HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lubo for Norris!

Old
03-11-2011, 01:56 PM
kingsfan25

vCash: 500
Lubo for Norris!

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/5488/where-is-norris-talk-for-lubomir-visnovsky

The only Duck it's ok to like is, as ever, flying under the radar this season--second in points among NHL D-men, matching up against the opposition's top lines on a nightly basis. But Pierre Lebrun from ESPN gives him a well-deserved shoutout in this article. Lubo's one of my all-time favourite Kings and, much as I can't support the unexpected success of this year's Ducks (they were supposed to be cannon fodder, dammit!), the fact that Vis, softspoken lunchpale superstar that he is, has just as unexpectedly emerged to anchor a defense that seemed destined to be its team's downfall, kind of warms my heart.

I lost track of him a bit after the trade to Edmonton, but when he was a King, I, like many of you, knew him as an all-around stalwart as opposed to the purely offensive-minded guy that he was often reputed to be--a guy who was gritty, took care of business in his own end first and foremost and gave it his all every game.

Deserving or not, he won't get the Norris talk Lebrun's calling for. However, it is nice to see someone taking notice of his efforts, even if it's only in a lowly web feature.

Last edited by kingsfan25: 03-11-2011 at 02:05 PM.
kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 02:01 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Kewkies?

And **** the ducks

Last edited by DAkings20: 03-11-2011 at 02:18 PM.
DAkings20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

One of the underrated star players in the NHL. Has been one of the best defenseman in the NHL this season.

I miss him on this team.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 02:22 PM
johnjm22

I still love Lubo, I hope he wins it.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 02:30 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

I'm probably in the minority, but I like Bobby Ryan too. For the simple fact that he is American.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I still love Lubo, I hope he wins it.
Agree.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 02:45 PM
ZJames

Nope, no ducks. Not even Lubo. sorry.

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 03:05 PM
reset
Puck Luck

sorry lubo

reset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 03:41 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

... Of course I'm happy for Visnovsky. He was wrongly done here, as so many have been over the years, and I'm glad to see him succeed - even if it IS in Anaheim.

If we're talking a pure talent-for-talent exchange, I'll never say that the trade for Stoll and Greene wasn't a good one, and I appreciate what those two guys bring to the team now.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... Of course I'm happy for Visnovsky. He was wrongly done here, as so many have been over the years
He was playing some bad hockey the season he was traded. I have a feeling that this has been forgotten completely. The same way we are supposed to talk only nice things about relatives who have passed away.

The trade was business and in my opinion a good business decision. The trade made perfect sense considering Kings situation at that time and it took skills and balls to execute it. If by "wrongly done" you think about the coach, well yeah, just like everyone else on the team not named Blake.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Jebus
That boulder?

I would be happy for Lubo if he won the Norris. If this is the year we're not talking about Lidstrom, Chara, Pronger, Weber etc. then yeah, I think Lubo should win it over guys like Yandle, Byfuglien and Letang. But I think Lidstrom is putting up enough points this year to probably take it.

Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
cool

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 04:36 PM
TruKingFan
Two-Time Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
One of the underrated star players in the NHL. Has been one of the best defenseman in the NHL this season.

I miss him on this team.
underrated star player? Are you ********ing kidding me? The only reason he stands out with the Quacks because there's no other.

TruKingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruKingFan View Post
underrated star player? Are you ********ing kidding me? The only reason he stands out with the Quacks because there's no other.
No other what?

Star player? Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan and Selanne say hi.

Star defenseman? Maybe not yet but Fowler is on his way and Sbisa is solid to. And Lydman is an excellent defensive d-man.

Why is it so hard to give the guy credit. Once he catches Yandle in GP he will be the leading scoring d-man in the NHL and is a plus player on a team that overall is a minus.

Give the guy some credit, he is a star player, period.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 04:56 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Lidstrom or Letang, Lidstrom wins because...well he's Lidstrom. Lubo has no shot, strictly my opinion.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 05:35 PM
William H Bonney

Lubo is the only non-American Duck that I root for so I'm glad he's having a great year. I wouldn't give him the Norris though. He's just getting a bunch of hype because of his recent hot streak. He's up there though but I definitely prefer both Lidstrom and Yandle to him this year as of right now.

03-12-2011, 03:34 AM
northernKing

Pierre Lebrun has always been a big fan of Lubo and its easy to see why. The guy seems to only be noticed by the more astute hockey fans for his two way game. Look at the defence partners/pairing the other top Dmen have and you see that Lubo is doing great. He is tied for the NHL lead in points by a dman with 55 and his
+10 is tied with Letang and Weber for the best plus/minus by dman in the top 10 scoring. Lidstrom is a -1! Lubo reminds me of a Zubov type who never really got much credit for his two way game and was only seen by many as an offensive dman with a big shot.

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 09:11 AM
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings

As deserving as every year probably.
You'd think the people in charge would notice as well... lets not forget Mike Green was a nominee. Add to that the fact that Lubo is good on D as well as O he should be a contender.

JPFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 01:56 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

You can't help but love Lubo. One of the most underrated players, I'd love to see this guy get a norris and maybe a cup in the twilight years. It kills me to see him in a Ducks uniform, hopefully he'll go somewhere else.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote