillips.

Gonchar, Phillips, Karlsson, Rundblad, Cowen, Lee, Carkner

i dont see space for kuba, so if he cant be traded, i definitely see a buyout coming.
Sens will need to hit the cap floor next season and need veteran bodies. It sounds like there was even a market to trade Kuba near the deadline but a team went in another direction. I think he gets traded before he gets bought out. Otherwise, he'll be an Ottawa Senator next season.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Call Me No One
All's Well

Do you think the Flames will buyout Ales Kotalik? I remember reading in an article after his most recent demotion to Abbotsford that his goal is to make the team next year, so it doesn't sound like he's going to up and leave for Europe. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have $3 million playing in the minors. Buyout would be $1 million for the next two years. What do you think?

Call Me No One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 09:44 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post

I say put Foster in the number 7 d-man spot. The only Oilers I want to see bought out are Souray and Khabiboulin, even though I know the latter won't happen.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 09:45 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noldo View Post
Buying Drury out would be quite odd move, although his NMC means that Rangers might have no other choice if he truly is no capable of playing anymore (and not hurt enough to retire / stay on LTIR).

Drury's buyout would had cap hit of 3.7 million next season and 1.666 the following season, so that would mean a 3.3 million in saved cap space for next season. Can Ranger's sign an improvement over Drury costing less than 3.3 million?
Consider that 3.3 million towards Brad Richards.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 09:50 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Not happening

Couldn't they just send Gomez to minors? Like Oilers did with Souray?

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 10:21 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Olesz was the first player that came to mind, Drury is a possibility as well I'm sure.

Unlikely the Ducks will buyout anyone, maybe Brookbank but that wouldn't really be worth it.
Rangers and Panthers trade Drury for Olesz and buyout each others player, it makes more sense for each team. Higher cap hit and lower salary for Florida and lower cap hit for NYR. Win/Win.

Florida can save millions by hovering at the cap floor next year.

NYR can end up with a negative cap hit for years 2 and 3.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 06:26 PM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Rangers and Panthers trade Drury for Olesz and buyout each others player, it makes more sense for each team. Higher cap hit and lower salary for Florida and lower cap hit for NYR. Win/Win.

Florida can save millions by hovering at the cap floor next year.

NYR can end up with a negative cap hit for years 2 and 3.
I think NYR would have to add something, as it helps them more than FLA, but i like this idea

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

i could see oduya getting put on the glass rod of failures if he can't be traded for something worth the time.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 09:13 PM
straka91*

Zherdev(Forgot how to spell his name)-Can go back to Europe lazy sack.
Shelley-Replace him with Big Mac for league min.
Commodore-Will get signed by another team for cheap.

straka91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 09:54 PM
landfill

Gomez is valuable in the playoffs, he is overpaid but is still has value to his team.

Also not a buyout but there is a rumour that Wade Redden will walk away from the his contract during the summer. Makes sense it is his only chance to play in the nhl again.

landfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 10:21 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post

And buy Souray out while he's at it?

Which Oiler will it be after next season?

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by landfill View Post
Also not a buyout but there is a rumour that Wade Redden will walk away from the his contract during the summer.
How does a person actually do that? Is there a waiver process or something?

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 10:36 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
If Drury is bought out, I could see the new owner making a play for him to be the third line center in Buffalo.

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Spacek if anyone from Montréal.

He's old, he doesn't do what he's suppose to do and that's get a somewhat hard shot through. He's injured, but been bumped to 5th dman. That's with Markov and Gorges out.

Not even kidding, he's getting paid 3.8 mill to play number 5 minutes.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Caged Great

The Flames are more likely to loan Kotalik to a Euro team where that team covers a portion of the contract than to buy him out. With Langkow likely coming back next year, the Flames really won't have the $ to have Kotalik or his buyout on the books.

Caged Great is online now   Reply With Quote