HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nashville-Toronto-Montreal

Old
03-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Theman96

vCash: 500
Nashville-Toronto-Montreal

Nashville:
Macarthur
7th Rd Pick(2012 NYR)
Conditional 6th (MTL 2012)
7th Rd Pick 2011(MTL)

Tornto:
Ryan Ellis
Conditional 2nd 2012(Re-signs)

Montreal:
J.P Dumont

The Condition on the montreal 6th is if Dumont scores 20 or more goals next season
Attached Images
File Type: gif nashville_predators_1999.gif‎ (46.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: gif toronto_maple_leafs.gif‎ (7.3 KB, 1 views)

Theman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:37 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Nty from MTL, we don't need his 4M cap hit even if you were giving him for free.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Why the **** would Nashville do that?

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:39 PM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
Why the **** would Nashville do that?
they wouldnt

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Nty from MTL, we don't need his 4M cap hit even if you were giving him for free.
Agreed. With the emergence of Pacioretty (hopefully he is recovered for next year), and the burgeoning chemistry between Eller and Kostitsyn, I don't think we're so desperate for a scoring winger... taking on Dumont would likely imply moving Kostitsyn, and right now I don't make that exchange. I wouldn't take Dumont for free. Even the conditionality on the pick doesn't really help, since if it came at the cost of Kostitsyn as well, even 20 goals from Dumont is no real improvement on what we already have.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:46 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theman96 View Post
Nashville:
Macarthur
7th Rd Pick(2012 NYR)
Conditional 6th (MTL 2012)
7th Rd Pick 2011(MTL)

Tornto:
Ryan Ellis
Conditional 2nd 2012(Re-signs)

Montreal:
J.P Dumont

The Condition on the montreal 6th is if Dumont scores 20 or more goals next season
So Nashville gives up a top prospect, a top 6 winger (granted struggling right now), and the best pick by 4 rounds to get MacArthur, an unsigned RFA winger looking for a big raise? I get that Mac is having a good season, but it is his first good season in the NHL.

Would Toronto trade Kadri for Mason Raymond? He had similar #'s last season to what MacArthur is putting up this year? If your answer is no - it's the same as Nashvilles response to this proposal.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:49 PM
NewEraGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Agreed. With the emergence of Pacioretty (hopefully he is recovered for next year), and the burgeoning chemistry between Eller and Kostitsyn, I don't think we're so desperate for a scoring winger... taking on Dumont would likely imply moving Kostitsyn, and right now I don't make that exchange. I wouldn't take Dumont for free. Even the conditionality on the pick doesn't really help, since if it came at the cost of Kostitsyn as well, even 20 goals from Dumont is no real improvement on what we already have.
Rumor has it, Pacioretty may be back for playoffs. He is scheduled to resume skating MArch 26

NewEraGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:56 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

so does Toronto want us to be the farm team?

you want ellis? pony up Kadri and a first. only way Toronto gets him from poile, who loves the kid.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Vladimir Tarasenko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post

you want ellis? pony up Kadri and a first. only way Toronto gets him from poile, who loves the kid.
lol? Why would Toronto add a 1st to Kadri? It wasn't too long ago when Burke chose Kadri over Ellis and a bunch of other prospects, unless your implying that Ellis has raised his value while Kadri has lowered his, which would not make a-lot of sense tbh

Vladimir Tarasenko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 01:30 PM
NewEraGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir Tarasenko View Post
lol? Why would Toronto add a 1st to Kadri? It wasn't too long ago when Burke chose Kadri over Ellis and a bunch of other prospects, unless your implying that Ellis has raised his value while Kadri has lowered his, which would not make a-lot of sense tbh
Kadri ---> 18 games played = 0 goals! Thats some good elite stuff right there. I would take Ellis over Kadri hands down.

Old
03-17-2011, 01:36 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
I understand taking dumont, but I'd expect you'd have to take a problem of ours too. Otherwise, no point.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 01:38 PM
sgupca

Quote:

Joke of the day

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 01:38 PM
EternallyLeafs
doris

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEraGM View Post
Kadri ---> 18 games played = 0 goals! Thats some good elite stuff right there. I would take Ellis over Kadri hands down.
This means absolutely everything.

EternallyLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 01:47 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Dumont has been playing like absolute garbage, so I'd take that return just to clear up a roster spot for a more deserving prospect. Even if he goes on to do good things with Montreal, that return is more than they got for Ryder.

I don't like the Toronto side, though. Ellis is a risky prospect, certainly, but his upside is still very high. MacArthur would help, but he is not a definitive solution to our scoring woes, and if we're trading Ellis, it has to be for that definitive solution.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC

Quote:
hah, you probably said the same thing about stamkos, shows how unrelevant that is

Ryan English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Vladimir Tarasenko*

Quote:

Ellis ---> 0 games played = Not even in the NHL yet! That's some good elite stuff right there. I would take Kadri over Ellis hands down.

See how ridiculous that sounds?

The fact that you think Kadri, who was chosen 4 spots ahead of Ellis in the 2009 draft, and has dominated the OHL, and a league much more difficult to produce in for a young player (the AHL), and is even getting time in the NHL, has less value then a guy who hasn't even shown what he can do in the AHL, or NHL is just plain ignorant

Old
03-17-2011, 02:32 PM
King Mapes
HF's King

6th and 7th rounders FTW.

This guy is a troll. Started a Phaneuf for Norris thread earlier

King Mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 02:42 PM
Cogburn

Quote:

Ellis ---> 0 games played = Not even in the NHL yet! That's some good elite stuff right there. I would take Kadri over Ellis hands down.

See how ridiculous that sounds?

The fact that you think Kadri, who was chosen 4 spots ahead of Ellis in the 2009 draft, and has dominated the OHL, and a league much more difficult to produce in for a young player (the AHL), and is even getting time in the NHL, has less value then a guy who hasn't even shown what he can do in the AHL, or NHL is just plain ignorant
I'm quoting this next time a Leafs fan bashes Hodgson.

That being said, Nashville has invested alot in Ellis. They don't want to move him, and the package presented doesn't do it for them. That is why there is a hyperbolic demand of Kadri and a 1st. Is that market value? Of course not, but every Leafs fan that says they'd rather have Kadri over Ellis (and props to you), consider Nashville wanting Kadri for Ellis...you'd want more then just straight up, right? He is YOUR guy. You don't want to give him away for a temporary scoring solution, or for the other teams prospect.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 03:03 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
if I remember right, Kadri was a reach when he went that high. And I am not implying anything, I think Ellis is the better prospect. 2nd-3rd line centers are a dime a dozen. Puck moving defenseman with cannons for shots don't grow on trees. But hey, if you like Kadri and the first round pick, good for leaf fans. Maybe burk will get lucky and draft someone that can contribute.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 03:05 PM
NewEraGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternallyLeafs View Post
This means absolutely everything.
Well what else does....he is not even good defensively. I am telling you: HE is a bust. I honestly truly believe that.

Old
03-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Emphatic no form Montreal. You want Spacek or Gomez (lol), we can work something out. Past that, Montreal will not pay for Dumont, and doesn't have the cap space to really eat his contract if you wanted to just dump him on us.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

If the Habs can't find a better winger than Dumont in free agency this offseason, than I'd probably do Spacek for Dumont if Nashville needs a defenseman after July 1st. Don't really see any other way Dumont could come to Montreal on his current contract though.

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 03:28 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

Quote:

I think everyone missed the point of this post.

Ellis won't be traded from Nashville unless there's an overpayment. And rightfully so, they'd be crazy to deal him at this point.

Quote:
Well what else does....he is not even good defensively. I am telling you: HE is a bust. I honestly truly believe that.
I think it's a bit too early to say that. He's only 20.

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Vladimir Tarasenko*

Quote:
if I remember right, Kadri was a reach when he went that high. And I am not implying anything, I think Ellis is the better prospect. 2nd-3rd line centers are a dime a dozen. Puck moving defenseman with cannons for shots don't grow on trees. But hey, if you like Kadri and the first round pick, good for leaf fans. Maybe burk will get lucky and draft someone that can contribute.
Not really.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=281920
This guy has him at 9

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=11908
Pierre and this Button guy had him at 9

http://www.canada.com/sports/2009+mo...608/story.html
this site had him at 9

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2009-NHL-Mock-Draft/
This site had him at 11

So he was picked a couple of spots earlier then what some thought. And if you re-look at those mock drafts, the first one had Ellis at 10, the second one had Ellis at 12, the third one had Ellis at 14, and the fourth one had Ellis at 14, does that mean he was a reach as-well? No.

And what makes Ryan Ellis the better prospect? Honestly, based on what do you think makes him a better prospect then Kadri? Kadri has shown he can succeed @ the OHL level, the WJC, the AHL, and has been average in the NHL, while showing some flashes of great play-making abilities.

Why do you think he can only become a 2nd-3rd line center? Surely the Maple Leaf scouts wouldn't have picked him at 7 if they only thought he could become a 2nd-3rd line center. We all have our opinions but honestly, with the way Kadri has been developing, all indications point that he should be a solid top six forward (Whether it be center or wing), putting up around 60-70 points. IMO that's good for being a 1st liner or at-least a fringe 1st liner.

Old
03-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Buddio
CFC

Quote:
Cause Ellis is lighting it up in the NHL right now right?

Buddio is offline   Reply With Quote