HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nosebleeds

Old
03-16-2011, 04:13 PM
Vabeachblue

vCash: 500
Nosebleeds

Im thinking about going to a playoff game and was wondering how bad the view is in the nosebleeds. Anybody got any info it would be greatly appreciated.

Vabeachblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 04:54 PM
I Am The Mole
DERPINGTON DERPITALS

I've been to 9 games this year, the bulk of which I've sat in section 400, 417 or 433. You don't miss anything, though the crowd is a little sedate up there. I imagine for the play offs that isn't a problem though.

This is the view from 417 J and it really sells the view short. I dreaded sitting up there the first time, but almost don't bother with lower bowl seats anymore unless it's Philly/Pitt or the seats are a good deal. It really speaks to how well designed the Phone Booth really is.

I Am The Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 05:34 PM
Vabeachblue

thanks man

Old
03-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Robert Theodorson

I made the mistake of sitting behind the glass twice this year, once in DC and once in Raleigh and now every time I buy a nosebleed ticket I die a little inside. It's like 1st class versus coach, but it's not that bad I suppose.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 07:14 PM
I Am The Mole
DERPINGTON DERPITALS

I've never sat on the glass, but I sat in 101 for the Flyers game we won this season. Obviously the first and third periods were awesome, but the second was absolutely brutal. I'd love to make it out to a playoff game and sit in the nosebleeds this year.

I Am The Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 07:30 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gr8 Eight View Post
Im thinking about going to a playoff game and was wondering how bad the view is in the nosebleeds. Anybody got any info it would be greatly appreciated.
Just be careful while navigating the stairs up there. Those suckers are steep. One game I watched up there I lost my balance for a second while going to take a piss and I thought I was going to roll my *** down a set of those stairs for sure. I won't go up there again after that.

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 08:06 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gr8 Eight View Post
I think you will have enough trouble simply landing a ticket to complain about the view...

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Robert Theodorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
I think you will have enough trouble simply landing a ticket to complain about the view...
They're not too bad on stubhub, please don't buy a thousand dollar ticket for Game 7 of the SCF just yet though, can't believe somebody would actually buy that.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 07:47 AM

I'm fortunate enough to have 3rd row seats behind the net we shoot on twice .... it's a different experience entirely. To answer your question directly, the upper tier seats are still great, good vision of the entire rink and you don't have to use the jumbo-tron as I occasionally do. That said, I wouldn't trade my seats for anything.

442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 08:49 AM
Vabeachblue

does anybody know what happens if u buy a game 2 ticket in dc and they dont play game 2 in dc? do u get your money back?

Old
03-17-2011, 09:14 AM
sk84fun_dc

The answer in general to buying a ticket on spec is that it depends on how you purchase the ticket. Check the detailed rules of the site for what you do or do not get back in terms of the ticket cost, but also the service fees/charges, etc.

Of course, as it relates to a game #2, there would be a game #2 for both the home and away team since all NHL playoff rounds are best of 7 series. Playoff tickets are typically labeled by home game # rather than the game in the actual series...e.g., Rd 1 home game 2 or home game b.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Vabeachblue

thanks man i just read that too, im buying my tickets today. Gonna be my first time seeing the caps play, If caps win the south east its on a friday or saturday, Its also gonna make each game mean even more to me. WOOOOOOO

Old
03-17-2011, 09:34 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

I've sat in the non-nosebleeds a total of three times in my life. Once was this year in Nassau, where our 1st row (wouldn't really call them on the glass because we were behind the photographers) tickets cost less than a 400-level ticket in the Verizon Center. Another time was when the Capitals were terrible and they weren't selling out, and we were lucky enough to be "promoted" to the lower bowl. Dang rich folk and your expensive lower bowl tickets.

For the record, I love the view from on-top. Get to see plays develop and get a better feel for what's going on. Certainly a very different experience from being close to the ice.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 09:51 AM
Millhaus

Yeah thanks man...

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote