HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

If the Coyotes move to Winnipeg...

Old
03-13-2011, 02:38 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

vCash: 500
I can see Bryz walking away, Winnipeg would be thrilled to bring Cory Schneider back, fan fave for the Moose, probably sold the most Jerseys for the Moose franchise, sold about 10,000 Schneider jerseys, I see Yandle signing a huge contract. But I can for sure see Schneider coming back. the Coyotes not wanting to leave retire/go near by.

Jovo

for

Weiss

But Phoenix will get an AHL/ECHL team and Doan will probably do that or just Move with the team or go near by

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 02:46 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
I have no idea what the Yotes would want for Doan, but if he was available I would expect he'd be Lombardi's number one target. He is a DL type player, and a King killer! We need him on our team so he stops hurting us on the scoresheet!
A goalie, preferably. We won't have one in this scenario. Doan for Bernier? Obviously not that simple, but something based around that idea?

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 02:51 PM
RE-HABS

These players would rather stay in the desert where the team is losing millions because of the "ideal" location...NHLPA should tell those boys they wouldn't be millionaires if it wasn't for the owners paying their cheque!

Just show up and play. If guys can live in places like Edmonton, Detroit, Washington (later two based on the crime) and other none glamourous areas you can live in Winnipeg for 7-8 months of the year too.

I think all Pro athletes are forgetting how fortunate they have it. You want to pick and chose where you want to go...pay your dues and wait till UFA status.

And why would Bryzgalov be so fussy???

Russia isn't to exciting or glamourous to live in, give me a break.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 03:03 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Bryzgalov and Jovanovski are the only ones who will be leaving and only because they'll be UFAs.

At the draft:

To Minnesota: Ed Jovanovski (rights)
To Winnipeg: Cam Barker

-Barker gets a fresh start with his hometown team and Minnesota gets a chance to negotiate with Jovanovski before he hits the market. I'm using the Hamhuis-for-Parent trade last year as a comparison, except that both Jovanovski and Barker are better than Hamhuis and Parent, respectfully.

To Washington: Ilya Bryzgalov (rights) and Viktor Tikhonov
To Winnipeg: Brooks Laich (rights) and Michal Neuvirth

-Each team gets the chance to sign the other team's UFA and if neither do, it becomes a prospects trade of Tikhonov for Neuvirth

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
Bryzgalov and Jovanovski are the only ones who will be leaving and only because they'll be UFAs.

At the draft:

To Minnesota: Ed Jovanovski (rights)
To Winnipeg: Cam Barker

-Barker gets a fresh start with his hometown team and Minnesota gets a chance to negotiate with Jovanovski before he hits the market. I'm using the Hamhuis-for-Parent trade last year as a comparison, except that both Jovanovski and Barker are better than Hamhuis and Parent, respectfully.

To Washington: Ilya Bryzgalov (rights) and Viktor Tikhonov
To Winnipeg: Brooks Laich (rights) and Michal Neuvirth

-Each team gets the chance to sign the other team's UFA and if neither do, it becomes a prospects trade of Tikhonov for Neuvirth
Why would the Jets/Coyotes degrade there defense bringing in Barker and his contract?

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
A goalie, preferably. We won't have one in this scenario. Doan for Bernier? Obviously not that simple, but something based around that idea?
What about something based around Cory Schneider for Doan? Would obviously require Doan waiving his NTC to come to Vancouver but Doan is the type of player Vancouver could use in their top 6.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 06:31 PM
wilty00

I've always wondered what kind of player reaction we'd see if the Jets came back to Winnipeg, especially with the pampering complex that alot of players (not just in the NHL, see 'Bron 'Bron etc.) have started to adopt these days. It would not suprise me to see Winnipeg have a similar problem that Edmonton has in attracting top tier players because while it is a beautiful city (I lived there for 18 years), it is indeed cold as **** in the Winter and if you weren't born there I could see why some would fail to see the charm in it.

It could be a very real problem.

wilty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 06:39 PM
nix at home

Listening to Drew Remenda last night during the Sharks game, someone asked if he thought the Yotes were heading back to Winnipeg. His responce was no, but the Thrashers... Maybe.

Take it for what it's worth, but the man does know more about what's happening around the league then most people on this board (though apparently, not how to coach...).

Also, if that is the case, I doubt they could retain the Jets name, since Phoenix retains the rights (and Jet's gear is still the top selling franchise gear in Winnipeg.) It would be a hefty price to get that off their hands.

nix at home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
I can see Bryz walking away, Winnipeg would be thrilled to bring Cory Schneider back, fan fave for the Moose, probably sold the most Jerseys for the Moose franchise, sold about 10,000 Schneider jerseys, I see Yandle signing a huge contract. But I can for sure see Schneider coming back. the Coyotes not wanting to leave retire/go near by.

Jovo

for

Weiss

But Phoenix will get an AHL/ECHL team and Doan will probably do that or just Move with the team or go near by
WIN would be geniuses to bring back Scheider. It'd suck to move him inside the division but that would be a great move on their part.

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 08:01 PM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Doan said earlier in the season (quoted in a previous thread) that if Phoenix was moved, he'd ask for a trade. The guy loves Phoenix and has lived there since 1996. Why would he go to Winnipeg? He doesn't want to move North.

The Brewmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 08:04 PM
NJD1982

What is the price of Yandle to the Devils?

NJD1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 08:13 PM
LeafsandSharksfan
Founder of NGA

Doan to Vancouver for Schneider + 4th
Rights to Yandle to SJ for Setoguchi, Huskins, and a 2nd
Whitney to Montreal for a 3rd

Move to Winnepeg, rebuild

LeafsandSharksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 08:16 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
I said "winter" and not "snow". I know there's a difference. It snows in lots of places but I don't think the NHL would survive there for long.

As for the Jays you may want to look at a map. Toronto is as far south as American markets like Minnesota and Seattle.
Except they are in the US and baseball is America's past time.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
What about Doan for Zatkoff and a pick?

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 08:28 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Jovo is not a factor in this equation. His walking papers were signed when the Coyotes acquired Klesla. We have Morris, Rozsival, Aucoin, Klesla, and OEL signed for next season. Yandle isn't going to be traded and we'll match any offer sheet. That's six D.

Old
03-13-2011, 08:51 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmondsSensation View Post
What about Doan for Zatkoff and a pick?
We have goalie prospects. We had Visentin and Domingue rated one and two in the last draft(seriously) and you can knock that all you want but the guys who call the shots for our organization believe it. What we would need, if we left and Bryzgalov took off, would be a goalie that can start next season and win games for us.

Old
03-13-2011, 08:52 PM
None Shall Pass
Cory Stops All

Quote:
Originally Posted by nix at home View Post
Listening to Drew Remenda last night during the Sharks game, someone asked if he thought the Yotes were heading back to Winnipeg. His responce was no, but the Thrashers... Maybe.

Take it for what it's worth, but the man does know more about what's happening around the league then most people on this board (though apparently, not how to coach...).
Which is funny, because Atlanta has three local offers for purchase.

None Shall Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 09:12 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
What about something based around Cory Schneider for Doan? Would obviously require Doan waiving his NTC to come to Vancouver but Doan is the type of player Vancouver could use in their top 6.
The ONLY reason Doan would demand a trade would be to avoid uprooting his family. That means living in LA or Dallas and flying home every chance he gets. No reason to ask for a trade to Vancouver. He'd just go to Winnipeg.

A three way trade in which Doan goes to socal or dtown and Schneider heads to Phoenix, while a substantial piece goes to Vancouver would work.

Old
03-13-2011, 09:17 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJD1982 View Post
What is the price of Yandle to the Devils?
What are you willing to add to Parise?

Yandle never should've been included in this thread. He's RFA NOT UFA and Phoenix would just match any offer sheet. He's got zero leverage. If the Coyotes relocate to Canada, Yandle better buy a ****ing parka because he's got no choice.

Old
03-13-2011, 09:19 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
The ONLY reason Doan would demand a trade would be to avoid uprooting his family. That means living in LA or Dallas and flying home every chance he gets. No reason to ask for a trade to Vancouver. He'd just go to Winnipeg.
Fair enough.

Quote:
A three way trade in which Doan goes to socal or dtown and Schneider heads to Phoenix, while a substantial piece goes to Vancouver would work.
I guess it depends on what the piece coming back to Vancouver would be, but I doubt it would be someone with the type of impact Doan would have, and I think that's the type of player it would take for the Cancuks to move Schneider inside the division(assuming Winnipeg would be moved into the Northwest and Colorado to the Pacific).

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 09:24 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Can we at least wait to when, and if, the team is actually moved?

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 09:24 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Players unproven at the NHL level rarely bring back as much in trade as people on these boards hope they will. Honestly we have enough evidence ovwr the last five years that its time for fans to catch their perceptions up with reality.

Old
03-13-2011, 09:25 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Some insane overrating of Schneider's value in this thread.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino View Post

Jovo

for

Weiss

No seriously, what would they trade Jovo for?

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 09:41 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilty00 View Post
I've always wondered what kind of player reaction we'd see if the Jets came back to Winnipeg, especially with the pampering complex that alot of players (not just in the NHL, see 'Bron 'Bron etc.) have started to adopt these days. It would not suprise me to see Winnipeg have a similar problem that Edmonton has in attracting top tier players because while it is a beautiful city (I lived there for 18 years), it is indeed cold as **** in the Winter and if you weren't born there I could see why some would fail to see the charm in it.

It could be a very real problem.
How often do we hear about players, especially in relation to the Leafs "He's a Canadian boy he has to be dying to play for his hometown team, probably will take less money to do so too." and then he signs in the Pacific Division.

There's a special place in my heart for the first guy that slips up and says "Hell no I don't want to go back to that ****hole! I spent my whole life trying to get out of there and you want me to go back to my hanger on relatives? I'd rather play golf year round and not have the media 3 feet up my colon if I'm -1 in a January game."

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote