HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Parise to Ottawa

Old
03-15-2011, 01:09 AM
kiwidevil

vCash: 500
It's very obvious Karlson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Parise.

I'm sure every GM in the league would agree.

kiwidevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 01:42 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezz101 View Post
ZP has hardly played this year and is coming off a major injury that would likely lower his value abit IMO if ottawa wants him sign him as a RFA and low ball him and hopefully all we will loose is a1st 2nd and 3rd
Go ahead and low ball him. See what happens. Even if he signs an offer to sign for low money with a rebuilding team (not bloody likely), Lou would match so fast that the ink wouldn't be dry on the offer sheet.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 09:19 AM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Won't happen.

If Parise's going to OTT, I want your 1st rounder coming back.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 09:34 AM
wilfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils3034 View Post
Won't happen.

If Parise's going to OTT, I want your 1st rounder coming back.
Ott certainly would not give up Karlsson and our 1st(if that is what it would take I think Ott would be out). I think it would be either Karlsson or our 1st going, in that case I would think you would rather a young established player instead of a pick.

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 09:38 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Hey at least it's better than the Leafs proposal which I'm sure will delight the sens fans.

Unfortunately Parise is the best bang for buck player in the league (90pts 3.125million per), he plays both centre and left wing, and was a captain for a silver medal olympic team at 25 years of age.

Karlsson: Young defenceman who will CERTAINLY _BE_ good, but at this point is not worth Parise alone

It's like hiring somebody to a career post (lawyer, doctor, whatever) because he finished top of his class (but really not even lol) in school instead of the guy who's been widely recognized as one of the top in his field for 4+ years and already has the experience to jump right in. Parise's resume is just better; don't understand how that's difficult to comprehend.

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

I don't mind the value from Ottawa's point of view but during the rebuild I'd prefer to build through our own picks and prospects. For the Sens fans saying Parise has low value you need to realise the Devils don't want to trade Parise, they don't have to trade him, they have the cap room to re-sign him so it's going to take overpayment to get him out of New Jersey.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 09:48 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
I don't mind the value from Ottawa's point of view but during the rebuild I'd prefer to build through our own picks and prospects. For the Sens fans saying Parise has low value you need to realise the Devils don't want to trade Parise, they don't have to trade him, they have the cap room to re-sign him so it's going to take overpayment to get him out of New Jersey.
What is this sane commentary? Isn't this a bannable offence in these threads?

Old
03-15-2011, 09:52 AM
alpine4life

Sorry to fellow Sens fans that would like to acquire Zach Parise, I dont think its worth it. That deal would put to big of a mortgage on our future.

I believe to land Parise in Ottawa we would need to send back Karlsson, our 1st (2nd ovl so far) + 1 young prospect player on our team right now. That would be to high of a price to pay for a team that is facing a complete rebuild.

We have to be patient, the next 3-4 lottery pick that we'll get will pay on the long run

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 10:09 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Hey at least it's better than the Leafs proposal which I'm sure will delight the sens fans.

Unfortunately Parise is the best bang for buck player in the league (90pts 3.125million per), he plays both centre and left wing, and was a captain for a silver medal olympic team at 25 years of age.

Karlsson: Young defenceman who will CERTAINLY _BE_ good, but at this point is not worth Parise alone

It's like hiring somebody to a career post (lawyer, doctor, whatever) because he finished top of his class (but really not even lol) in school instead of the guy who's been widely recognized as one of the top in his field for 4+ years and already has the experience to jump right in. Parise's resume is just better; don't understand how that's difficult to comprehend.
As good as Parise is (I've been a fan ever since his draft year), he won't be the best 'bang for your buck' player the way you described anymore. He won't be making anything close to 3.125 on his next contract, it will be much more than double that.

I think any team that wants him is better served offer sheeting him rather than giving up the players that NJ would want to trade him. And to offer sheet him to an offer that NJ wouldn't match would definitely be 4 first rounders, and for a team like the Sens, who are rebuilding, those picks will be high enough that it would be overpayment. So unless a team like LA offer sheets him, its not worth it for a team to do it, certainly not a rebuilding team. And no, this is not a commentary on Parise's ability, he is definitely an excellent player.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 10:15 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
As good as Parise is (I've been a fan ever since his draft year), he won't be the best 'bang for your buck' player the way you described anymore. He won't be making anything close to 3.125 on his next contract, it will be much more than double that.

I think any team that wants him is better served offer sheeting him rather than giving up the players that NJ would want to trade him. And to offer sheet him to an offer that NJ wouldn't match would definitely be 4 first rounders, and for a team like the Sens, who are rebuilding, those picks will be high enough that it would be overpayment. So unless a team like LA offer sheets him, its not worth it for a team to do it, certainly not a rebuilding team. And no, this is not a commentary on Parise's ability, he is definitely an excellent player.
It's definetly retarded for the Sens to offer sheet him, not disregarding that. That's why I think there are better trade partners, but I'm now realizing I think I wrote that bit in the leafs thread.

Old
03-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
I actually might make a Parise for Karlsson and Ottawa's 1st trade. Depends on where the 1st is, I guess.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Karlsson is good, but not good enough to be the bulk of the return for Parise. And I'd really rather avoid trading a core player for futures, even if it's a very good futures asset like a lottery pick.

Old
03-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
Parise is extremely overrated if you think he is worth Karlsson + Ottawa's 1st plus. Nevermind he has played 12 games and scored 6 pts this year.

Karlsson alone putting up 65 pts could have as much or more value than him by next year.

Plus Parise will be 27. Even if he was coming of a 90 pts season, I would not make that type of offer for him this summer, nevermind playing 12 games and scoring 6 pts.

For a rebuilding team to trade a way a 20 year old all-star 50 pt dman, a top lottery pick, plus for a 27 year old coming off injury plagued season is IDIOTIC.

Offer sheet him if you want him that bad and risk the draft picks.

You don't even get that much return for star players at the top of their game now a days. Heck, that would be way better return than Ottawa got from an idiotic Milbury for a 26 year old Yashin coming of a 44 goals 90 pts season in the dead puck era NHL and a hart trophy runner up. 21 year old Zdeno Chara was tough of as a fighter and maybe a future decent dman in the NHL if he can figure out how to skate first.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 12:46 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Karlsson is good, but not good enough to be the bulk of the return for Parise. And I'd really rather avoid trading a core player for futures, even if it's a very good futures asset like a lottery pick.
Not good enough? A 20-year old defenceman, playing in his first full NHL season, on pace for something like 46 points on the 2nd-worst team in the league, playing with a bunch of AHLers, and is on an ELC, and does all this even though he is undersized, is not good enough to be the bulk of a return for a player who, while very good, is several years older, will be MUCH more expensive, isn't signed beyond this year (RFA), and has spent most of this season injured?

You are NOT getting BOTH our first and Karlsson for Parise.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Not good enough? A 20-year old defenceman, playing in his first full NHL season, on pace for something like 46 points on the 2nd-worst team in the league, playing with a bunch of AHLers, and is on an ELC, and does all this even though he is undersized, is not good enough to be the bulk of a return for a player who, while very good, is several years older, will be MUCH more expensive, isn't signed beyond this year (RFA), and has spent most of this season injured?

That's what it would take to get Parise.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:

no problem, you arent getting Parise then. plain and simple.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:

Fine. Keep them. Pretty much every Devils fan wants to keep Parise anyway, and Lou will make sure of it this summer.

Old
03-15-2011, 01:02 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
Parise is extremely overrated if you think he is worth Karlsson + Ottawa's 1st plus. Nevermind he has played 12 games and scored 6 pts this year.

Karlsson alone putting up 65 pts could have as much or more value than him by next year.

Plus Parise will be 27. Even if he was coming of a 90 pts season, I would not make that type of offer for him this summer, nevermind playing 12 games and scoring 6 pts.

For a rebuilding team to trade a way a 20 year old all-star 50 pt dman, a top lottery pick, plus for a 27 year old coming off injury plagued season is IDIOTIC.

Offer sheet him if you want him that bad and risk the draft picks.

You don't even get that much return for star players at the top of their game now a days. Heck, that would be way better return than Ottawa got from an idiotic Milbury for a 26 year old Yashin coming of a 44 goals 90 pts season in the dead puck era NHL and a hart trophy runner up. 21 year old Zdeno Chara was tough of as a fighter and maybe a future decent dman in the NHL if he can figure out how to skate first.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 01:39 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
I'm only quoting you because I love that gif so much!

Did you see Stevens breath out intimidation????

JimEIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
I'm only quoting you because I love that gif so much!
What about me

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 01:45 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
What about me
That goes without saying....You must know I got nothin but love for you!

Old
03-15-2011, 02:01 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

If you've followed the Toronto conversations at all, there's no reason why Ottawa couldn't force the same issue of an offersheet and/or a frontloaded contract and see what panned out. However, unless Ottawa is looking to do a fast turnaround I don't see this benefiting them. IMO, Toronto is in a different situation because they have such pressure to win and picks means so much less to them as Burke has already shown a willingness to move them to acquire players like Kessel.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 02:10 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

You're making the assumption that Parise makes it to July 1 without a contract. That's a pretty big assumption, and I'm not convinced it is valid.

Old
03-15-2011, 02:26 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
If you've followed the Toronto conversations at all, there's no reason why Ottawa couldn't force the same issue of an offersheet and/or a frontloaded contract and see what panned out. However, unless Ottawa is looking to do a fast turnaround I don't see this benefiting them. IMO, Toronto is in a different situation because they have such pressure to win and picks means so much less to them as Burke has already shown a willingness to move them to acquire players like Kessel.
You realize there is NO SUCH thing as a front loaded contract anymore right???

The league and the NHLPA agreed that contracts like Pronger, Luongo,Hossa, Savard and Kovalchuk would be no-more.

Kovalchuk was the last contract of its kind...That is it....That is over.

Old
03-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

I honestly can not think of a recent time when a marquee player on a contending team was traded for future impact...

Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote