HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Talk Shows Le Match/Anti-Chambre, etc...

Old
04-09-2012, 11:27 PM
poetryinmotion

vCash: 500
« PK fait trop ce qu’il veut sur la glace et hors glace. » On commence donc à en avoir assez.

I really want to know who said that.

Like wtf are they expecting him to do, not rush the puck up the ice? He's a puck carrying defenseman for crying out loud and he still passes it to an open man while all these idiots on the ice are just standing there not moving their feet getting open.

Do they expect him not to agitate? It's part of his game!

What else does he do that pisses them off?

And I'm not even gonna ask about the off-ice stuff. Maybe he kills puppies during his free time and we don't know about it. :

Last edited by poetryinmotion: 04-09-2012 at 11:36 PM.
poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
« PK fait trop ce qu’il veut sur la glace et hors glace. » On commence donc à en avoir assez.

I really want to know who said that.
Me too.

But my guess is that it's Mr. X, created by the media.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:40 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Me too.

But my guess is that it's Mr. X, created by the media.
Maybe you're right. It smells fishy.

Kinda like he had nothing to write because everyone was declining to comment so he made it up. The giveaway is the player that's "under cover" lol... why would anyone tell him something so intimate about the team and then say, "but you didn't hear it from me, keep me out of this". It doesn't make sense.

Anyhow, Markov lost points with me too. Throw the young kid bone for Christ sake, he gets unfairly criticized enough as it is.

Old
04-10-2012, 12:21 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

It's no different than when Price was doing whatever he wanted.
I hope the new management will realize how important it is to surround some of our young players better. Guys that may lack maturity, and be obvious crowd pleasers, need to be surrounded.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 12:31 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
It's no different than when Price was doing whatever he wanted.
I hope the new management will realize how important it is to surround some of our young players better. Guys that may lack maturity, and be obvious crowd pleasers, need to be surrounded.
But do you think PK is like that?

To me, he's a young role model, helping benefits and raising funds for good causes, etc. And when he's not doing that the guy trains like an animal. You won't catch him with 5 cigarettes in his mouth in the back of an SUV looking like an anorexic. Those were dark times for Price, but PK's not that kind of person imo and never be, the kid is as straight edge as they come.

If there truly is a person on this team that think PK has on-ice and off-ice issues, we need to find him and ship him as far away as possible from this team.

Old
04-10-2012, 04:40 AM
muzion

Let's not forget that PK, while oozing with talent, is a selfish player. When he rushes the puck he only passes it when he has no choice, plus it never amounts to anything... He strays away from the system and doesn't trust his teammates to make the right play, so he does it alone (remember the time Darche screamed at PK).

When on the PP 80% of the time he puts it on Desharnais' stick, only because he wants it back, while Markov is on the other side barely touching the puck. The PP only worked last year when James W. came into the picture, and was made the playmaker instead of the shooter. I can see why he rubs the players the wrong way. PK takes too many liberties on the ice thus frustrating everyone... He's getting better but he still has lots to learn.

Markov and everyone else will continue to have a love-hate relationship with him until he figures it out.

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:30 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

A few years ago Markov was rumoured to call out Price in the locker room after a poor effort on his part. Price basically admitted it last year and said that Markov was right.

Maybe, just maybe, Markov's answer to the reporter meant, I don't badmouth my team mates to the media. I talk to them face to face. I don't want to talk to you about this. It's not my place to talk about a team mate to you. Let's move on.

Markov is blunt and to the point. He doesn't give reporters BS answers. I like that about him. Like those BS answers that Gomez gives about his results being unacceptable and all those right answers meanwhile it was reported yesterday that he basically doesn't even take the bus with the team but takes a taxi. He has pulled himself away from the team but he continues to BS us. Markov is not that type of person.

I see nothing wrong with what he said. Reporters seem to think they're entitled to answers for every question they throw out.

If the reporter had asked Markov to comment on Gauthier's work during the year, how should he have answered?

Either give a whitewashed BS answer or tell the truth. Markov would have done neither, He would answered, "next question." And good for him.

Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:55 AM
hockeyfan2k11

It's about professionalism. I'm sick and tired of hearing reports of players not liking other players and all that crap. You only seem to hear this crap from the Habs. I work with people I hate, but I treat them with respect and would never throw them under the bus to a client as it would reflect negatively against my company.

Successful teams have an "us against the world" mentality. Something I have not seen from this team in a while. How Gomez gets all this unwavering support while PK gets criticized for breathing is so strange to me.

Criticizing a player in the media does NOTHING but create unneeded drama. PK has always been supportive of Markov in the media... He's been quite nice about everyone. Odd that a 2nd year player has better media savvy than a 12 year vet.

Last edited by hockeyfan2k11: 04-10-2012 at 07:02 AM.
hockeyfan2k11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 07:51 AM
otto bond

Pk is just a smart ass and for some vets, thats hard to take. Markov is getting on my last nerve more then PK and he needs to not be so full of arrogance.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
He didn't want to talk about PK. Call the cops.

And absolutely, Gomez trade=re-signing Markov. Jesus Christ, do you even read yourself some times??
Nice addition to the discussion. We've come to expect that though. It's missing something though... yeah I got it! You know your **** and we don't. There y'a go!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post
Let's not forget that PK, while oozing with talent, is a selfish player. When he rushes the puck he only passes it when he has no choice, plus it never amounts to anything... He strays away from the system and doesn't trust his teammates to make the right play, so he does it alone (remember the time Darche screamed at PK).

When on the PP 80% of the time he puts it on Desharnais' stick, only because he wants it back, while Markov is on the other side barely touching the puck. The PP only worked last year when James W. came into the picture, and was made the playmaker instead of the shooter. I can see why he rubs the players the wrong way. PK takes too many liberties on the ice thus frustrating everyone... He's getting better but he still has lots to learn.

Markov and everyone else will continue to have a love-hate relationship with him until he figures it out.
I don't agree with your opinion that PK is a selfish player.

That part about only passing to DD because he will get it back just sounds like you have an idea in your head, and you look for any play to back it up and then say "you see, I told you so."

The bottom line is Markov is a man of few words speaking in his second language to people he does not seem to respect/trust.

If the media wants to paint a picture with non-answers, digging deep into their profound depth of knowledge of psychology/linguistics and their proven penchant for creating news instead of simply reporting it.... well.... nothing new there.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
But do you think PK is like that?

To me, he's a young role model, helping benefits and raising funds for good causes, etc. And when he's not doing that the guy trains like an animal. You won't catch him with 5 cigarettes in his mouth in the back of an SUV looking like an anorexic. Those were dark times for Price, but PK's not that kind of person imo and never be, the kid is as straight edge as they come.

If there truly is a person on this team that think PK has on-ice and off-ice issues, we need to find him and ship him as far away as possible from this team.
Well, first off, let's not exaggerate, it was one cigarette and it was a picture taken on vacation in the south during the off season. Unless there's other pictures I haven't seen. Times have changed, but Lafleur used to smoke between periods. But the point is, the kid can do whatever he wants when he's on vacation.

As for PK, I regularly saw him out during the season. Just this past month, I saw him 4 weeks in a row at Cavali on thursday nights. Budaj, Desharnais, Kaberle, Grabovski, Lupul, and I'm forgetting a few others, have all passed by there as well.
Before that, I saw him at a few other clubs around Mtl.

That doesn't mean he's a crazy drunk kid. But let's not pretend like he's a modal either. I'm sure he has his flaws and they can annoy others. But I think that's normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Nice addition to the discussion.
You say this, and then complete your post with that:
Quote:
We've come to expect that though. It's missing something though... yeah I got it! You know your **** and we don't. There y'a go!
Don't you see the irony?

And I'm not actually going to waste my time explaining to you why the Gomez trade=/=Markov signing.
If you can't figure that one out by yourself, you're an even bigger lost cause than I thought.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:08 PM
muzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
I don't agree with your opinion that PK is a selfish player.

That part about only passing to DD because he will get it back just sounds like you have an idea in your head, and you look for any play to back it up and then say "you see, I told you so."

The bottom line is Markov is a man of few words speaking in his second language to people he does not seem to respect/trust.

If the media wants to paint a picture with non-answers, digging deep into their profound depth of knowledge of psychology/linguistics and their proven penchant for creating news instead of simply reporting it.... well.... nothing new there.

Beginning of the season Weber, just like Markov, didn't touch the puck on the PP... which is why JM removed PK, placed Plekanec at his spot so Weber would become the shooter... The fans cried foul but coach had no other choice if he wanted his players' respect. He wants to be the man so bad he does it at the detriment of the team.

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

@ 5 a 7 Gaston just said Beaulieu was not dominant in the Q

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:12 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
@ 5 a 7 Gaston just said Beaulieu was not dominant in the Q
PPG, guy is a ****ing bum. Trade him

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
PPG, guy is a ****ing bum. Trade him
I know right ?
I guess being one out of two PPG dman in the Q with over 100 PIM is really bad. If he was not dominant who was ?

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:30 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post
Beginning of the season Weber, just like Markov, didn't touch the puck on the PP... which is why JM removed PK, placed Plekanec at his spot so Weber would become the shooter... The fans cried foul but coach had no other choice if he wanted his players' respect. He wants to be the man so bad he does it at the detriment of the team.
And yet the team had the top PP just the year before with PK and Wiz.

Facts will always beat speculation.

hockeyfan2k11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Carbo just said that the turning point for the Rangers was the signing of Brad Richards.

*facepalm*

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Carbo just said that the turning point for the Rangers was the signing of Brad Richards.

*facepalm*
Looking at their season, it's hard to argue against that...

Old
04-13-2012, 08:37 PM
deandebean

PK has some issues too, off-ice. I find it actually pretty good that the vets are calling him out. Could make him more reasonable. I think Markov was right, and other players too, to call him out a bit. They had signed Gill for another season because of him being the big brother. But it didn't work that much.

I find the Montreal media has been actually pretttttty soft on PK's off-ice fun, compared to what happened to Price, and the Kots bros, or Higgins for that matter. Media has been getting pretty soft on off-ice issues since the Mafia fiasco, where the media looked absolutely awful (even though, from a serious RCMP source on the Colisee case -a close friend of mine-, the story was much bigger than what came out).

What I don't like is that some media people are implying some stuff, without saying it loud, or writing about it. That's what bugs me. Gagnon has been one of the worse. It began with the Ribeiro story, where Gagnon implied one time that Ribeiro had taken a run sexually at someone (female) at the Bell Centre. But never went further. That type of conduct, if true, would have turned into a major scandal if it had happened to a politician (remember the Maxim Bernier scandal?).

Either write about it, or shut the f-off. I know that PK has had some off-ice issues. He's not a quiet, shy kid, that goes to the library every week. And we can write about it here, and it's worth squat because who's going to attest to it here. But I'm pretty sure the beat writers know a lot. And they don't write about it. Good for them. Those, like Gagnon, play the gossip game, but don't prove their point with some real info. I hate that.

And people here who know me know that I love gossip. When it's credible. In Gagnon's case, I wouldn't even call it gossip, but inuendos.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:59 PM
Macbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
PK has some issues too, off-ice. I find it actually pretty good that the vets are calling him out. Could make him more reasonable. I think Markov was right, and other players too, to call him out a bit. They had signed Gill for another season because of him being the big brother. But it didn't work that much.

I find the Montreal media has been actually pretttttty soft on PK's off-ice fun, compared to what happened to Price, and the Kots bros, or Higgins for that matter. Media has been getting pretty soft on off-ice issues since the Mafia fiasco, where the media looked absolutely awful (even though, from a serious RCMP source on the Colisee case -a close friend of mine-, the story was much bigger than what came out).

What I don't like is that some media people are implying some stuff, without saying it loud, or writing about it. That's what bugs me. Gagnon has been one of the worse. It began with the Ribeiro story, where Gagnon implied one time that Ribeiro had taken a run sexually at someone (female) at the Bell Centre. But never went further. That type of conduct, if true, would have turned into a major scandal if it had happened to a politician (remember the Maxim Bernier scandal?).

Either write about it, or shut the f-off. I know that PK has had some off-ice issues. He's not a quiet, shy kid, that goes to the library every week. And we can write about it here, and it's worth squat because who's going to attest to it here. But I'm pretty sure the beat writers know a lot. And they don't write about it. Good for them. Those, like Gagnon, play the gossip game, but don't prove their point with some real info. I hate that.

And people here who know me know that I love gossip. When it's credible. In Gagnon's case, I wouldn't even call it gossip, but inuendos.
I don't know you and I could've said as much just reading this post.

Wow...

Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 02:48 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Looking at their season, it's hard to argue against that...
Ask Rangers fans, they played well dispite Richards. He was a ghost most nights.

Old
04-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Ask Rangers fans, they played well dispite Richards. He was a ghost most nights.
Why would I ask Rangers fans? If I ask Habs fans something, half will think something and the other half will think the opposite. That's what fans do. The truth would be if you asked John Tortorella or the players.

The impact of Richards goes beyond his offensive production. The proof is in the pudding.

Old
04-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Why would I ask Rangers fans? If I ask Habs fans something, half will think something and the other half will think the opposite. That's what fans do. The truth would be if you asked John Tortorella or the players.

The impact of Richards goes beyond his offensive production. The proof is in the pudding.
Yea like Torto and his teamates would say "he's been useless this year". It's like you're arguing just for the sake of arguing. The whole success of the Rangers happened because they dediced themselves to play hard and they played like Torto wanted them to play. Richards has not represented that wave. It's been all Callahan. Even Gaborik whom fans had written off has seemed more inspired than Richards.

Carbo is living in his own World like most guys at L'Anti-Chambre would pull most of what they say out of their butts. I'll believe thousand of Rangers fans before him. I'll believe hockey analysis from other networks before him.

Old
04-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Anyone else hate Cantin? All his articles are garbage, his stints on RDS make me want to punch babies, he doesn't know how to ****ing dress and he looks like your typical high school nerd.

****ing hate that guy.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote