HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Talk Shows Le Match/Anti-Chambre, etc...

Old
04-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You should also prepare yourself for the possibility of seeing very little changes.
As I said in my previous post, this could very well turn out to be a transitional year with little changes. People just take it for granted that Gomez will be gone, but I wouldn't bet everything on that..
The new GM might go after one or two depth guys, but we have a lot of young players, some that he might not have actually had a chance to truly observe and evaluate.
So, he might act very little during this off season after all and use next year as a way to determine which guys can actually follow the direction he wants to set his new team in.

I don't want to expect big changes as most people are, only to be disappointed. The possibility of very little changes happening is real. I think people need to envision it as much as the ''lots of changes'' idea.
I don't expect changes as with expectations often come disappointments. I mostly don't set expectations for those changes, at least not until I know who will be running the ship. I do however anticipate changes and this year, it's a guarantee. Why?
  • Change in GM: Soon.
  • Change in head coach: Soon.
  • Change in phylosophy: very likely.
  • Change in prospects and/or trades: a certainty with 3rd overall pick
So the point remains: way too many changes coming to start trying to figure out line combinations for next fall.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Bieber fever

hahah what a fail on l'anti chambre :

-Bergy : they will be a good battle between the 2 russian...Ovechkin and Gaborik.
-Tremblay : Gaborik is Czech.

Bieber fever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 10:52 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post

-Bergy : they will be a good battle between the 2 russian...Ovechkin and Gaborik.
lol double fail because gaborik is slovak

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:34 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post

Only reason Tremblay knows that Gaborik is from "Czechoslovakia" is because he played for him. Those guys don't know **** about other teams.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:45 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Love how Michel Langevin got it on the nose on Le Match. When Mr. Anti-fighting Langevin was trying to spread his propaganda and talked to the GM of L'Océanic de Rimouski Phillipe Boucher saying "Phil, as a former Penguins player what did you think of all the violence in the playoffs in general and with your former team?". Phil said:"intensity, fighting that's what people want to see. And the league got it right by suspending Torres this way. But the crazy usualy happens in the first round and things calm down afterwards". Take that, *****!

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:05 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So much Anglo bashing on AC tonight. They are going all out to discredit Marc Crawford and boosting Michel Therrien. Bertrand Raymond had the gall to say "we want a Francophone, not an Anglophone who speaks French!". And Mathieu Dandenault is sitting there, pretty, not saying anything.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:27 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
So much Anglo bashing on AC tonight. They are going all out to discredit Marc Crawford and boosting Michel Therrien. Bertrand Raymond had the gall to say "we want a Francophone, not an Anglophone who speaks French!". And Mathieu Dandenault is sitting there, pretty, not saying anything.
Bertrand is a clown.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:27 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Had to be expected. Reason why the Crawford experiment cannot happen. He won't have room to breathe. On top of the Bertuzzi sage. On top of not being that much better than anybody on the list. If Bergevin is aware of what,s going on around here, he won't touch him.

The group that he got with Dudley, Mellanby and Co are all great news. Yet, you hope that somebody in the group would be wise enough to make him know about the reality of this city. You hope that Carrière is aware enough.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:58 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Bertrand is a clown.
For the francophones and not english guys who speak french

Bertrand stun osti de kekloon

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:04 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
For the francophones and not english guys who speak french

Bertrand stun osti de kekloon
I agree. And I'm a pro-francophone for the Habs...holy jeeeez, Bert has lost touch. I hope there are complaints for those comments. They border on sheer ethno-centrism.

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:05 PM
Viggo Mortensen
Gandalf the Grey

All his editorials on RDS are usually bashing involving the lack of quebecers or ass-kissing quebecers who are doing good.

Viggo Mortensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:25 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
DD with Leblanc and Bourque makes very little sense. That resembles a 3rd line, except you want your 3rd line to be responsible defensively. DD with MaxPac and Cole had troubles with defensive zone starts, and only managed when they had PK/Gorges behind to back them up.

Cole and MaxPac should not play on the same line.
MaxPac can stay with DD as they have undeniable chemistry and know each other from minors. Put Bourque on their other winger.
Cole should be playing with Plekanec and face tougher opposition. We need our future GM to bring in another winger to complete the pair, in whatever way he can.
Gionta should be a 3rd liner at this point. I think him along side Eller and perhaps Leblanc/Palushaj/UFA could form a solid trio, one that would dominate the opposition (very much like we had with AK and Moen this year).

I have a feeling the new GM might want to use this year as a transitioning year however, and perhaps not start his tenure here by signing free agents to big contracts without having really seen the team he has perform under the coach he will choose.
This isn't the 80's anymore. The role of third lines in modern NHL line strategy has evolved far beyond them necessarily being a defense first unit. Those still exist but lots of teams use power versus power line strategies and third lines are often offensive groups used to crush the oppositions weaker lines and defensive pairings if a team is deep enough to get away with that kind of strategy. This kind of strategy is favourable for a team like the Habs whose top forwards tend to be stronger defensively and weaker offensively than average (Plekanec being the leading forward is the biggest reason for this). A team with Plekanec and Eller as its two other centers is well positioned to use an offensively strong but not overall dominant center like Desharnais in such a role. It also put Bourque in a position where he can succeed and help contribute to wins rather than being a liability on a line that needs to face good opponents.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:55 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bertrand Raymond on AC tonight: http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/#cat=67&videoID=110822

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:41 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

That was disgusting. The guy should be fined or even fired, unless of course the network agrees with his views.

Honestly, **** that guy. And **** anyone who thinks the same as him...Bunch of inbred hicks is what they are.

waffledave
waffledave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:41 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
I agree. And I'm a pro-francophone for the Habs...holy jeeeez, Bert has lost touch. I hope there are complaints for those comments. They border on sheer ethno-centrism.
Well Yvon Pedneault and Marc DeFoy are on the same pace in the JdeM today... Pedneault even suggest that Bergevin should have gone with Alain Cheney instead of Scott Mellanby to do the job..... you know that it's completly stupid when you remember that on Scott Mellanby birth certificate, it says MONTREAL!!!!

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:43 AM
glenn77

What did he say?

glenn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:47 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn77 View Post
What did he say?
Basically..."Crawford is not an acceptable choice as coach because he is not a francophone. Savard promised us a francophone coach, not an english guy who can speak french. That would be unacceptable."

It's not just what he said, but it's how he said it. Full of contempt and hate for the evil english invaders who are ruining Quebec.

waffledave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:50 AM

Forget Betrand Raymond...we know what he's all about

The real shame is that RDS allows this type of talk on live-air

That's what really gets to me...at this point, I think i'd want Bergevin to hire Crawford purely out of spite.

I'd have someone to have asked Bertrand Raymond, what he would have thought had people in Calgary been against Bob Hartley's nomination because he's got a french accent?

Unbelievable

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:51 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post

That's what really gets to me...at this point, I think i'd want Bergevin to hire Crawford purely out of spite.

I'd have someone to have asked Bertrand Raymond, what he would have thought had people in Calgary been against Bob Hartley's nomination because he's got a french accent?

Unbelievable
I'm not at all angry that they allowed it on air. I'm angry that nobody spoke up to smack some sense into him.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:51 AM
glenn77

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Basically..."Crawford is not an acceptable choice as coach because he is not a francophone. Savard promised us a francophone coach, not an english guy who can speak french. That would be unacceptable."

It's not just what he said, but it's how he said it. Full of contempt and hate for the evil english invaders who are ruining Quebec.
Sorry for my lack of RDS knowledge but who is this loon?

glenn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:54 AM
HABsurde

Quote:

Unbelievable
the problem with your assesment is that Bob doesn't have that much of an accent in english.... what would have been funnier to ask Bert is why he wanted Hartley in the first place, he's not even a Quebecois...you know having been born in Hawkesbury Ontario...

Old
06-01-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
the problem with your assesment is that Bob doesn't have that much of an accent in english.... what would have been funnier to ask Bert is why he wanted Hartley in the first place, he's not even a Quebecois...you know having been born in Hawkesbury Ontario...
i know he doesn't...I was just being facetious. But you get the point.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I'm not at all angry that they allowed it on air. I'm angry that nobody spoke up to smack some sense into him.
Well that's the thing..no one spoke up, because the network and Raymond, share the same agenda

Old
06-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Bertrand Raymond... Should learn a few things with Bill 78, The Anglo's who live & respect Montreal remember worst in Bill 101! It''s not wise to wake up sleeping GIANTS, and believe us, were very aware!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:01 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
i know he doesn't...I was just being facetious. But you get the point.
I do, i just mean you don't even have to mention the accent thing just saying Calgary people being angry at Bob selection because he's mostly known as a francophone would have do the trick with Bert