HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/15/11 Flyers @ Cats "The return of the Duco!!" 7:30 ET

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2011, 09:48 PM
FinlandPanther

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Hey Laus, Your wife is hot and your kids are beautiful, nice job my man! *jealous*
was about to post the same exact thing, just didn't want to be the only one laus you are one lucky man!

Old
03-15-2011, 09:51 PM
HowdyHowden93*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyPanther85 View Post
So what was this thread about again? Remind me because I'm not sure anymore....
it was a thread made by "Panther fans" in which most of them want their team to lose in order to get a higher draft pick. In that case they aren't fans since they want their team to lose. I am included in that statement I just made.

Old
03-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Southern Hockey

In other news, I've been liking Kulikov's play a lot lately.

He's still not perfect but he's improved in leaps and bounds this season and its encouraging IMO. For a 20 year old defenseman, he's pretty steady.

Old
03-15-2011, 09:57 PM
asleepinthechapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowdyHowden93 View Post
it was a thread made by "Panther fans" in which most of them want their team to lose in order to get a higher draft pick. In that case they aren't fans since they want their team to lose. I am included in that statement I just made.
Being a fan of a team doesn't necessarily translate into always cheering the team on to victory. Rather, those who prefer the Panthers to lose, want what's best for the team in their eyes. I wouldn't claim they aren't fans at all, as you say, it's still "their[our]" team.

Old
03-15-2011, 09:59 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

vCash: 50
Quote:

Old
03-15-2011, 10:00 PM
angry_treefrog
#CatsAreComing

You must have me confused with happy_treefrog...

Have you people lost your damned minds?

This imbecilic flame-fest has led to multiple infractions/warnings and intense ill will.

I know I speak for Acadmus & PR when I say that this nonsense will not be tolerated moving forward.

Here's an idea: If you want to be treated like an adult, act like one.

Old
03-15-2011, 10:04 PM
16Skippy

Quote:
Lol, story of the last couple days.

Old
03-15-2011, 10:09 PM
HowdyHowden93*

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleepinthechapel View Post
Being a fan of a team doesn't necessarily translate into always cheering the team on to victory. Rather, those who prefer the Panthers to lose, want what's best for the team in their eyes. I wouldn't claim they aren't fans at all, as you say, it's still "their[our]" team.
how about we turn that around a little bit and say that winning these game will only help our very young team and give them a winning attitude rather than losing all the time like the Hortons the Bouwmeesters and the Weiss's of the world. Like Tallon and PDB say, Winning is contagious.

there.

Old
03-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Southern Hockey

Quote:
how about we turn that around a little bit and say that winning these game will only help our very young team and give them a winning attitude rather than losing all the time like the Hortons the Bouwmeesters and the Weiss's of the world. Like Tallon and PDB say, Winning is contagious.

there.
I thought you said you wanted to tank?

While your opinion, whatever that is, may differ, you have to realize that: I/we see tanking as a longer term solution which will eventually lead to a winning team in the future.

So it would be prudent to lose now in the short-term, where losing is a foregone conclusion anyway, in order to secure a more encouraging future.

Old
03-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Hey Laus, Your wife is hot and your kids are beautiful, nice job my man! *jealous*
Hilarious. No offense, Laus. You truly have a beautiful family, congrats.

Old
03-15-2011, 10:18 PM
HowdyHowden93*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Hockey View Post
I thought you said you wanted to tank?

While your opinion, whatever that is, may differ, you have to realize that: I/we see tanking as a longer term solution which will eventually lead to a winning team in the future.

So it would be prudent to lose now in the short-term, where losing is a foregone conclusion anyway, in order to secure a more encouraging future.

Nah I want to tank too. But according to all of you, I am a bad fan but we all agree on tanking. Go figure.

Old
03-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Take it easy and relax. If you are really this torqued up all the time you're going to have a heart attack by the time you're 40.

We are the best fans around because we know that the team losing as much as possible is the best thing for this team in the long run, and we endure the losing just because of that.

Old
03-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Southern Hockey

Quote:
Nah I want to tank too. But according to all of you, I am a bad fan but we all agree on tanking. Go figure.
I'd say that sticking around even during such periods of adversity show a great deal of loyalty.

The fact that any of us still have season tickets, let alone watch the games, makes us pretty good fans.

Old
03-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Thanks everyone. Not exactly what was intended, but thanks.

Last edited by Laus723: 03-16-2011 at 05:35 AM.
Old
03-15-2011, 10:27 PM
HowdyHowden93*

Quote:
I'd say that sticking around even during such periods of adversity show a great deal of loyalty.

The fact that any of us still have season tickets, let alone watch the games, makes us pretty good fans.
It actually makes you great fans. The only problem is you giving this team your money when they lie lie lie to you every single season. Just like when Catfan stood up at the annual meeting and asked Yormark why do you invite other fans to our own building. Yormark lied right to his face. YorMUCK has no clue, and in these bad economic times, I would save my money and watch them on TV. It's not worth all the lies.

Hopefully they do reward the fan base and actually put a winner so you guys can actually go watch some real hockey.

Old
03-15-2011, 10:28 PM
HowdyHowden93*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Take it easy and relax. If you are really this torqued up all the time you're going to have a heart attack by the time you're 40.

We are the best fans around because we know that the team losing as much as possible is the best thing for this team in the long run, and we endure the losing just because of that.
I already factored that in. I don't think I will make it to 40, and that's only 16 years away YIKES!

