HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Craziest stat of all...

Old
03-15-2011, 12:46 PM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Yes, our GF stat, relative to the rest of the NHL, is a big surprise for me considering the number of times we have run into sizzling hot goaltending. Especially, early in the season, our offence was struggling to finish, but have broken out since. If we can get line 2 and 3 playing to their potential offensively, watch out! Last night the officiating was worse than brutal and the opps was handed a goal in the first few minutes and Niemi looked like he was going to shut us down, but we kept coming and it paid off. Its games like that build confidence.

Defence and goaltending are of course crucial in PO hockey but a team that can play any style is where we were last year and I'm confident we can return there.
Did they flip frolik and bickell? I don't see a whole lot of potential on the third line. No playmaker to get the puck to bickell and brouwer is useless unless he has kane/toews to feed him beachballs into an open net. Dowell doesn't really have much of a game in the offensive zone either.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 01:55 PM
Panzerspitze

Posterchild of a meaningless stat.

Panzerspitze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 02:12 PM
BobbyJet

Some of you folks can sure turn on a guy quickly. Brouwer will come around. He was playing very well for a stretch not long ago; probably the best in his career but to date but has been a streaky player. I think he will be appreciated come playoff time.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 03:19 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:
Some of you folks can sure turn on a guy quickly. Brouwer will come around. He was playing very well for a stretch not long ago; probably the best in his career but to date but has been a streaky player. I think he will be appreciated come playoff time.
Brouwer gets a lot of undeserved hate. I agree if we have a strong playoff run, he's going to be a main reason why. We're relying on his and Bickells (much more unlikely) physical game to ramp up and help offset the loss of Buff and Laddy.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 03:27 PM
madgoat33

Quote:

He's a liability, plain and simple. When put on a line without a kane/toews/hossa he's lost offensively. And when you put him on the top line, Kane/Toews suffer because he's a black hole for the puck. If he would simplify his game he'd be much better, but he tries to play beyond his skill level all the time and makes a lot of stupid mistakes(going over to the puck last night when campoli already had the guy). Bickell is bigger, has a better shot, and makes less mistakes. And while bickell isn't a great passer, I'd say he's better than brouwer. Kopecky plays pretty much exactly like Brouwer should be playing, though Kopecky probably has better vision than brouwer.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote