HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kane vs Toews Who will end with more career points

Old
03-16-2011, 06:55 AM
Trapper2530

vCash: 500
Kane vs Toews Who will end with more career points

So i was having a conversation with a guy at work and we were arguing about who would end there career with more points

i know almost everyone will take toews over kane if they could only have one for a full career and I'm sure this has been touched at some point before but im wondering who everyone thinks will end their career with the most points

For reference Kane 292 points in 305 games Toews 262 in 290 games

Trapper2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Spectra
Registered boozer

Kane. Kane is slightly better offensively while Toews is better at everything else.

I see Kane as a 80-100 points/season player in the future, Toews as a 70-90.

Spectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 08:26 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Obviously it will be close as these guys figure to play almost every one of their NHL games on the same line with the same team. I'll give the edge to Kane. These guys aren't even in their prime yet! I see Kane having a few 100 point seasons while Toews holds steady at PPG. If Beach can be the player we all know he can be and join that line, it would help these two pick up a lot of easy points.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 08:43 AM
sedag

They will end their careers on the same day at a shared presser at the UC and will do so with the exact same career point total.

And Lady Gaga will be under the table.

sedag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Suburbanbear

I just don't see Kane having nearly as long of a career as Toews and while I hope I am wrong I don't see him ever having a 100 pt season i think he gets close a lot but never hits it...hope I am wrong.

Suburbanbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Toews > Kane

but Kane is on PPG Pace again.
Kane is better in the offence and will score more points. (with no longer injuries)

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Hawkaholic

HF main boards will tell you that Kane is the better player so he will get the more points in his career. God this board is so stupid sometimes.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
HF main boards will tell you that Kane is the better player so he will get the more points in his career. God this board is so stupid sometimes.
Generic stale played-out intangibles joke

Gootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 02:00 PM
ruggaduck
Duck walking...

Way too early...

ruggaduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Rush22*

Quote:
Kane is the better offensive weapon and I think we will end up with more career points that Jonathan Toews. Toews however is the superior overall hockey player.

There is a reason our entire team looks to give Kaner the puck whenever he is on the ice, because he is the best playmaker we have and is one of the craftiest players in the league in the offensive zone. Toews does all the dirty work and that does not always find the score sheet.

Rush22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 02:08 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush22 View Post
Kane is the better offensive weapon and I think we will end up with more career points that Jonathan Toews. Toews however is the superior overall hockey player.

There is a reason our entire team looks to give Kaner the puck whenever he is on the ice, because he is the best playmaker we have and is one of the craftiest players in the league in the offensive zone. Toews does all the dirty work and that does not always find the score sheet.
Is he though? Kane seems to take games off and throw the puck away at bad times. Not only that, Toews has the better points per game this year and has more goals.

I really don't think Kane is better offensively, if he is, it's by a very slim margin.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Rush22*

Quote:
Is he though? Kane seems to take games off and throw the puck away at bad times. Not only that, Toews has the better points per game this year and has more goals.

I really don't think Kane is better offensively, if he is, it's by a very slim margin.
All you have to do is watch them both play and quit reading the damn stat sheets. I mean everyone argues that Toews is better than people think despite his point production and now you're using the same argument against Patrick Kane.

Toews is a heck of an offensive player who has been on fire of late but Patrick Kane is better at many things when talking about offensive hockey.

I they they both have a great shot, Kane is slightly more accurate though... not by much.

Kane is the better at getting the puck into open space and making plays.

They are both great passers, I would give the edge to Kane as he makes more tape to tape passes in high traffic areas.

Kane is better at changing speeds and being deceptive to beat players and create space, I think Toews might be the faster skater though.

Kane is the best stickhandler on the team and is one of the very best in the NHL.

Toews is more dominant on the puck in high traffic areas and is better along the boards and in front of the net. Toews is better at commanding attention and opening space for his teammates.

Toews is better in breakaway/shootout situations... again Kane is still very good in this regard.

I think once you look at every facet of offensive hockey Kane comes out on top, but it is not a landslide.

Lets just consider ourselves lucky to have both young superstars on our team and not worry about who ends with more career points but how many Cups they can win together in Chicago.

Old
03-16-2011, 03:09 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Kane's passing and creativity is on another level. It's up there with guys like Forsberg. Add in his speed and there's no way to defend him. That's the difference.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Piffle

I think you have to give a long term edge to Kane just because I think he will be more productive in the last half of his career. He plays a style of game that will result in fewer injuries and it also doesn't require as much strength/endurance as the way Toews plays. Think of how broken down Yzerman was at the end of his career. I expect Toews to be like that by his mid 30s because he is a warrior. While Kane isn't a pure perimeter player, he doesn't battle like Toews does, and he doesn't need to to get his points.

Piffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Kane is a better playmaker so he will rack up more assists then Toews in career IMO

I think Toews ends up with more goals , Kane ends up with more assists and pts are close with slight edge to Kane

I expect both to play together for longtime so that should keep there total's close. Kane/Toews have role in each others offense with most of there plays

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 03:59 PM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
the real answer here is whoever stays the most healthy...

I obviously hope for both to have long drawn out awesome healthy careers but we all know otherwise...

ReLyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 04:53 PM
icekoob

Thinking of a team without these two is a bit depressing

icekoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Rush22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekoob View Post
Thinking of a team without these two is a bit depressing
I agree that I could not imagine this team without Toews, the only player I would trade him for would be a healthy Sidney Crosby.

I would trade Kane for a healthy Zach Parise in a heartbeat.