vCash: 50
This loss hurts!

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 10:59 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
ugghh.. this loss feels like when your first real gf dumped your ass in junior high. backlun looked great, bo looked terrible

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 11:03 PM
WhereIsIt
#gift

A couple face palm goals killed us... ugh. We're lucky that Nashville and Dallas lost but we are seriously running out of games here.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Grannys

vCash: 500
We are entering some not so great territory... getting pretty worried.

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Mossy

Coyotes fan coming in peace. I really think you guys will make the playoffs, you may be getting some help with Ericsson going down tonight in Dallas. Gl and hope to see you in the playoffs....just not vs us.

Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 11:15 PM
DouglasQuaid
Blabbed about Mars

Assuming we'll need 96 points to make it (the number they used tonight on TSN), Flames now need 15 of a possible 20. A record of 7-2-1 or 6-1-3. Doesn't look too promising.

DouglasQuaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 11:18 PM
WhereIsIt
#gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasQuaid View Post
Assuming we'll need 96 points to make it (the number they used tonight on TSN), Flames now need 15 of a possible 20. A record of 7-2-1 or 6-1-3. Doesn't look too promising.
Positive outlook: assume we win the 4 against Edmonton and Colorado. A very dangerous assumption and not the type of mindset the players should have, but we don't deserve to make the playoffs if those teams beat us at this point. When you look at it as going 3-2-1 it doesn't look as bad.

It's time to sack up, regardless of the key players we are missing.

Old
03-15-2011, 11:20 PM
tfong

Didn't watch the game, but what happened here? o.O

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 11:35 PM
WhereIsIt
#gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
We played like **** for 43 minutes and then attempted a comeback.

Old
03-15-2011, 11:36 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

**** life. I'm gonna do drink myself to death.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 11:37 PM
PensFreak

Tanguay's shot was downright nasty

PensFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 11:41 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Tough loss! Really that is all there is to say. We played a good 3rd period and a fairly disappointing rest of the game. I really hope the Flames are not running out of gas. Its not over yet, so they need to just regroup and refocus. The 4 combined games against the Avs and the Oil are must wins. For moral reasons the final one against the Canucks I think is a must win as well.

I know Phoenix is a tough team to play against, but the Flames proved to me they are the better team in the 3rd when they play their game against them. I just can't figure out why they came out with such a poor effort like they did tonight. They did deserve to lose tonight and that really sucks. Its now a sprint to the finish and lets hope we have enough horses in the Stampede city to get across the finish line.

On a side note, I thought Backlund looked very good playing with Iggy and Glenner. I think he is the type of player that plays best playing with other skilled players, I hope the coaches learn from this game.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 11:42 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by C For Choke View Post
**** life. I'm gonna do drink myself to death.
Can I hitch a ride, I'm going that way myself?

Old
03-15-2011, 11:50 PM
Backlund

I didn't catch the game but how did Backlund look on the first line?

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 11:56 PM
Dallas Flames Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
We played like ****. Kipper got caught napping and it was over

Dallas Flames Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 12:07 AM
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY

whenever I go to games nowadays they play like s***... The first period seemed like a light skate for the Flames, then of course we get teased with an attempt to a comeback

Svensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 04:24 AM
hao chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Tough loss! Really that is all there is to say. We played a good 3rd period and a fairly disappointing rest of the game. I really hope the Flames are not running out of gas. Its not over yet, so they need to just regroup and refocus. The 4 combined games against the Avs and the Oil are must wins. For moral reasons the final one against the Canucks I think is a must win as well.

I know Phoenix is a tough team to play against, but the Flames proved to me they are the better team in the 3rd when they play their game against them. I just can't figure out why they came out with such a poor effort like they did tonight. They did deserve to lose tonight and that really sucks. Its now a sprint to the finish and lets hope we have enough horses in the Stampede city to get across the finish line.

On a side note, I thought Backlund looked very good playing with Iggy and Glenner. I think he is the type of player that plays best playing with other skilled players, I hope the coaches learn from this game.
Not to take anything away from the Flames, but keep in mind that when the Coyotes have the lead they have a bad habit of trying to sit back and defend the lead instead of playing the way that got them the lead in the first place. It's very frustrating to watch, especially since they're not very good at executing this strategy.

One time they even tried this brilliant strategy in Detroit with a one goal lead and 30 minutes left.

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hao chi View Post
Not to take anything away from the Flames, but keep in mind that when the Coyotes have the lead they have a bad habit of trying to sit back and defend the lead instead of playing the way that got them the lead in the first place. It's very frustrating to watch, especially since they're not very good at executing this strategy.

One time they even tried this brilliant strategy in Detroit with a one goal lead and 30 minutes left.
Understood, and no disrespect to the Coyotes, but the Flames have a more talented team. And when they are playing to their capabilities and play their game they are the better team. I would argue that Phoenix is probably the best coached team in the NHL and they really know how to get other teams off of their game plans, so kudos to Tippet and the coaching staff. I do really like what Yandle and Fiddler bring though.

Old
03-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Kake

Flames fans!?

Have I been really unlucky or is it normal that people watching the Flames game come there late, disturbing everyone who's already watching the game. Some people seem not to be there to watch the game, kissing and taking pictures of themselves while the game is on. Why do some people buy expensive tickets and come there half way through the first period and not watch the game?

Kake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 03:04 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kake View Post
Have I been really unlucky or is it normal that people watching the Flames game come there late, disturbing everyone who's already watching the game. Some people seem not to be there to watch the game, kissing and taking pictures of themselves while the game is on. Why do some people buy expensive tickets and come there half way through the first period and not watch the game?
because like every canadian city most of the ticket prices are driven up by corprate buyers and handed out to ****** bag suits and their plastic wives who could care less about the great game of hockey. The real fans cannot afford tickets.

When I'm there (and I'm lucky to go to a lot of games) I'm never late and I cheer/jeer my ass off. To be honest most flames games are not as bad as you seemed to have observed. This city has the best fanbase in the NHL in porportion to its population IMO. If you want to see something really special, try and land tickets to a playoff game (knock on wood), the dome is insane.

I was at game 3 of the 04 finals with my buddy. 10 minutes before the game we couldn't even talk to one another and we were sitting side by side. It was that freaking loud 10 minutes before the players even took to the ice. One of the most memorable moments of my life...and the flames won 3-0 (something like that)...and Iginla won in a fight against lecavlier!!

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Kake

Good to hear!

What is the best way to get a ticket for a playoff game? How likely is it?

Kake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 03:32 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kake View Post
Good to hear!

What is the best way to get a ticket for a playoff game? How likely is it?
Not likely unless you 'out of this world' overpay or know someone with season tickets. I know of a good website to go for tickets, but at the moment it is slipping my mind...

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Understood, and no disrespect to the Coyotes, but the Flames have a more talented team. And when they are playing to their capabilities and play their game they are the better team. I would argue that Phoenix is probably the best coached team in the NHL and they really know how to get other teams off of their game plans, so kudos to Tippet and the coaching staff. I do really like what Yandle and Fiddler bring though.
Just to dig a bit deeper into your logic...

How can you use one period of a four game season series to conclude the Flames are the better team? Remember, the 'Yotes swept Calgary this year. I think that is far more telling than one period.

I have always been a fan of the Flames, and always will be. But they are not a better team than the 'Yotes. Regardless of how you feel they look on paper.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Signature
Disreputable User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameis19 View Post
Just to dig a bit deeper into your logic...

How can you use one period of a four game season series to conclude the Flames are the better team? Remember, the 'Yotes swept Calgary this year. I think that is far more telling than one period.

I have always been a fan of the Flames, and always will be. But they are not a better team than the 'Yotes. Regardless of how you feel they look on paper.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
I'm putting money on the little asian child. Looks like she's got some inner beast going on in her.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote