HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '11 – Canada

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Drij

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
Expected much more from Matt Duchene .....
7 points in 7 games last WC
0 points in 7 games in this tournament

Injury, prehaps?
hmm maybe, He was playing hurt near the end of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangMustGo View Post
The players are not the problem, it seems like Hitchcock was the problem. How do you play your best offensive weapon who has been playing great for the duration of the WC for less than 13 minutes a game? It would be good for Canada to have a legitimate star in the net, but they still had as much talent as any country this year.
They had talent, but not proven talent.

Old
05-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

Disappointing result. Still upset about it. I think a lot of players are taking unfair flak (Phaneuf, Spezza) and I think that players that could be blamed aren't getting any attention (Burns, Neal, Nash.) With that said we didn't get much help in goal, the team just didn't seem to gel overall this game and the loss was a team effort. There's no one player you can single out and say it was their fault we lost. Maybe it was a coaching problem, but ultimately we just didn't bring it. Make up whatever excuse you want, but this team should have won with the talent that was there.

Old
05-12-2011, 10:12 PM
glue

I'm definitely disappointed with the loss, that being said I'm not sure why so many folks were surprised with this loss. Canada even though they managed to win all their games, almost all the games were very close and canada looked like they were struggling to finish/score (except the 9-1 win). Their PP was pretty bad as well througout. Hitchcock insisted on giving the veterans more ice team instead of the players who were playing the best. It still boggles me how he doesn't put in Eberle more near the end of the Russia game (he's proven he's good in those situations more than once) and of course Tavares who was dominant in this tournament.

Closed Thread