HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/15/11 Flyers @ Cats "The return of the Duco!!" 7:30 ET

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-15-2011, 09:48 PM
  #101
FinlandPanther
Registered User
 
FinlandPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dania Florida
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Hey Laus, Your wife is hot and your kids are beautiful, nice job my man! *jealous*
was about to post the same exact thing, just didn't want to be the only one laus you are one lucky man!

FinlandPanther is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 09:51 PM
  #102
HowdyHowden93*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyPanther85 View Post
So what was this thread about again? Remind me because I'm not sure anymore....
it was a thread made by "Panther fans" in which most of them want their team to lose in order to get a higher draft pick. In that case they aren't fans since they want their team to lose. I am included in that statement I just made.

HowdyHowden93* is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 09:51 PM
  #103
Southern Hockey
Registered User
 
Southern Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
In other news, I've been liking Kulikov's play a lot lately.

He's still not perfect but he's improved in leaps and bounds this season and its encouraging IMO. For a 20 year old defenseman, he's pretty steady.

Southern Hockey is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 09:57 PM
  #104
asleepinthechapel
Registered User
 
asleepinthechapel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: N Plm Bch/Atlanta
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowdyHowden93 View Post
it was a thread made by "Panther fans" in which most of them want their team to lose in order to get a higher draft pick. In that case they aren't fans since they want their team to lose. I am included in that statement I just made.
Being a fan of a team doesn't necessarily translate into always cheering the team on to victory. Rather, those who prefer the Panthers to lose, want what's best for the team in their eyes. I wouldn't claim they aren't fans at all, as you say, it's still "their[our]" team.

asleepinthechapel is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 09:59 PM
  #105
JP Mick
Two Gallants
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 5,364
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowdyHowden93 View Post
it was a thread made by "Panther fans" in which most of them want their team to lose in order to get a higher draft pick. In that case they aren't fans since they want their team to lose. I am included in that statement I just made.

JP Mick is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 10:00 PM
  #106
angry_treefrog
Moderator
#CatsAreComing
 
angry_treefrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 7,274
vCash: 500
You must have me confused with happy_treefrog...

Have you people lost your damned minds?

This imbecilic flame-fest has led to multiple infractions/warnings and intense ill will.

I know I speak for Acadmus & PR when I say that this nonsense will not be tolerated moving forward.

Here's an idea: If you want to be treated like an adult, act like one.

__________________




angry_treefrog is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 10:04 PM
  #107
16Skippy
Registered User
 
16Skippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Lol, story of the last couple days.

16Skippy is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 10:09 PM
  #108
HowdyHowden93*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by asleepinthechapel View Post
Being a fan of a team doesn't necessarily translate into always cheering the team on to victory. Rather, those who prefer the Panthers to lose, want what's best for the team in their eyes. I wouldn't claim they aren't fans at all, as you say, it's still "their[our]" team.
how about we turn that around a little bit and say that winning these game will only help our very young team and give them a winning attitude rather than losing all the time like the Hortons the Bouwmeesters and the Weiss's of the world. Like Tallon and PDB say, Winning is contagious.

there.

HowdyHowden93* is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 10:16 PM
  #109
Southern Hockey
Registered User
 
Southern Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowdyHowden93 View Post
how about we turn that around a little bit and say that winning these game will only help our very young team and give them a winning attitude rather than losing all the time like the Hortons the Bouwmeesters and the Weiss's of the world. Like Tallon and PDB say, Winning is contagious.

there.
I thought you said you wanted to tank?

While your opinion, whatever that is, may differ, you have to realize that: I/we see tanking as a longer term solution which will eventually lead to a winning team in the future.

So it would be prudent to lose now in the short-term, where losing is a foregone conclusion anyway, in order to secure a more encouraging future.

Southern Hockey is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 10:17 PM
  #110
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 17,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Hey Laus, Your wife is hot and your kids are beautiful, nice job my man! *jealous*
Hilarious. No offense, Laus. You truly have a beautiful family, congrats.

Dread Clawz is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 10:18 PM
  #111
HowdyHowden93*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Hockey View Post
I thought you said you wanted to tank?

While your opinion, whatever that is, may differ, you have to realize that: I/we see tanking as a longer term solution which will eventually lead to a winning team in the future.

So it would be prudent to lose now in the short-term, where losing is a foregone conclusion anyway, in order to secure a more encouraging future.

Nah I want to tank too. But according to all of you, I am a bad fan but we all agree on tanking. Go figure.

HowdyHowden93* is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 10:20 PM
  #112
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 17,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowdyHowden93 View Post
it was a thread made by "Panther fans" in which most of them want their team to lose in order to get a higher draft pick. In that case they aren't fans since they want their team to lose. I am included in that statement I just made.
Take it easy and relax. If you are really this torqued up all the time you're going to have a heart attack by the time you're 40.

We are the best fans around because we know that the team losing as much as possible is the best thing for this team in the long run, and we endure the losing just because of that.

Dread Clawz is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 10:23 PM
  #113
Southern Hockey
Registered User
 
Southern Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowdyHowden93 View Post
Nah I want to tank too. But according to all of you, I am a bad fan but we all agree on tanking. Go figure.
I'd say that sticking around even during such periods of adversity show a great deal of loyalty.

The fact that any of us still have season tickets, let alone watch the games, makes us pretty good fans.

Southern Hockey is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 10:24 PM
  #114
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,624
vCash: 500
Thanks everyone. Not exactly what was intended, but thanks.

__________________
Future now!

Last edited by Laus723: 03-16-2011 at 05:35 AM.
Laus723 is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 10:27 PM
  #115
HowdyHowden93*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Hockey View Post
I'd say that sticking around even during such periods of adversity show a great deal of loyalty.

The fact that any of us still have season tickets, let alone watch the games, makes us pretty good fans.
It actually makes you great fans. The only problem is you giving this team your money when they lie lie lie to you every single season. Just like when Catfan stood up at the annual meeting and asked Yormark why do you invite other fans to our own building. Yormark lied right to his face. YorMUCK has no clue, and in these bad economic times, I would save my money and watch them on TV. It's not worth all the lies.

Hopefully they do reward the fan base and actually put a winner so you guys can actually go watch some real hockey.

HowdyHowden93* is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 10:28 PM
  #116
HowdyHowden93*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Take it easy and relax. If you are really this torqued up all the time you're going to have a heart attack by the time you're 40.

We are the best fans around because we know that the team losing as much as possible is the best thing for this team in the long run, and we endure the losing just because of that.
I already factored that in. I don't think I will make it to 40, and that's only 16 years away YIKES!

HowdyHowden93* is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 10:37 PM
  #117
KittysGotClaws
We See Red
 
KittysGotClaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N of BB&T
Country: United States
Posts: 2,132
vCash: 500
Gotta' give it up to the organization, piling in the bandwagon Flyers fans again. Drunk in our section called for them to snap Booth's neck at one point. Filthy is a classless organization from the team to the fans.

Speaking of, don't know if people noticed, but Richards went for the career ender on Booth with about 20 seconds left, but he missed. He's the only player in the NHL I wish actual harm to. I wish we had Dubinsky on this team.

KittysGotClaws is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 10:42 PM
  #118
HowdyHowden93*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittysGotClaws View Post
Gotta' give it up to the organization, piling in the bandwagon Flyers fans again. Drunk in our section called for them to snap Booth's neck at one point. Filthy is a classless organization from the team to the fans.

Speaking of, don't know if people noticed, but Richards went for the career ender on Booth with about 20 seconds left, but he missed. He's the only player in the NHL I wish actual harm to. I wish we had Dubinsky on this team.
try being a met fan going to a phillies game. Thank god I am a Yankees fan.


GO YANKEES!!!!

Marlins SUCK (sorry Erik)

HowdyHowden93* is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 10:47 PM
  #119
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Hockey View Post
In other news, I've been liking Kulikov's play a lot lately.

He's still not perfect but he's improved in leaps and bounds this season and its encouraging IMO. For a 20 year old defenseman, he's pretty steady.
Yeah, he's really looked good, some weird penalties tonight, but he's only getting better. Really hoping he and Gudbranson turn into pure domination in the future!

Laus723 is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 11:00 PM
  #120
KW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittysGotClaws View Post
Gotta' give it up to the organization, piling in the bandwagon Flyers fans again. Drunk in our section called for them to snap Booth's neck at one point. Filthy is a classless organization from the team to the fans.

Speaking of, don't know if people noticed, but Richards went for the career ender on Booth with about 20 seconds left, but he missed. He's the only player in the NHL I wish actual harm to. I wish we had Dubinsky on this team.
Wonder if there's video available anywhere? I didn't see it but if your description is correct, we should exert maximum punishment, with no expiration date.

I don't understand why nobody targets Richards when we play. I'm completely at a loss. Retaliation BECOMES part of the game when the unintentional turns into intentional.

I'm trying to reserve judgment to some extent because I haven't seen the attempt, and I usually like to have first hand proof, but this is very much in Richards' character. I hate to admit that had he pulled the same in Montreal or Boston or New York he would have a target sign on his helmet. In Montreal people are actually trying to get Chara arrested, what would they do to Richards?

We are a bunch of wussies, especially the coach.

KW is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 11:06 PM
  #121
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowdyHowden93 View Post
It actually makes you great fans. The only problem is you giving this team your money when they lie lie lie to you every single season. Just like when Catfan stood up at the annual meeting and asked Yormark why do you invite other fans to our own building. Yormark lied right to his face. YorMUCK has no clue, and in these bad economic times, I would save my money and watch them on TV. It's not worth all the lies.

Hopefully they do reward the fan base and actually put a winner so you guys can actually go watch some real hockey.
With that being said, and very true mind you, I know I go to games to support my team (players) and not so much Yormark.. We all know that we've been lied to for the past 10 years, but we don't go to support Yormark, Cohen, or Jaques Martin, we go to support the players on the team. I,myself, have been lied to by Yormark and came to the conclusion that he has no real interest in the fans or the team, he's just a saleman.. That's all!! I have confidence in Dale Tallon and although it's hard to be happy when your team loses, I know that it's for the best and come next season I am sure that this team will be a heck of a lot better. I Finally have some hope, hopefully!

Pantherfan12 is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 11:12 PM
  #122
pantherbot
Registered User
 
pantherbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Have you people lost your damned minds?

This imbecilic flame-fest has led to multiple infractions/warnings and intense ill will.

I know I speak for Acadmus & PR when I say that this nonsense will not be tolerated moving forward.

Here's an idea: If you want to be treated like an adult, act like one.
the angry frog has laid the smack down.


pantherbot is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 11:14 PM
  #123
PanthersHockey1
South by Southeast
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Palm Trees
Country: United States
Posts: 6,519
vCash: 500
I wasnt able to watch the game tonight. How did rissmiller look? Did he get ice time? I remember a couple of years ago he played some pretty good hockey with san jose on the third or fourth line there.

PanthersHockey1 is online now  
Old
03-15-2011, 11:36 PM
  #124
KittysGotClaws
We See Red
 
KittysGotClaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N of BB&T
Country: United States
Posts: 2,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
Wonder if there's video available anywhere? I didn't see it but if your description is correct, we should exert maximum punishment, with no expiration date.

I don't understand why nobody targets Richards when we play. I'm completely at a loss. Retaliation BECOMES part of the game when the unintentional turns into intentional.

I'm trying to reserve judgment to some extent because I haven't seen the attempt, and I usually like to have first hand proof, but this is very much in Richards' character. I hate to admit that had he pulled the same in Montreal or Boston or New York he would have a target sign on his helmet. In Montreal people are actually trying to get Chara arrested, what would they do to Richards?

We are a bunch of wussies, especially the coach.
It wasn't blind side, but Booth was going into Beast Mode twice in the final minute to try to tie it (you can tell he takes these games personally - first one out of the tunnel after Vokoun by a good margin, hits hard, etc). He walked through the middle and Richards tried to wipe him out with a huge hit, but I believe Booth just side stepped. Definitely could have been a concussion with direct impact, given Booth's history.

Edit: I also don't understand why nobody targets him. They'd be Booth's new best friend and I'd probably get his jersey lol. The fans seem to not care either - there's no booing when he touches the puck or anything.

KittysGotClaws is offline  
Old
03-15-2011, 11:53 PM
  #125
Haj
#CatsAreComing
 
Haj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittysGotClaws View Post
It wasn't blind side, but Booth was going into Beast Mode twice in the final minute to try to tie it (you can tell he takes these games personally - first one out of the tunnel after Vokoun by a good margin, hits hard, etc). He walked through the middle and Richards tried to wipe him out with a huge hit, but I believe Booth just side stepped. Definitely could have been a concussion with direct impact, given Booth's history.

Edit: I also don't understand why nobody targets him. They'd be Booth's new best friend and I'd probably get his jersey lol. The fans seem to not care either - there's no booing when he touches the puck or anything.
Love watching Booth in beast mode. He has another level he can get to, just need three more players like him.

Haj is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.