HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does it bother you that...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-16-2011, 01:23 AM
  #76
Dr Good Vibes
Registered User
 
Dr Good Vibes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 924
vCash: 500
It's a great time to be a Canuck's fan.

I think the main boards are ridiculously biased towards us, our players, our team and our fans but who cares?

I honestly don't care much about my fan bases reputation on an internet discussion board, because that reputation means squat and because it's already atrocious.

Why get mad at Canucks fans that gloat and enjoy the success we've so rarely experienced? Why don't we just laugh about it. Crack jokes instead of getting into heated, emotional internet debates. It's not only more fun, and less agonizing, it's likely more infuriating for the trolls.

That's the intent of trolls, to agonize, so why not just interact with the trolls as a jester would an angry drunk? Trip him up with riddles, silliness and confusion and then laugh at him while he flounder's in the mud?

If we win the cup, I'm going to troll the main boards so ridiculously hard.

Dr Good Vibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 01:48 AM
  #77
NuxFan09
Registered User
 
NuxFan09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runestone View Post
I really respect Rush22 for explaining his side (and that of others like him) in a calm, lucid manner. His words amount to a handshake or a truce offered. His honesty and candid approach may or may not bear much fruit, but if it makes the affected parties reflect on their actions for a moment and, let bygones be bygones, then this thread will have accomplished something positive. Let's hope it has!
Rush22's posts may look nice and all, but his logic is laughable and it's not just him. It seems like, by HFboards logic, if you've won a Cup you're protected by that and it doesn't matter how good Player X is, if he hasn't won a Cup he's not as good as the player that has a Cup. Winning the Stanley Cup is a TEAM accomplishment. There are certainly players that kick it up an extra notch and that's why we have the Conn Smyth award. However, we keep seeing this dumb argument that Patrick Kane/Jonathan Toews/Ryan Getzlaf/Corey Perry all won a Cup in their first few years in the league so therefor they're better than so and so, as if winning the Cup had everything to do with those players and not their respective teams. I don't lash out against it because I don't agree, I lash out because I've seen it over and over and over again and, quite frankly, it's a little tiring.

I personally don't even care about the Canucks hate. I'm just a sucker for a good, heated debate and always will be. It has nothing to do with yearning for validation. I have those kinds of debates with my friends or my Dad in person so it's not just an internet thing either.

A sports debate is a showcase of pure passion and that's the way it should be.

NuxFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 01:51 AM
  #78
MrJonas
Ekblads of Steel
 
MrJonas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,370
vCash: 500
Know what gets underrated? Not their on ice game, but their leadership. Think about it, since Henrik became captain this season, the Sedin mentality has virtually been permeating this team, and that is a big reason the Canucks have been as good as they have this season. It's often hard for outsiders to know who is a good leader and who isn't, but actually, in this case it is crystal clear what their leadership means for the Canucks. I would even go as far as to say that most people on the main boards are right; the Sedins are not among the top 10 most talented players in the league. However, they sure make up for it with relentless hard work (hello Ovechkin), which makes them all the more likeable.


Last edited by MrJonas: 03-16-2011 at 02:03 AM.
MrJonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 08:19 AM
  #79
Bleach Clean
Moderator
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 16,768
vCash: 500
Underrated is perfect. Let the team do the talking by winning. Let the Sedins do the talking by excelling offensively. None of that gets taken away by poster comments.


I hope the fanbase at some point, after years of good regular and post-season performances, are able to sit back and enjoy player performances without pumping tires. Other fanbases don't care for PR machines. There is no need to flout the Sedins' accomplishment. It's there, and can't be taken away.


The twins just need to go out there and handle their business. The playoffs loom...

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 03:32 PM
  #80
Youreallygotme
Registered User
 
Youreallygotme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 2,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Okay.

I'm going to give an example of why a lot of us have the rep we do:

CalgaryPuck.

I don't have an account there, I don't post there, but sometimes for a laugh I'll go and flip through the GDTs on the days the Canucks have smoked the Flames. You know what I find the single most aggravating thing on that site? It's a magnet for Canucks fan trolls. I've seen PGTs where fully half the posts are Canucks fans rubbing their noses in it.

Also, every year on CDC in the playoffs there are board raids sparked by outraged Canucks fans in righteous fury from having discovered that the other teams actually have websites of their own, and the fans that talk there are under the bizarre impression their team could win.

Look, we all know there are some people here that just simply hate the Canucks and everything to do with them. If (obviously a huge if) our boys can win the Stanley Cup soon, we all know that these people are going bring their venom. There are going to be some Leafs fans who will say: "Oh, good thing Burke built the team" and "Huh you got one puny little Cup. Heyyy, good for you. Get back to us when you have 14 and then maybe we'll respect you and your tiny insignificant team/city/fanbase/dick size". Subtract 9 Cups for Oilers fans. I dunno, Flames fans may just explode altogether or commit suicide or something. The point is, there are some people who are simply never going like or respect us and our team. We've all seen the process at work. "7uongo sucks!!!1! What? He doesn't? There are stats? Well...he's a playoff choker, a diver and he uses illegal pads!!!!!1!!!!" You're never going to get away from it.

I dunno, I guess the way I see things is if you act like a respectful adult, 99 times out of a hundred you'll be treated that way back. The 1/100 times you don't, well, **** 'em.
Quoted for truth and hilarity

Canucks threads on the main board have become just ridiculous. I am honestly starting to understand where other fans are coming from though, because every time the Sedins have a good game there is a new thread.

If and when we win the cup, ok it's time to troll. Who cares at that point? All i remember after the pens won the cup is all those pictures of them hoisting the cup. God I would love those to be Luongo/Sedins pictures

Youreallygotme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 03:40 PM
  #81
Trolt
Registered User
 
Trolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runestone View Post
I really respect Rush22 for explaining his side (and that of others like him) in a calm, lucid manner. His words amount to a handshake or a truce offered. His honesty and candid approach may or may not bear much fruit, but if it makes the affected parties reflect on their actions for a moment and, let bygones be bygones, then this thread will have accomplished something positive. Let's hope it has!
no he's a pretty obvious troll with poorly veiled attempts to conceal it.

That shouldn't bother anyone who once realizes this fact though

Trolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 07:33 PM
  #82
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
Rush22's posts may look nice and all, but his logic is laughable and it's not just him. It seems like, by HFboards logic, if you've won a Cup you're protected by that and it doesn't matter how good Player X is, if he hasn't won a Cup he's not as good as the player that has a Cup. Winning the Stanley Cup is a TEAM accomplishment. There are certainly players that kick it up an extra notch and that's why we have the Conn Smyth award. However, we keep seeing this dumb argument that Patrick Kane/Jonathan Toews/Ryan Getzlaf/Corey Perry all won a Cup in their first few years in the league so therefor they're better than so and so, as if winning the Cup had everything to do with those players and not their respective teams. I don't lash out against it because I don't agree, I lash out because I've seen it over and over and over again and, quite frankly, it's a little tiring.

I personally don't even care about the Canucks hate. I'm just a sucker for a good, heated debate and always will be. It has nothing to do with yearning for validation. I have those kinds of debates with my friends or my Dad in person so it's not just an internet thing either.

A sports debate is a showcase of pure passion and that's the way it should be.
It's no surprise people here don't care about this, they obvious havent seen what other fans are saying.

''Rush22'' isn't being respectful, look at some of the garbage he is saying about our ''sisters'' as he puts it.

Again, I'm not pissed off - it's funny reading these knuckelheads justify how Rick Nash is better than Daniel Sedin at the moment.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 07:34 PM
  #83
R0bert0 Lu0ng0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
It's no surprise people here don't care about this, they obvious havent seen what other fans are saying.
So if I'm following your reasoning, it's impossible to read incorrect statements about the Sedins without "caring" (ie. flipping your lid on a message board)?

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 09:57 PM
  #84
Bleach Clean
Moderator
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 16,768
vCash: 500
The Sedins don't need crusaders. Overt promotion, or dogged defense of them will only lead to hate for them rising. It could end up being a situation representing the Toews hate on this board. Fans of other teams are getting sick of the Chicago prop'ing of this player. It has resulted in a focused hate directly on this player. Now, you are starting to see the results of constant arguments involving Chicago posters about Toews. Its not a good situation moving forward.


No, I'd rather the Sedins fly under the radar. Much better in the long-run.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 02:05 AM
  #85
Trolt
Registered User
 
Trolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
No, I'd rather the Sedins fly under the radar. Much better in the long-run.
same reason i kinda didnt want sedin to win the hart.. so that he wouldn't have draw as much of the defender's attention while quietly dominating

Trolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 02:23 AM
  #86
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolt View Post
same reason i kinda didnt want sedin to win the hart.. so that he wouldn't have draw as much of the defender's attention while quietly dominating
The IQ of coaches and players is quite a bit higher than the posters at HF...

Daniel and Henrik would draw the best the opposition has to offer, hardware or not.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:40 AM
  #87
R0bert0 Lu0ng0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
The Sedins don't need crusaders. Overt promotion, or dogged defense of them will only lead to hate for them rising. It could end up being a situation representing the Toews hate on this board. Fans of other teams are getting sick of the Chicago prop'ing of this player. It has resulted in a focused hate directly on this player. Now, you are starting to see the results of constant arguments involving Chicago posters about Toews. Its not a good situation moving forward.


No, I'd rather the Sedins fly under the radar. Much better in the long-run.
I don't disagree with your statement, but I think you miss the overall point - which is that nothing that anyone says (positive or negative) about any hockey player on this message board has any impact on anything in real life.. except monster_bertuzzi's blood pressure, apparently.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:06 PM
  #88
Bleach Clean
Moderator
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 16,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy View Post
I don't disagree with your statement, but I think you miss the overall point - which is that nothing that anyone says (positive or negative) about any hockey player on this message board has any impact on anything in real life.. except monster_bertuzzi's blood pressure, apparently.

My mistake if that is what is conveyed. It was not my intention. The point was that unnecessary championing of player X on this board tends to grow a negative viewpoint of said player here. The context is localized to this board only (maybe that was unclear). We've seen it happen with players like Toews. Chicago fans come out in full force on HF, for little reason other than to prop their player, and now you have posters from other team's boards going out of their way to attack said player. It breeds nothing good.


In essence, I'd rather not have to face an overt opposition to the Sedins from posters on this board. Better to let them keep doing what they are doing, have posters continually underrate them on HF, rather than have the Toews situation surface.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 01:32 PM
  #89
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,627
vCash: 500
The difference between the hate for Toews is, the kid had yet to break 70 freaking points until this season where he will probably finish with about 80.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 01:34 PM
  #90
VanEric
Registered User
 
VanEric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
The difference between the hate for Toews is, the kid had yet to break 70 freaking points until this season where he will probably finish with about 80.
Yeah but he does everything for the Hawks. Sharp, Kane, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook, they're basically AHL players without him.

VanEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 06:42 PM
  #91
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,627
vCash: 500
Turns out I wasn't the only one.

It is an all out blood bath between haters and Canuck fans at the main boards right now.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 06:48 PM
  #92
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,409
vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
It's no surprise people here don't care about this, they obvious havent seen what other fans are saying.

''Rush22'' isn't being respectful, look at some of the garbage he is saying about our ''sisters'' as he puts it.

Again, I'm not pissed off - it's funny reading these knuckelheads justify how Rick Nash is better than Daniel Sedin at the moment.
I seen what they had to say about the Sedins, I disagree with them but i just simly don't care what they have to say. Think of it that way, I watched hockey since the Sedins break into the NHL, Am I going to trust the other fans who might only watched a few Canucks games in a year? No.

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.