HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/15/11 Flyers @ Cats "The return of the Duco!!" 7:30 ET

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2011, 08:00 PM
HowdyHowden93*

vCash: 500
Thank you CARTER.

3-2 Flyers

Old
03-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I'm really liking Carter as well. He's been great on the 4th line, I'd like to see him stick on the checking line.

This team does need players like him, it just also glaringly needs top line guys as well. You look at the top teams and they have a great mix of skill and brute, Tallon's providing that.
I agree.

Plus, he's not bad in the faceoff circle, and he's actually played on a winner, before.

Played 10 playoff games for Anaheim, and chipped in 5 points (2 goals) during that time.

He was also well-liked in Carolina, as a 4th line center.

I'm not saying he's great. I'm just saying he's a lot better than Scott Timmins, and he's actually a guy who's worth a look next year, if he continues to play this way. As you said, he brings some things that the team doesn't have.

You could do a lot worse for a 4th line center.

Old
03-15-2011, 08:01 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Nice goal.. just what we needed.. 2-3

Old
03-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowdyHowden93 View Post
I'll counter it with Theo Fleury. I remember I was at MSG during a Panthers Rangers game and a fight broke out, he was obviously in the middle of it and they kicked him out of the game and he slammed his stick and broke it on the glass, just hillarious, I loved the way he played!!
Not sure you're actually 'countering,' so much as you're proving the point. Size doesn't matter. Theo was an incredible player, something else to watch.

Quote:
unlike you I can care less.

Gudbranson93 fp.com
FloridaPanthers4ever fp.com
SouthFlaShame10yrs fp.com

remember me guys??? who cares!! I have my opinions (most have been correct about FA signings and the lack there of), you all have your opinions.
Remember you?? Uhm, no.

Gudbranson is a beast, he's going to be a great NHLer. May not score like Fowler, but he'll be a solid all around defenseman. I LOVE that we picked him!

03-15-2011, 08:05 PM
HowdyHowden93*

Quote:
Not sure you're actually 'countering,' so much as you're proving the point. Size doesn't matter. Theo was an incredible player, something else to watch.

Remember you?? Uhm, no.

Gudbranson is a beast, he's going to be a great NHLer. May not score like Fowler, but he'll be a solid all around defenseman. I LOVE that we picked him!
No, i was just adding to the list of good small hockey players with grit.

i hope you're right about Gudbranson. I didn't like the pick but I for this teams sake, we need him to be great.

Old
03-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Erick

Quote:
unlike you I can care less.

Gudbranson93 fp.com
FloridaPanthers4ever fp.com
SouthFlaShame10yrs fp.com

remember me guys??? who cares!! I have my opinions (most have been correct about FA signings and the lack there of), you all have your opinions.
Then you had your IP banned, and yet still created a new account and posted under bryanncohen. Quite the obsession you have there.

Old
03-15-2011, 08:06 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Commercial break with 45 sec left

Old
03-15-2011, 08:08 PM
HowdyHowden93*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Then you had your IP banned, and yet still created a new account and posted under bryanncohen. Quite the obsession you have there.
I have had multiple accounts on FP.com but bryanncohen I did not. I don't even know where you got that from. If I did, i would tell you. I did not create that one though. It would be impossible since my IP was banned lol.

FP.com doesn't ban IP addresses anymore, their site is shot.

Now who's calling ppl out?? relax kiddo

Old
03-15-2011, 08:11 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
You do know Domi was one of the smallest guys on his team year in and year out, right? Far and away the toughest, though. While I agree this team is terribly soft, size has nothing to do with it. Oh, and go watch a few Tootoo fights.
I'm from TO and Domi was one of my favorite players. I hadn't made the comparison yet, but it was the first thing on my mind when thinking about Duco. The problem is, would these kids know who Domi is without doing a quick Google??

Old
03-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
No, i was just adding to the list of good small hockey players with grit.

i hope you're right about Gudbranson. I didn't like the pick but I for this teams sake, we need him to be great.
Yep, some of my more favorite players are the smaller guys. Favorites all time, though, are Laus and Forsberg. Laus cause he was an ass kicker and one of the nicest I've ever met. Left it all on the ice, did everything asked of him, and loved this team.

Forsberg, because he was a breed apart, imo. Did everything but fight, but was an absolute machine! Scored, hit, played on the boards, wish he could have played longer.

Draper, Franzen, Iginla, and Pronger are favorites as well. All guys who are hard workers and play the full 60 minutes.

Old
03-15-2011, 08:17 PM
HowdyHowden93*

Quote:
Yep, some of my more favorite players are the smaller guys. Favorites all time, though, are Laus and Forsberg. Laus cause he was an ass kicker and one of the nicest I've ever met. Left it all on the ice, did everything asked of him, and loved this team.

Forsberg, because he was a breed apart, imo. Did everything but fight, but was an absolute machine! Scored, hit, played on the boards, wish he could have played longer.

Draper, Franzen, Iginla, and Pronger are favorites as well. All guys who are hard workers and play the full 60 minutes.
I love the small guys too since I am on that scale as well. St Louis is awesome. Tampa is lucky to have him. I agree Laus was a WARRIOR and that's what the Panthers need to get back to doing. This team used to be tough as nails back in the day, now it's fancy dancy nancy with this group.

Old
03-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
I'm from TO and Domi was one of my favorite players. I hadn't made the comparison yet, but it was the first thing on my mind when thinking about Duco. The problem is, would these kids know who Domi is without doing a quick Google??
I wish he was like Domi, he'd be something else. But they're both smaller guys who work hard out there. I don't know what to think about Duco and his future as a Panther, but I like when he's in the line up. Needs to learn more discipline, but he really does provide a lot of energy. He's looked good tonight for the most part.

Hasn't been too long since Tie played, few years he, Laus, and a few others will likely require some Google/Youtube checks.

Old
03-15-2011, 08:18 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
I have had multiple accounts on FP.com but bryanncohen I did not. I don't even know where you got that from. If I did, i would tell you. I did not create that one though. It would be impossible since my IP was banned lol.

FP.com doesn't ban IP addresses anymore, their site is shot.

Now who's calling ppl out?? relax kiddo
You! You have 145 posts in the last month. What are you trying to prove? I do love yr perspective though.

Old
03-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Erick

Quote:
I love the small guys too since I am on that scale as well. St Louis is awesome. Tampa is lucky to have him. I agree Laus was a WARRIOR and that's what the Panthers need to get back to doing. This team used to be tough as nails back in the day, now it's fancy dancy nancy with this group.
If that's the case, why are you calling me out for liking Ryan Carter's game? A guy who has size and finishes his checks? Wtf.

Also, if that's really the case, you must like Dale Tallon/Mike Santos. Because they are clearly trying to get the team to play a more physical game. That much is clear.

Old
03-15-2011, 08:24 PM
HowdyHowden93*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
If that's the case, why are you calling me out for liking Ryan Carter's game? A guy who has size and finishes his checks? Wtf.

Also, if that's really the case, you must like Dale Tallon/Mike Santos. Because they are clearly trying to get the team to play a more physical game. That much is clear.
fine, Ryan Carter is a tough decent 4th liner for us. Happy?

Now lets find some 1st liners and 2nd liners to get this team over the hump

Old
03-15-2011, 08:38 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
You're getting on my nerves now. All you are doing now is starting shyt. ****

thats right, dump bergfors and bring in real talent. That's exactly right.
lol! You can't have superstars in every position. Bergfors is a good player.

Old
03-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Kuli taking some weird penalties this game. Admittedly, I laughed when he ripped out the Flyer player's stick.

Old
03-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
You guys seriously need to stop, or get a room or something. So ****ing annoying, it doesn't have anything to do with the game.
This GDT will only have 1 page by the time the mods show up.

Old
03-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
This GDT will only have 1 page by the time the mods show up.
I'm honestly a bit surprised I've stayed out of it. Not my usualy M.O., I pat myself on the back.

Old
03-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Pantherkidd101
Don't Read This

Send a message via AIM to Pantherkidd101
Go Panthers...?

Old
03-15-2011, 08:45 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

I think Samsonov has added a lot of calmness to our power play. Earlier we couldn't control a power play. He is so skilled and smart that he can calm it down so we establish our set-up.

Old
03-15-2011, 08:47 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
I'm honestly a bit surprised I've stayed out of it. Not my usualy M.O., I pat myself on the back.
Me too, I usually trashtalk a lot

Old
03-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
I think Samsonov has added a lot of calmness to our power play. Earlier we couldn't control a power play. He is so skilled and smart that he can calm it down so we establish our set-up.
He makes some smart plays and crisp passes. I still remember asking myself what he was doing when he flipped the puck in the air from behind the blue line, but it landed right on the tape of Weiss' stick. I was shocked. Not sure what to think about him, though, in terms of re-signing him.

Old
03-15-2011, 08:48 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherkidd101 View Post
Go Panthers...?
/thread

Finally someone got it.

Old
03-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Erick

Quote:
I was admitting to that but i did not call anyone a jew or a beaner today. if that helps at all.
If only they knew your opinions on European hockey players.

Seriously, it's surprising to see you criticize Tallon, considering he seems to bring in players who fit what you like. North American for the most part, and not soft.

Actually, it's not surprising. You simply end up hating everything and everyone, sooner or later, don't you?

Closed Thread