Old
03-15-2011, 10:37 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Gotta' give it up to the organization, piling in the bandwagon Flyers fans again. Drunk in our section called for them to snap Booth's neck at one point. Filthy is a classless organization from the team to the fans.

Speaking of, don't know if people noticed, but Richards went for the career ender on Booth with about 20 seconds left, but he missed. He's the only player in the NHL I wish actual harm to. I wish we had Dubinsky on this team.

Old
03-15-2011, 10:42 PM
HowdyHowden93*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittysGotClaws View Post
Gotta' give it up to the organization, piling in the bandwagon Flyers fans again. Drunk in our section called for them to snap Booth's neck at one point. Filthy is a classless organization from the team to the fans.

Speaking of, don't know if people noticed, but Richards went for the career ender on Booth with about 20 seconds left, but he missed. He's the only player in the NHL I wish actual harm to. I wish we had Dubinsky on this team.
try being a met fan going to a phillies game. Thank god I am a Yankees fan.

GO YANKEES!!!!

Marlins SUCK (sorry Erik)

Old
03-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
In other news, I've been liking Kulikov's play a lot lately.

He's still not perfect but he's improved in leaps and bounds this season and its encouraging IMO. For a 20 year old defenseman, he's pretty steady.
Yeah, he's really looked good, some weird penalties tonight, but he's only getting better. Really hoping he and Gudbranson turn into pure domination in the future!

Old
03-15-2011, 11:00 PM
KW

Quote:

Wonder if there's video available anywhere? I didn't see it but if your description is correct, we should exert maximum punishment, with no expiration date.

I don't understand why nobody targets Richards when we play. I'm completely at a loss. Retaliation BECOMES part of the game when the unintentional turns into intentional.

I'm trying to reserve judgment to some extent because I haven't seen the attempt, and I usually like to have first hand proof, but this is very much in Richards' character. I hate to admit that had he pulled the same in Montreal or Boston or New York he would have a target sign on his helmet. In Montreal people are actually trying to get Chara arrested, what would they do to Richards?

We are a bunch of wussies, especially the coach.

Old
03-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
It actually makes you great fans. The only problem is you giving this team your money when they lie lie lie to you every single season. Just like when Catfan stood up at the annual meeting and asked Yormark why do you invite other fans to our own building. Yormark lied right to his face. YorMUCK has no clue, and in these bad economic times, I would save my money and watch them on TV. It's not worth all the lies.

Hopefully they do reward the fan base and actually put a winner so you guys can actually go watch some real hockey.
With that being said, and very true mind you, I know I go to games to support my team (players) and not so much Yormark.. We all know that we've been lied to for the past 10 years, but we don't go to support Yormark, Cohen, or Jaques Martin, we go to support the players on the team. I,myself, have been lied to by Yormark and came to the conclusion that he has no real interest in the fans or the team, he's just a saleman.. That's all!! I have confidence in Dale Tallon and although it's hard to be happy when your team loses, I know that it's for the best and come next season I am sure that this team will be a heck of a lot better. I Finally have some hope, hopefully!

Old
03-15-2011, 11:12 PM
pantherbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Have you people lost your damned minds?

This imbecilic flame-fest has led to multiple infractions/warnings and intense ill will.

I know I speak for Acadmus & PR when I say that this nonsense will not be tolerated moving forward.

Here's an idea: If you want to be treated like an adult, act like one.
the angry frog has laid the smack down.

Old
03-15-2011, 11:14 PM
PanthersHockey1
South by Southeast

I wasnt able to watch the game tonight. How did rissmiller look? Did he get ice time? I remember a couple of years ago he played some pretty good hockey with san jose on the third or fourth line there.

Old
03-15-2011, 11:36 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
Wonder if there's video available anywhere? I didn't see it but if your description is correct, we should exert maximum punishment, with no expiration date.

I don't understand why nobody targets Richards when we play. I'm completely at a loss. Retaliation BECOMES part of the game when the unintentional turns into intentional.

I'm trying to reserve judgment to some extent because I haven't seen the attempt, and I usually like to have first hand proof, but this is very much in Richards' character. I hate to admit that had he pulled the same in Montreal or Boston or New York he would have a target sign on his helmet. In Montreal people are actually trying to get Chara arrested, what would they do to Richards?

We are a bunch of wussies, especially the coach.
It wasn't blind side, but Booth was going into Beast Mode twice in the final minute to try to tie it (you can tell he takes these games personally - first one out of the tunnel after Vokoun by a good margin, hits hard, etc). He walked through the middle and Richards tried to wipe him out with a huge hit, but I believe Booth just side stepped. Definitely could have been a concussion with direct impact, given Booth's history.

Edit: I also don't understand why nobody targets him. They'd be Booth's new best friend and I'd probably get his jersey lol. The fans seem to not care either - there's no booing when he touches the puck or anything.

Old
03-15-2011, 11:53 PM
Haj
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
It wasn't blind side, but Booth was going into Beast Mode twice in the final minute to try to tie it (you can tell he takes these games personally - first one out of the tunnel after Vokoun by a good margin, hits hard, etc). He walked through the middle and Richards tried to wipe him out with a huge hit, but I believe Booth just side stepped. Definitely could have been a concussion with direct impact, given Booth's history.

Edit: I also don't understand why nobody targets him. They'd be Booth's new best friend and I'd probably get his jersey lol. The fans seem to not care either - there's no booing when he touches the puck or anything.
Love watching Booth in beast mode. He has another level he can get to, just need three more players like him.

Closed Thread