HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Cap Permutations for Next Season's D Corps

Old
03-16-2011, 05:24 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyatt4God View Post
That is just picking random players though. It is not the consequence of what I am proposing. The defense budget under my idea is the same as this year and the cap is going up.
I didn't pick random players. The deal is made up of

a) a deal you proposed around Edler, a 1st and Coho/Schroeder.

b) Malhotra, Torres, Lappy, Higgins where the last 4 players added to the team to finish it. Adding those players can't happen if we had a $6.5m Weber on the team.

c) The players grouped with Weber are the best we have that could have filled in those missing spots on $650k or less contract.

Weber is addable but it would come at a pretty hefty cost to depth somewhere else. In this case Edler at $3.25m for another 2 years is a huge plus for this team. Keeping Edler allows us to add more depth in our weakest areas and he's not that far from Weber that's its worth losing that depth. If the plan is add Weber then keeping Edler is even more important as it frees up capspace to make that move for Weber.

Last edited by me2: 03-16-2011 at 05:31 PM.
me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 07:01 PM
rye&ginger

vCash: 500
Bieksa I only re-sign at $3.5m or less. He has played better this year but not better than Ehrhoff. He gets more ice time because he is right handed and Salo who is also a righty was out for so long.

The 'hoff has to stay. He is a major contributor to the PP. Yes he gives up the puck sometimes, but puck possesion d-men do that. Bieksa plays a safer game and is not capable of running a PP. We have tried that with pretty much the current roster.

rye&ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 07:50 PM
monster_bertuzzi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rye&ginger View Post
Bieksa I only re-sign at $3.5m or less. He has played better this year but not better than Ehrhoff. He gets more ice time because he is right handed and Salo who is also a righty was out for so long.

The 'hoff has to stay. He is a major contributor to the PP. Yes he gives up the puck sometimes, but puck possesion d-men do that. Bieksa plays a safer game and is not capable of running a PP. We have tried that with pretty much the current roster.
And isn't it funny that nobody was *****ing about Hof's ''giveaways'' when Edler was in the lineup. With the back end being decimated of course Ehrhoff was going to be noticed in a bad way more often.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote