HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Parise to Ottawa

Old
03-15-2011, 02:26 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

vCash: 500
I say no as a Devils fan and believe Parise says no as a player that's wants to win. Nothing against the Sens, but Zach won't resign with a rebuilding team.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 02:28 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
I say no as a Devils fan and believe Parise says no as a player that's wants to win. Nothing against the Sens, but Zach won't resign with a rebuilding team.
so he wont re-sign with the devils

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Gil Gunderson

vCash: 1967
We aren't in a position to sign a high level RFA. Way too risky.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
so he wont re-sign with the devils
The Devils just hit a bump in the road and they are rebuilding, on the fly. Josefson, Tedenby, Palimeri and Fayne are 4 rookies in their line-up that get better with every game. If I'm Zach, I rather stay with the team that drafted me and the organization I'm familiar with, instead of going somewhere else. I would think he has to be impressed with the Devils run.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Bileur

I don't know about Parise's value but that Stevens gif is hilarious.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Afro Thunder*

Devil fans sound exactly like Sens fans when there are Spezza offers.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 04:02 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
That's what it would take to get Parise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
no problem, you arent getting Parise then. plain and simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Fine. Keep them. Pretty much every Devils fan wants to keep Parise anyway, and Lou will make sure of it this summer.
The fact of the matter is, if the Sens (who have gobs and GOBS of cap space now) or any other team offer sheet him for something ridiculous, like 9+ mill per season, there is very little that NJ can do to keep him. Their cap situation isn't as bad as some people think, but they can't absorb a raise like that. That said, I think it would be stupid for the Sens to do that. We need to suck for a couple more years to properly rebuild.

Last edited by internetdotcom: 03-16-2011 at 01:28 PM.
internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 04:04 PM
wilfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
You might be right I am not sure, but it would stand to reason that Parise might want to stay in the US is he is moved. However if NJ does consider moving him there are many reasons Ottawa might make sense:

1. Karlsson- With Ottawa's depth at young puck moving d-man we might be able to afford trading him. If you have seen what good young puck moving d-man have been traded for lately(Johnson and Goligoski), and IMO NJ does have a need for such a player.

2. Spezza- Playing on Spezza's wing might be a good reason to sign with Ottawa, those 2 would be deadly.

3. Adding Parise(?), Anderson(seems to be interested), Healthy Spezza and Alfy IMO Ottawa would be a playoff team, not a top team but a very young 6-8 seed team with lots of cap space.

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
Devil fans sound exactly like Sens fans when there are Spezza offers.
Spezza is under contract. Parise is not after this season.

Parise played few games and had injury issues. I'm not confident trading two key pieces of our future (Karlsson, our 1st) for Parise at this juncture, especially with him unsigned.

That said, I agree completely the Devils have no reason to trade him for $0.50 on the dollar, but I think Karlsson is being underrated by Devils faithful.

Anyway, it's not going to happen. If we want Parise, we'll try the Offer Sheet.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
The fact of the matter is, if the Sens (who have gobs and GOBAS of cap space now) or any other team offer sheet him for something ridiculous, like 9+ mill per season, there is very little that NJ can do to keep him. Their cap situation isn't as bad as some people think, but they can't absorb a raise like that. That said, I think it would be stupid for the Sens to do that. We need to suck for a couple more years to properly rebuild.
Yes we can .

Send Clarkie to minors. Salvador is done as a Devil.

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
The fact of the matter is, if the Sens (who have gobs and GOBAS of cap space now) or any other team offer sheet him for something ridiculous, like 9+ mill per season, there is very little that NJ can do to keep him. Their cap situation isn't as bad as some people think, but they can't absorb a raise like that. That said, I think it would be stupid for the Sens to do that. We need to suck for a couple more years to properly rebuild.

you dont get it.

Lou will never let it get to the point of him hearing offersheets. if he isnt signed in time, Lou will file for arbitration

boom, problem solved.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 04:55 PM
kyle747

Parise isn't going to get a Karlsson in return.

Karlsson will score 50 pts this year - even high skill players don't get value in trades anymore

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Stassino

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
Parise isn't going to get a Karlsson in return.

Karlsson will score 50 pts this year - even high skill players don't get value in trades anymore
Yep.. Thinking Ottawa needs to pay more then Karlsson for Parise is just ridiculous.. Future superstar (EK) for a relly really good hockey player but no superstar.. I don't think so.. Homer glasses are off btw..

Karlsson will be getting 20g and 40-50 assists a year for the next 10 years....

Stassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 05:25 PM
alpine4life

Quote:

Anything below 6.0M would be fine with me but I dont wanna see anything over that

$994,433 or below = None

Over $994,433 to $1,506,716 = 3rd round pick
Over $1,506,716 to $3,013,434 = 2nd round pick
Over $3,013,434 to $4,520,150 = 1st and 3rd round pick
Over $4,520,150 to $6,026,867 = 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick
Over $6,026,867 to $7,533,584 = Two 1st's, one 2nd, one 3rd round pick
Over $7,533,584 = Four 1st round picks

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stassino View Post
Yep.. Thinking Ottawa needs to pay more then Karlsson for Parise is just ridiculous.. Future superstar (EK) for a relly really good hockey player but no superstar.. I don't think so.. Homer glasses are off btw..

Look I love EK as much as the next sens fan, but did you just call him a future superstar, while saying that Zach Parise is a "really really good player but not a superstar"? That is absurd......Parise is a top 10 forward in the game, and is 25 years old. I guess that shows what kind of short-sightedness, i.e Parise missing a year due to injury and he is no longer considered a superstar, some fans have.

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 05:56 PM
NHLNUT04
HFBoards Sponsor

You better keep Karlsson! It's hard to find D like him...

03-15-2011, 06:02 PM
BeastoftheEast85

Ok so Karlsson is the next Lidstrom, doesn't cause as many goals as he scores, and is worth 10 Parises.

Lets close this thread...

BeastoftheEast85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 06:08 PM
swiftwin
#lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
I actually might make a Parise for Karlsson and Ottawa's 1st trade. Depends on where the 1st is, I guess.
Bwahahahahahha

/thread

Lets be reality here, any kind of trade involving both of them is just silly. They are both franchise players, etc etc. Its about as silly as trying to come up with some kind of Crosby for Ovechkin trade.

swiftwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 06:28 PM
wilfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwin View Post
Bwahahahahahha

/thread

Lets be reality here, any kind of trade involving both of them is just silly. They are both franchise players, etc etc. Its about as silly as trying to come up with some kind of Crosby for Ovechkin trade.
I think that a deal Karlsson++ for Parise is very possible(not likely) and are you really sugestion a comparison Karlsson and Parise with Crosby and Ov.

My appolagies for the negative Parise comments from the Sens fans he is a great player and any team would be lucky to have him. I also think that some of the NJ fans should watch Karlsson play sometime, he is very gifted.

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Stassino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Look I love EK as much as the next sens fan, but did you just call him a future superstar, while saying that Zach Parise is a "really really good player but not a superstar"? That is absurd......Parise is a top 10 forward in the game, and is 25 years old. I guess that shows what kind of short-sightedness, i.e Parise missing a year due to injury and he is no longer considered a superstar, some fans have.
This year and his injury have nothing to do with the fact he averages 70 pts or so a year... He was not and never will be a superstar....

Stassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 06:34 PM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwin View Post
Bwahahahahahha

/thread

Any trade with Parise involved will result in silly reactions. Before Christmas there was a Parise to VAN thread and some of the the NJD fans wanted both Sedins in that trade. We all know that Parise is worth like moar!

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 06:43 PM
BeastoftheEast85

Quote:
This year and his injury have nothing to do with the fact he averages 70 pts or so a year... He was not and never will be a superstar....
So using you logic Henrik and Daniel Sedin aren't superstars...

Parise>>>>>>>>>>>>Spezza
Parise>>>>>>>>>>>>Karlson

Lou has no interest in trading with and Parise has no interest in signing with the basement of the league.

BeastoftheEast85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:

Really? because it seems like they are. to predict such a huge rise in a player is absurd, regardless of age. the fact is we've seen 2 years of Karlsson, and i'm sure he'll be a great D-man for you guys, but to say that NEXT year he'll get 20 goals and 40-50 assists on a (presumably) basement team is definitely a homer comment.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Alfieghetti
inflamed

Parise is not worth Karlsson, especially now that he's old, expensive and injury prone.

Alfieghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 07:25 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieghetti View Post
Parise is not worth Karlsson, especially now that he's old, expensive and injury prone.
I nominate this for worst post of the month. Unless you forgot the sarcasm emote, in which case I say bravo.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote