HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

sens store problem

Old
03-15-2011, 10:59 PM
lasereyes26

vCash: 500
sens store problem

so i took my authentic team canada jersey into the sens store to get it customized, and after about a month of not hearing from them i went in and they told me there had been a problem with the "colours bleeding through," and that they wold know more the next day. they callled me back two days later and told me something had been spilled on it, and wanted to know if i wanted to go through with the customizing, i told them no and to send it back. still havent heard from them but has anyone had probs like this before? and know if they would replace the jersey because it was just bought before i sent it away for customizing and in perfect condition.

lasereyes26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 11:14 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
I haven't had this problem...man, this sucks for you...Hope it all works out

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 11:21 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Without getting into the replacement question, my first question would be: was your authentic jersey really "authentic"?

I don't know you, and I'm not trying to offend or make any judgment calls here or accuse you of anything, but colors bleeding or running is a really big warning flag that the jersey isn't legit. It's one of the biggest problems with counterfeit jerseys, ESPECIALLY the newer Olympic ones. I can tell you that I've seen TONS of fakes bleed via heating the jersey (with a heat press, which would be used in customization) or simply washing it.

(Funny story, the store I used to work in would sometimes have people bring their fake jerseys in, demanding a refund from us because the fake jersey they bought from China was a really crappy quality product... but I digress)

If the jersey is for sure legit (which I would assume it is, but like I said, there are a ton of fakes flying around out there), I can't imagine what could have been spilled on it to make the colors run... especially a Nike jersey, which generally have the best construction and fabric these days (compared with RBK's terrible material). I've heard of colors bleeding through on the twill before if they've been sitting in the heat press for too long or if the twill is REALLY crappy quality, but that's usually a problem DURING the cresting process, not before it. There's no way it was just water that would make colors run, maybe a glue solvent (sometimes used in kit repair) or some kind of heavy-duty industrial cleaner?

I suspect that if the jersey was legit and they ruined it, they'd be coughing up the cash for a replacement.

I'm interested, as someone who has seen thousands of jerseys being crested, what the damage is/ what color bleeding looks like on a Nike Jersey. Like I said before, I've never even HEARD of such a thing from Nike. Usually, the only problem I've ever had with them is overpricing their authentics (they're now roughly $400, retail, uncrested), and never carrying enough stock.

Post a pic when you get it back, if you can!

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 11:29 PM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
Without getting into the replacement question, my first question would be: was your authentic jersey really "authentic"?

I don't know you, and I'm not trying to offend or make any judgment calls here or accuse you of anything, but colors bleeding or running is a really big warning flag that the jersey isn't legit. It's one of the biggest problems with counterfeit jerseys, ESPECIALLY the newer Olympic ones. I can tell you that I've seen TONS of fakes bleed via heating the jersey (with a heat press, which would be used in customization) or simply washing it.

(Funny story, the store I used to work in would sometimes have people bring their fake jerseys in, demanding a refund from us because the fake jersey they bought from China was a really crappy quality product... but I digress)

If the jersey is for sure legit (which I would assume it is, but like I said, there are a ton of fakes flying around out there), I can't imagine what could have been spilled on it to make the colors run... especially a Nike jersey, which generally have the best construction and fabric these days (compared with RBK's terrible material). I've heard of colors bleeding through on the twill before if they've been sitting in the heat press for too long or if the twill is REALLY crappy quality, but that's usually a problem DURING the cresting process, not before it. There's no way it was just water that would make colors run, maybe a glue solvent (sometimes used in kit repair) or some kind of heavy-duty industrial cleaner?

I suspect that if the jersey was legit and they ruined it, they'd be coughing up the cash for a replacement.

I'm interested, as someone who has seen thousands of jerseys being crested, what the damage is/ what color bleeding looks like on a Nike Jersey. Like I said before, I've never even HEARD of such a thing from Nike. Usually, the only problem I've ever had with them is overpricing their authentics (they're now roughly $400, retail, uncrested), and never carrying enough stock.

Post a pic when you get it back, if you can!
Isnt' customization stitching and not heat press? I thought they just took your jersey...properly measured the numbers and name...centered it...and stiched it on with a sewing machine?

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 11:37 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
Isnt' customization stitching and not heat press? I thought they just took your jersey...properly measured the numbers and name...centered it...and stiched it on with a sewing machine?
Not if it's done properly.

Poly Twill is a pretty heavy material... simply sewing it on a jersey won't keep it in place over the long haul. Most twill worth it's weight has a heat-activated glue/adhesive on the back. The numbers/ nameplate are cut out in the correct team font, positioned where they should be, and then permanently heat-sealed onto the jersey... the sewing gives it that finished look you expect, and provides extra grip.

Also, the last thing you want is for someone to just lay a piece of material down on your jersey and start sewing, without securing it down first. Twill is very rigid, and jersey fabric clearly isn't (very maleable, foldable, etc...). Sometimes, the pressure of the sewing machine will feed the fabric and twill differently... if the twill wasn't heat-sealed on first, you'd occasionally get crooked numbers, and improper borders.

So yeah, if the guy who did your cresting knows what he's doing, it's heat-sealed, and then stitched.

Old
03-15-2011, 11:43 PM
Kekumba

Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
Sens Store won't stitch it themselves, it'll get sent somewhere. They only do heat press. Unless you already knew that, in which case, forget I said anything.

As for OP, I used to work there, not sure what to tell you. It's sorta beyond their control if they sent it somewhere to be done. I guess it depends what terms are on the sheet you signed when you took it in.

And on second read, you never specified which you were getting done.

Kekumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 11:53 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekumba View Post
Sens Store won't stitch it themselves, it'll get sent somewhere. They only do heat press. Unless you already knew that, in which case, forget I said anything.

As for OP, I used to work there, not sure what to tell you. It's sorta beyond their control if they sent it somewhere to be done.
Yeah, VERY few places actually do their own stitching, most send it to 3rd party cresters who specialize in it. Sens Store sends their pro customization to the same place that Forzani Group does (Forzani Group = Soprts Experts/ Sport Check/ Sport Mart), AND Hockey life does. It's kind of funny actually... if you buy a stitched jersey from ANY of those stores, they all come from the same stitching house.

The Clubhouse does their own stitching and specialize in weird requests (total random players/ jerseys) BECAUSE they do their own stitching... so does (did) "Jerseyed", but I don't know if they even exist anymore. Source For Sports have their own go-to-guy, but I've never looked into it in more detail, so I don't know of the quality. SAM group does their own as well, but charge by the letter/ number instead of a flat rate.

Old
03-15-2011, 11:58 PM
HughJewang

I went to get a name and number put on my jersey a few years ago and after not hearing from them for a few weeks I called to see what was taking so long. Turns out they lost it and had no record of me ever giving/paying them for one. Went through hell to get one back, but it wasn't easy.

HughJewang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 06:30 AM
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt

Never dealt with the Sens Store, but I'd be asking if they could send you an email detailing the problem. That way you have hard-copy evidence of what's been said so they can't change their mind and/or claim you'd misunderstood.

Buck Aki Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 02:39 PM
lasereyes26

well i bought it from sportchek, and was 330 bucks was says its an authentic olympic one, never heard of them selling fake ones, i havent seen the jersey yet though and have heard two different things: one that the colours bled through, and then again that there a "stain"

lasereyes26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 07:56 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 50
I had a problem with the Sens store too, fortunately it was just a matter of the customizers forgetting to stitch on the A on the front. They sent it back and fixed it for me.

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote