HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Toronto FC 2013 Discussion Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-10-2013, 07:08 PM
  #901
LeafsTFC
Registered User
 
LeafsTFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Annex
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winreims View Post
Why can't this team ever go out and bring in a coach who has legitimate MLS coaching experience?
Oh like Mariner?

LeafsTFC is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 08:13 PM
  #902
AndMat*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
David Rowaan (soccercanada) on Twitter
Ordinary Orange Fan ‏@OrangeFanBlog

Another Honduran paper continuing to link the Dynamo (and Toronto FC) with Alex Lopez. Quick update to follow.
Retweeted by David Rowaan
Expand


Last edited by AndMat*: 01-10-2013 at 08:19 PM.
AndMat* is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 08:16 PM
  #903
Morlesio14*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The 416
Country: North Korea
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMat View Post
David Rowaan (soccercanada) on Twitter
Ordinary Orange Fan ‏@OrangeFanBlog

Another Honduran paper continuing to link the Dynamo (and Toronto FC) with Alex Lopez. Quick update to follow.
Retweeted by David Rowaan
Expand
Cool. Would love to have him.

Morlesio14* is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 08:20 PM
  #904
AndMat*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Morlesio14 any info you can tell me on David Rowaan?

AndMat* is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 08:27 PM
  #905
Morlesio14*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The 416
Country: North Korea
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMat View Post
Morlesio14 any info you can tell me on David Rowaan?
Don't know much about him. He may work for sports net.

Morlesio14* is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 08:33 PM
  #906
AndMat*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
Don't know much about him. He may work for sports net.
kk.... Also now we know not to believe the Honduras media.

AndMat* is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 07:12 AM
  #907
Morlesio14*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The 416
Country: North Korea
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMat View Post
kk.... Also now we know not to believe the Honduras media.
True, honestly Id like to let go of Koevermans and Frings. Frees up 2 dp spots and 2 international spots.

Morlesio14* is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 08:50 AM
  #908
AndMat*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
True, honestly Id like to let go of Koevermans and Frings. Frees up 2 dp spots and 2 international spots.
All 3 of are International spots are gone after this year, I do not mind starting the season with fringe and Koevermans, We owe fringe that.


Last edited by AndMat*: 01-11-2013 at 08:56 AM.
AndMat* is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 02:56 PM
  #909
Morlesio14*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The 416
Country: North Korea
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMat View Post
All 3 of are International spots are gone after this year, I do not mind starting the season with fringe and Koevermans, We owe fringe that.
Kk sounds good. I don't think this year we'll be too good. But we won't be last place. Next offseason will be a fun one. Here's what we've improved on this offseason.

Callif at CB
Eckersley moves back to RB
More depth at striker.

What we still need to do

A good LM and RM
A good CAM
A good quick striker (not amarikwa)

Morlesio14* is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 03:36 PM
  #910
AndMat*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
Kk sounds good. I don't think this year we'll be too good. But we won't be last place. Next offseason will be a fun one. Here's what we've improved on this offseason.

Callif at CB
Eckersley moves back to RB
More depth at striker.

What we still need to do

A good LM and RM
A good CAM
A good quick striker (not amarikwa)
We also got a lot of Depth at D, + the draft another 2 young Defenders.

AndMat* is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 03:42 PM
  #911
AndMat*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
1 day ago – The 2013 MLS SuperDraft presented by adidas is one week away (Thursday, Jan. 17, at noon ET)

Kyle Bekker is a guy i would not mind drafting hes Canadian, better then Dunfield


Last edited by AndMat*: 01-11-2013 at 03:50 PM.
AndMat* is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 06:31 PM
  #912
Morlesio14*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The 416
Country: North Korea
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMat* View Post
We also got a lot of Depth at D, + the draft another 2 young Defenders.
Nooooo, trade the picks. Were set at the back and the 2 guys we were going to get are CBs. We could trade down for Bekker. We could get some good stuff back.

Morlesio14* is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 04:19 PM
  #913
mpleafan
Registered User
 
mpleafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 906
vCash: 500
surprised no one posted this

@theScore: Forward Eric Hassli has requested a trade from Toronto FC. http://t.co/qIsP2jy6

what to do now??

mpleafan is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 04:51 PM
  #914
Winreims
Registered User
 
Winreims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpleafan View Post
surprised no one posted this

@theScore: Forward Eric Hassli has requested a trade from Toronto FC. http://t.co/qIsP2jy6

what to do now??


The sports teams in this city CANNOT win. My God...

Winreims is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 05:13 PM
  #915
Morlesio14*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The 416
Country: North Korea
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpleafan View Post
surprised no one posted this

@theScore: Forward Eric Hassli has requested a trade from Toronto FC. http://t.co/qIsP2jy6

what to do now??
Trade em', free's up cap space. Free's up DP spot. Frees up inter spot. Draft zavaleta. Sign a beast DP

Morlesio14* is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 05:42 PM
  #916
Winreims
Registered User
 
Winreims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsTFC View Post
Oh like Mariner?
I was never a fan of Mariner and he never had head coaching experience in MLS. That's what I meant when I said legitimate coaching experience.

Winreims is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 06:16 PM
  #917
mpleafan
Registered User
 
mpleafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 906
vCash: 500
@SoccerByIves: MLS Ticker: Galaxy re-sign Juninho, Toronto FC sign Julio Cesar, and more: http://t.co/dDKRMiFv

apparently we also signed Julio Cesar... but not QPR goalie Julio Cesar. So can anyone enlighten me on this Julio Cesar?

mpleafan is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 06:21 PM
  #918
donkeyy0
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpleafan View Post
@SoccerByIves: MLS Ticker: Galaxy re-sign Juninho, Toronto FC sign Julio Cesar, and more: http://t.co/dDKRMiFv

apparently we also signed Julio Cesar... but not QPR goalie Julio Cesar. So can anyone enlighten me on this Julio Cesar?
Defending midfielder. Played in the MLS for a few years...before that played in Europe, Real, Milan...a couple other teams. 34 years old.

donkeyy0 is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 12:19 AM
  #919
LeafsTFC
Registered User
 
LeafsTFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Annex
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winreims View Post
I was never a fan of Mariner and he never had head coaching experience in MLS. That's what I meant when I said legitimate coaching experience.
That's true, he did only assist in New England although that was for like 5 years. That was the line when he came here - that we were getting someone with legit MLS experience. Also Preki came here after coaching at Chivas for 3 years. I just want someone competent. Preferably, but not necessarily from MLS.

LeafsTFC is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 01:38 AM
  #920
Winreims
Registered User
 
Winreims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsTFC View Post
That's true, he did only assist in New England although that was for like 5 years. That was the line when he came here - that we were getting someone with legit MLS experience. Also Preki came here after coaching at Chivas for 3 years. I just want someone competent. Preferably, but not necessarily from MLS.
I was actually a fan of Preki's work as TFC head coach, and thought he should've been given more time. He didn't even last the whole season if I'm remembering correctly.

Winreims is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 04:56 PM
  #921
mpleafan
Registered User
 
mpleafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 906
vCash: 500
@torontofc: #TorontoFC trades top #SuperDraft pick to @NERevolution for fourth overall & allocation money: http://t.co/YtvolTuS .. #TFC

mpleafan is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 05:04 PM
  #922
Vexxed14
Registered User
 
Vexxed14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Barrie, Ont
Posts: 4,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpleafan View Post
@torontofc: #TorontoFC trades top #SuperDraft pick to @NERevolution for fourth overall & allocation money: http://t.co/YtvolTuS .. #TFC
He says the guy(s) we want can be had at #3 and #4. Which, if true, makes this a good deal

Vexxed14 is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 05:33 PM
  #923
TMLeafer
Moderator
______________
 
TMLeafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hockey Mecca, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,641
vCash: 500
Season opener in Vancouver .. right now... TSN is still on curling

TMLeafer is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 05:46 PM
  #924
Brody
Registered User
 
Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,443
vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafer View Post
Season opener in Vancouver .. right now... TSN is still on curling
Is it on yet?

Brody is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 05:48 PM
  #925
Brody
Registered User
 
Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,443
vCash: 560
Almost had a goal there, needed some more on that shot.

Brody is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.