HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stat trends since the New Year

Old
03-15-2011, 02:04 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
so you wanna tell me that pommers is the reason of Vaneks production?

The reason why vanek is a ppg player at the moment is that he doesn`t have to play with roy right now. He has gotten the puck more and vanek has created more offense for himslef.and his linemates.

Vanek carries vanek since january. Don't tell me that pommers carries vanek because thats just not true.
I don't think Josh is saying Pominville has carried Vanek, he's saying that playing with Pominville has helped Vanek, which I think would be hard to argue against. Having a solid winger like Pominville on his line that doesn't need the puck all the time (i.e. Vanek can have the puck more) has been great for Vanek to step up and control the game more. Vanek's success hasn't been solely because of Pominville, but it certainly has helped.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 05:07 PM
MyersMagic57*

So was anyone expecting everyone to play better when Roy when down with injury?

I said this before and I will say it again, Vanek is on his game without Roy.

Ennis-Roy-Stafford
Vanek-Boyes-Pommer

Next year?

I think You have to give Vanek the puck more for him to produce and Roy usually controls the puck way more on Vanek's line so why not split them up and get two solid lines with a player who can be dangerous in the pass zone. Boyes also proves that he can so far finish pretty well in front of the net so if Vanek keeps up his dangerous passing he has been having lately and has someone finish for him I think that would be a solid top 6 next year

MyersMagic57* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Luceni

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
I don't think Josh is saying Pominville has carried Vanek, he's saying that playing with Pominville has helped Vanek, which I think would be hard to argue against. Having a solid winger like Pominville on his line that doesn't need the puck all the time (i.e. Vanek can have the puck more) has been great for Vanek to step up and control the game more. Vanek's success hasn't been solely because of Pominville, but it certainly has helped.
So you're both trying to make a point with my statement here.

You're saying that vanek has the puck more now. So he can't do that when roy is on his line because roy has the puck the most time when he is on ice.

So it helps vaneks point-production more when roy is out. And that has nothing to do with pommers imo.

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote