HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Parise to Ottawa

Old
03-15-2011, 08:31 PM
apice3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
If you've followed the Toronto conversations at all, there's no reason why Ottawa couldn't force the same issue of an offersheet and/or a frontloaded contract and see what panned out. However, unless Ottawa is looking to do a fast turnaround I don't see this benefiting them. IMO, Toronto is in a different situation because they have such pressure to win and picks means so much less to them as Burke has already shown a willingness to move them to acquire players like Kessel.
We don't have to follow the Toronto thread to know you're an idiot Ranger fan who is trying real hard to convince himself that Parise will be moved.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 09:32 PM
kalessin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stassino View Post
Yep.. Thinking Ottawa needs to pay more then Karlsson for Parise is just ridiculous.. Future superstar (EK) for a relly really good hockey player but no superstar.. I don't think so.. Homer glasses are off btw..

Karlsson will be getting 20g and 40-50 assists a year for the next 10 years....
Post of the year... is Karlsson gonna get to -40 this year? Sens would probably have to throw in a pick just to get the Devils to take him, let alone expecting Parise back too.

kalessin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 12:51 AM
4thliner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by starglider View Post
Post of the year... is Karlsson gonna get to -40 this year? Sens would probably have to throw in a pick just to get the Devils to take him, let alone expecting Parise back too.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 12:56 AM
hfboardsuser

Ott 1st + Rundblad + Lehner + Silfverberg.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 04:59 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
Yep.. Thinking Ottawa needs to pay more then Karlsson for Parise is just ridiculous.. Future superstar (EK) for a relly really good hockey player but no superstar.. I don't think so.. Homer glasses are off btw..

britdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 08:35 AM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:
lol? Kovy's plus-minus was just as bad earlier in the year. he's still a minus 20, is he a bad player? of course not, Karlsson has alot of promise and his plus-minus is indicative of his poor team. we as Devils fans should know this very well considering our team's first half.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 08:59 AM
tony d
Thanks for memories

Nashville's 1st, Jared Cowen, Nick Foligno and Milan Michalek is what Ottawa would offer for Zach Parise.

tony d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 09:00 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Ottawa gives up 4 of it's top-5 prospects with intact salary controlled ELC's for the right to pay Parise $7M a year? ... (a move that both removes a lot of talent from the org and impedes our ability to replace via UFA)

This is how teams wind up in the basement for a decade!

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 09:02 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
Any trade with Parise involved will result in silly reactions. Before Christmas there was a Parise to VAN thread and some of the the NJD fans wanted both Sedins in that trade. We all know that Parise is worth like moar!
Apparently you lack the sense of humour genes

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Pilgore88

Quote:
This year and his injury have nothing to do with the fact he averages 70 pts or so a year... He was not and never will be a superstar....
Since his second year, at 21, he has not gotten less then 31 goals, and 60 points, and has eclipsed the 80 point plaeau once, and the 90 point plateau once. This is over a span of 5 years. He will be a PPG, 2-way player for the forseeable future

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 10:36 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Apparently you lack the sense of humour genes
Well I did laugh.

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 11:13 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
Parise isn't going to get a Karlsson in return.

Karlsson will score 50 pts this year - even high skill players don't get value in trades anymore
That's because skill players don't get traded unless their team is forced to do so. That is not the case with Parise. The Devils want to keep him, Parise wants to stay, and the Devils have the roster and cap room to keep him comfortably. And Lou is no chump. Iffor whatever reason, he decides to trade Parise, he will get close to fair value for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
Any trade with Parise involved will result in silly reactions. Before Christmas there was a Parise to VAN thread and some of the the NJD fans wanted both Sedins in that trade. We all know that Parise is worth like moar!
That's because Devils fans have stopped taking Parise proposal threads seriously. He isn't going to be moved, but every week yet another poster decides that his team can get him for peanuts. We just don't care to hear it anymore.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:

Holy, are you serious?

Karlsson's got a shot at being one of the most desirable #2s in the league, and perhaps the most dynamic offensive Dman in the game. The stuff he was doing last night against Pittsburgh was just more signs of the ridiculous potential he has.

But Parise is one of the most desirable wingers in the game, right now.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 02:30 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Considering the abscence of the sarcasm smiley, THIS is MY nominee for worst post since the inception of HFboards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhark Attack View Post
lol? Kovy's plus-minus was just as bad earlier in the year. he's still a minus 20, is he a bad player? of course not, Karlsson has alot of promise and his plus-minus is indicative of his poor team. we as Devils fans should know this very well considering our team's first half.
Careful. Many more posts like this, and you'll get a reputation as a sensible, non-homer, reasonable poster. I applaud you, sir.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Stassino

Parise better then a healthy Spezza.. are you f'ing kidding me..

Karlsson will have to deal with at worst one more year of a rebuilding team, we will be nowhere near the basement come 2012-2013 but anyways I don't see the the value equal.. I can't see NJ ppossibly getting Karlsson for Parise.. Way too much upside and future to trade for a 27 year old whom we already have one of yet is better.

Stassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 05:17 PM
SMantzas

Quote:

Karlsson will have to deal with at worst one more year of a rebuilding team, we will be nowhere near the basement come 2012-2013 but anyways I don't see the the value equal.. I can't see NJ ppossibly getting Karlsson for Parise.. Way too much upside and future to trade for a 27 year old whom we already have one of yet is better.
Wow. I've seen it all. Spezza has an awful contract and his stats were inflated from playing with star wingers such as Heatley, Alfredsson etc. Btw, Idk if you knew this, but Parise is a LW, not a center. So who is your better 27 year old at LW? Michalek?

SMantzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

i'm not to concerned about off-sheets since it was reported that the Devils will consider taking Zach to arbitration if thery don't come to terms on a new contract by July 1st., to off-set any offer sheets.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieghetti View Post
Parise is not worth Karlsson, especially now that he's old, expensive and injury prone.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:

who are you talking about? i hope its not spezza, because thats just laughable.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 05:35 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:

Man you must plan to win the lottery every year too. Half your posts guarantee Ottawa and Karlsson will have unimpeded and unprecedented success in this league in only a years time. Meanwhile Parise who is a top 10 forward is hung out to dry because he's not a super star... in Canada.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieghetti View Post
Parise is not worth Karlsson, especially now that he's old, expensive and injury prone.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 06:15 PM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Good God No!

I like the direction Ottawa is going, let's not jeopardize it in order to do attempt a quick retooling. We'd end up in the position we're in again in the near future.

Let Jersey resign him or trade him to a team that has the assets to acquire him; Ottawa shouldn't trade it's prospects and picks at this point.

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 04:20 AM
Stassino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
who are you talking about? i hope its not spezza, because thats just laughable.
I'm saying a star first liner, regardless of position.. The only people I've ever heard say Parise is better then Spezza are in this forum..
Parise would be great to have just not at the cost of any of our young guns..

Stassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Pilgore88

Quote:
I'm saying a star first liner, regardless of position.. The only people I've ever heard say Parise is better then Spezza are in this forum..
What about last year, or two years ago, when most of the experts (Mckenzie, Dreger, etc.) were considering Parise the best forward outside of Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin. And he is a year younger then Spezza. Oh how the past seems so distant...........

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 10:49 AM
apice3*

Quote:
You do know Parise puts up more points in defensive system with minimal talent around him right? Whereas Spezza has put up less points with superstars (Heatley, Alfredsson, Hossa) in a do-what-you-feel-like doing offense.

Parise's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th highest goal scoring seasons are higher than Spezza's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th highest respectively. More game winners on a yearly basis as he's a more clutch player. Not to mention he's sitting somewhere between 8th and 13th in the Selke voting on a yearly basis. Blocks more shots, hits more guys. Better defensively by a mile. Fewer penalties taken too.

But yeah, Spezza's better for sure.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote