HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Florida Panthers Prospect Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2011, 08:14 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
He was a -2, but yeah.

Also, it seems like McFarland is injured again. He hasn't played the last two games.
McFarland is just getting some rest before the playoffs, since they clinched the division title.

Saginaws twitter:

The Spirit sat out captain Jordan Szwarz, d-man Ryan O'Connor and sniper John McFarland with the team clinching division title last night
12:35 AM Mar 19th via web

Old
03-20-2011, 08:33 AM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Dont want to be overly optimistic, but you can see why some compare Gudbranson to Pronger. The kid is still learning the offensive side of the game, but if it can improve the way it has this year, we may really have a stud on our hands. And the scary thing is, he still has some growing to do in his body. Im very excited thinking we might have the new version of Pronger (Guds) and Markov (Kulikov) leading our defensive core for the next decade.

Old
03-20-2011, 08:52 AM
FlaPanthers7

Just had to post how fantastic a game Sam Brittain played last night in DU's double OT loss to North Dakota in the WCHA finals. First goal was a deflection off his own player's skate (Nick Shore), and second went off Brittain's skate from behind the net, but overall an outstanding game from the freshman. He really looks like he's going to be a gem.

Old
03-20-2011, 07:17 PM
CoolburnIsGone

The NCAA tournament bracket is now set. All 3 of North Dakota, Denver and W. Michigan are in the same Midwest branch so it would appear that we may get a chance to see that North Dakota - Denver rematch soon. But first Denver will faceoff against W. Michigan on the 26th at 4pm and North Dakota faces Rensselaer at 12:30pm.

Minn-Duluth made the tournament as well in the East branch as the #3 seed there. They faceoff against Union on the 25th at 3pm

I believe the regional finals will be on the 27th. Then 2 weeks until the Frozen Four on April 7-9. But I believe all the games will basically be on ESPNU if you have that channel you'll be able to catch all the action.

Old
03-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
The NCAA tournament bracket is now set. All 3 of North Dakota, Denver and W. Michigan are in the same Midwest branch so it would appear that we may get a chance to see that North Dakota - Denver rematch soon. But first Denver will faceoff against W. Michigan on the 26th at 4pm and North Dakota faces Rensselaer at 12:30pm.

Minn-Duluth made the tournament as well in the East branch as the #3 seed there. They faceoff against Union on the 25th at 3pm

I believe the regional finals will be on the 27th. Then 2 weeks until the Frozen Four on April 7-9. But I believe all the games will basically be on ESPNU if you have that channel you'll be able to catch all the action.
Sweetness. Will definitely try to catch these. Are those times Eastern? Cause 4pm and 12:30 are pretty good times for me to watch.

Thanks for the info, as always!

Old
03-21-2011, 06:07 AM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Sweetness. Will definitely try to catch these. Are those times Eastern? Cause 4pm and 12:30 are pretty good times for me to watch.

Thanks for the info, as always!
I think those were local times now that I'm checking. ESPN has the schedule and some of the games are on tape delay for ESPNU. But you can still catch them on ESPN3.com (adjusting for time by 1 hr) or wait for the tape delay on Sunday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/...frozenfoursked

Old
03-24-2011, 03:08 PM
jol

Joonas Donskoi

He will be playing for Team Finland two games against Team Slovak. Games are part of Euro Hockey Challenge and will be played at 4/1 and 4/2.

JOL

Old
03-25-2011, 08:50 PM
FinlandPanther

Quinton Howden with 2 goals after the first period, 1 SH. Gudbranson is a -4 and his team is losing 9-1 with about 18:00 left in the third, his team also got shelled 7-3 yesterday as well and he was a -3. i think it is safe to say kingston misses grubauer because their backup is horrendous.

EDIT: gudbranson has just received a misconduct for elbowing.

Old
03-25-2011, 11:38 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Joe Basaraba and UMD advance to play #1 ranked Yale tomorrow in the regional semifinal, where they will probably lose though.

Old
03-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Holy Jokinen

UND is up 6-0 halfway through the 3rd period. Knight has a powerplay goal and an assist and is a +1. He's also dominated in the faceoff circle, winning 10 of 13.

If anything changes, i'll update.

Old
03-26-2011, 04:10 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Two nice goals by Howden (you can see it on the WHL site) last night.

Gudbranson a -7 in two games. That is bad even with a poor goaltender.

Garrett Wilson had two goals and the OT game-winner for Owen Sound Attack yesterday too. Good start for Wilson!

Last edited by AwesomePanthers: 03-26-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old
03-26-2011, 04:27 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post

Garrett Wilson had two goals and the OT game-winner for Owen Sound Attack yesterday too. Good start for Wilson!
hes awful. his team obviously is not playing well at all, so its not just him.

Old
03-26-2011, 10:04 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

vCash: 50
Really cool video courtesy of the Hockey News on Gudbranson playing this season in the juniors. Interviews with Guds, his brother Alex and Dougie Gilmour. He will be on our team next season and I'm excited to have something to look forward to watching. This kid is a beast and exactly the shot of adrenaline and identity that we need. Cam Fowler who??

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-Kingston.html

Old
03-26-2011, 10:05 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
hes awful. his team obviously is not playing well at all, so its not just him.
Kingston is just overmatched by Oshawa. The Gens finished the season with 88 pts., Kingston had 67. Looks like Christian Thomas is tearing them a new one, he leads all playoff scorer with 7 pts.

Old
03-26-2011, 11:32 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post

LOL I didn't see the update with Gud getting the misconduct for elbowing, but when stuff started going bad, I was like "watch him get another misconduct/suspension" and lo and behold. He's been doing well but he's got to stop being so hotheaded (granted I didn't see the elbow). I understand people say he has great passion etc. and I get being frustrated, but seems like when he gets mad he starts running around and lets his temper get the best of him. He's going to have to watch it with pests like Ott, Avery, and Ruutu in the league when he gets up here. They make their living on guys who get hotheaded.

Old
03-27-2011, 05:50 AM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Joe Basaraba and UMD advance to play #1 ranked Yale tomorrow in the regional semifinal, where they will probably lose though.
Wow you should do opposite predictions from now on...Yale got beat by UMD. But I will admit that half way thru that game Yale's best player got thrown out for a pretty bogus call (suppose head shot but looked like a clean open ice hit and not targeting the head). Yale did try to make it a game in the 3rd but was just too far to come back without their best guy. So UMD is in the Frozen Four and will faceoff against Michigan in 2 weeks.

Denver got by W. Michigan but a 2OT game again. Shore had an assist in the game on the GTG. Brittain was great at times but even then you can see he still needs time to develop. That sets up the rematch with North Dakota but I think Denver just wont have the legs to compete.

Old
03-27-2011, 06:30 AM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Really cool video courtesy of the Hockey News on Gudbranson playing this season in the juniors. Interviews with Guds, his brother Alex and Dougie Gilmour. He will be on our team next season and I'm excited to have something to look forward to watching. This kid is a beast and exactly the shot of adrenaline and identity that we need. Cam Fowler who??

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-Kingston.html
That was great. Thanks for posting

Old
03-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Sidney the Kidney
Epic Collapse

vCash: 3222
Quote:
Kingston is just overmatched by Oshawa. The Gens finished the season with 88 pts., Kingston had 67. Looks like Christian Thomas is tearing them a new one, he leads all playoff scorer with 7 pts.
I'd say it's more a case of Kingston's coaching staff is being overmatched by the Generals. Gilmour may have been a good NHL player, but man does he bite as a coach.

Yeah, Gudbranson's stat line looks horrible thus far. And he certainly hasn't been outstanding by any means. But to truly understand the situation, one has to watch this series.

I cannot believe just how awful Kingston is playing. They're more disorganized than if you got a group of 8 year olds together for a game of hockey, and told them to go out there on the ice and have fun. That's about what Kingston's cohesion looks like right now. You could put Nicklas Lidstrom on that team, and his stat line would look awful considering the mess he's surrounded with.

Unless Kingston decides to show some sack in these next two games, I think Gudbranson will be joining the Panthers' AHL affiliate by the end of the week (assuming he's allowed to sign some sort of amateur tryout deal with them, since he isn't signed by the Panthers).

Old
03-27-2011, 04:19 PM
CoolburnIsGone

If anyone is interested in watching, Denver and North Dakota game starts in 15 mins on ESPNU. Drew Shore, Sam Brittain and John Lee vs Corbin Knight and Derrick Lapoint....Part 2! Winner goes to the Frozen Four and they'll face the winner of the New Hampshire v. Notre Dame game later tonight.

Old
03-27-2011, 04:26 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
If anyone is interested in watching, Denver and North Dakota game starts in 15 mins on ESPNU. Drew Shore, Sam Brittain and John Lee vs Corbin Knight and Derrick Lapoint....Part 2! Winner goes to the Frozen Four and they'll face the winner of the New Hampshire v. Notre Dame game later tonight.
Thanks i had no idea, now I will be watching!

Old
03-27-2011, 05:35 PM
FinlandPanther

Erik with his first goal of the playoffs on the PP.

EDIT: Add an assist as well.

Last edited by FinlandPanther: 03-27-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old
03-27-2011, 07:23 PM
BabyJagrov

A goal and two assists in a 5-4 loss for Erik Gudbranson... They made a late come-back but it was already too late !

The kid was also a +2 which puts him at -5 in three playoffs games. Frontenacs are losing the series 3-0.

Can't wait to see him in a regular season game with our Panthers ! Erik is the man !

Old
03-27-2011, 07:43 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
A goal and two assists in a 5-4 loss for Erik Gudbranson... They made a late come-back but it was already too late !

The kid was also a +2 which puts him at -5 in three playoffs games. Frontenacs are losing the series 3-0.

Can't wait to see him in a regular season game with our Panthers ! Erik is the man !
i can't wait for the future, this kid looks like a stud. He's showing that people were wrong about thinking he is just a shutdown D. Kulikov,Gudbranson,Petrovic, and Ellerby on D. Bjugstad,Howden,Shore,and hopefully Hopkins or Couturier and the Prince Markstrom.

Old
03-27-2011, 09:42 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Wow you should do opposite predictions from now on...Yale got beat by UMD. But I will admit that half way thru that game Yale's best player got thrown out for a pretty bogus call (suppose head shot but looked like a clean open ice hit and not targeting the head). Yale did try to make it a game in the 3rd but was just too far to come back without their best guy. So UMD is in the Frozen Four and will faceoff against Michigan in 2 weeks.
Well, Yale was the #1 ranked team in the NCAA.

Quote:
Denver got by W. Michigan but a 2OT game again. Shore had an assist in the game on the GTG. Brittain was great at times but even then you can see he still needs time to develop. That sets up the rematch with North Dakota but I think Denver just wont have the legs to compete.
That was definitely the worst game I've seen Brittain play. He was shaky early on, then got better about halfway through the game, but then regressed again. Today he was really good, but he didn't get much help from his teammates. It was a superb freshman season for him though, I think he has a bright future ahead of him.

Old
03-28-2011, 06:25 AM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Well, Yale was the #1 ranked team in the NCAA.
I know...just funny that 3 of the #1 seeds in the tournament were ousted early (BC, Miami, & Yale). And with any NCAA tournament, I would never say a #1 team in the nation isnt ripe for an upset as thats been shown time and time again.
Quote:
That was definitely the worst game I've seen Brittain play. He was shaky early on, then got better about halfway through the game, but then regressed again. Today he was really good, but he didn't get much help from his teammates. It was a superb freshman season for him though, I think he has a bright future ahead of him.
Yeah but I saw things in both games that I like about Brittain. I think its just been a lot of work for him this yr and he's held up pretty well, considering everything. If you told me at the start of this yr that he'd have won 19 games, I wouldve said you're crazy. He's got time to keep working on his game and that'll be good for him and us.

Closed Thread