HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official 2011 Habs Board (Annual) Mock Draft

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2011, 05:32 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
I don't pick until 45 or thereabouts so this should give me some extra time to brush up on my later-round knowledge

Old
04-18-2011, 06:09 PM
HomaridII

I am still on board

Old
04-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Habsfan18

1 week away guys!

Also, to anyone reading the thread: We may need some back-up posters in case one or more of the current members drop out or miss their picks. If you're interested, let me know.

Old
04-20-2011, 10:46 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

With the 29th overall pick, the Washington Cap...

Oh, what? Too soon? Goddamit, come on Apr. 27 hurry the F up.

Old
04-21-2011, 07:42 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post

With the 29th overall pick, the Washington Cap...

Oh, what? Too soon? Goddamit, come on Apr. 27 hurry the F up.
lmao i lol'd out loud in the via rail train man lol

Can't wait for the 27th!

Old
04-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Habsfan18

Hey guys,

We don't officially begin until Wednesday, but if Edmonton wants to go ahead and start early it's up to them.

Remember:

- Please include a GM/Scout quote with your pick
- Please PM the next poster

Old
04-24-2011, 06:57 PM
pine*

First of all, the Edmonton Oilers would like to thank Habsfan18, the Minnesota Wild organisation along with the city of Minnesota for their hospitality and their hard work in preparation of this very day. To our fans back home in Edmonton and across the world, we salute you and we hope you are excited as we are for the Oilers future.

Without further ado, the Edmonton Oilers are proud to select with the 1st overall pick of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, out of Skellefteå, Sweden, defenseman Adam Larsson.

"We believe that Adam Larsson is the perfect fit for our organisation. With core players such as Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle already in the system, a franchise cornerstone defenseman is exactly what we were looking for. Adam Larsson, whose play has already drawn comparisons to Nicklas Lidstrom, possesses an incredible combination of size and skill and we believe he will be able to contribute to our hockey club immediately."

*next GM will be PM'd in the next few minutes.

Old
04-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

<3 WTFPineapple

Good on ya for getting the ball rolling early! Maybe we'll actually get to my pick on "starting" day now! Just wondering though... anyone else think it might be a good idea to start a new thread so it can be kept "clean" and easy to search and we can keep the OP updated, etc?

Old
04-24-2011, 07:19 PM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 483
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
Damn it. I would have loved to do this.

Question can picks be traded?

Old
04-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
Damn it. I would have loved to do this.

Question can picks be traded?
No. Just turns it into NHL2010 GM fantasy nonsense, and distracts from/slows down going through the thought exercise of trying to balance BPA with team need (which I think is the most interesting part of a mock draft).

Old
04-24-2011, 08:37 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings

We would like to thank Habsfan18 for all his hard work in putting this draft together. Without a dedicated user like him, this could not be possible, run smoothly and be as fun and successful as it is. We would also like to thank the city of Minnesota, the Wild organization for their hospitality. To our fans in Colorado, we are excited to make this selection to not only be a contender next season but each subsequent season.

With the 2nd selection in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Colorado Avalanche organization is very very proud to select from the Red Deer Rebels of the WHL, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

It is our honour to pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. A fierce competitor in all three zones, a flawless vision, a wicked offensive arsenault along with hockey sense that just can't be taught. We believe with Duchene already blossoming into a top offensive threat and Erik Johnson patrolling the blueline, we have the makings of a team that can get it done all over the ice, producing offence and thwarting attempts against our own goal. This pick excites us greatly

Next GM will be PMed.

Last edited by WeThreeKings: 04-24-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old
04-24-2011, 08:40 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

We would like to thank Habsfan18 for all his hard work in putting this draft together. Without a dedicated user like him, this could not be possible, run smoothly and be as fun and successful as it is. We would also like to thank the city of Minnesota, the Wild organization for their hospitality. To our fans in Colorado, we are excited to make this selection to not only be a contender next season but each subsequent season.

With the 2nd selection in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Colorado Avalanche organization is very very proud to select from the Red Deer Rebels of the WHL, Riley Nugent-Hopkins

It is our honour to pick Riley Nugent-Hopkins. A fierce competitor in all three zones, a flawless vision, a wicked offensive arsenault along with hockey sense that just can't be taught. We believe with Duchene already blossoming into a top offensive threat and Erik Johnson patrolling the blueline, we have the makings of a team that can get it done all over the ice, producing offence and thwarting attempts against our own goal. This pick excites us greatly

Next GM will be PMed.
The player you pick is defaulted to whoever first points out that you mis-spelled the guy's name.

So thanks, brah.

Old
04-24-2011, 08:44 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

I blame EHM. That's all I will say. Signing a prospect with the name Riley while doing a draft..

Old
04-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:

The Florida Panthers would like to thank Habsfan18, the Minnesota Wild organization and the city of Minnesota for their hospitality and their tremendous work in getting all of this up and running. To our fans in Florida and across the world, we say hello and salute all of you watching. We are very excited in making this pick, to help our franchise and help build its future.

With the 3rd selection in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Florida Panthers organization is very pleased to select from the Kitchener Rangers of the OHL, Gabriel Landeskog!

"We truly believe that Gabriel Landeskog fits are organization's needs. He brings a great two way presence to our team, and also adds that physicality and grit that the Panthers organization is looking for. He is currently being compared to Jonathan Toews, which is also an up-side. He is truly a one of a kind player, a Swedish born hockey player that plays a true North American game. With leadership qualities in his blood, we believe he has the ability to captain and lead our franchise in the future."

*Next GM HAS been sent a PM.

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 04-24-2011 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Edit as requested by Ohashi.
Old
04-24-2011, 09:19 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Awesome to see the picks rolling in! Just a small request though. Instead of adding the "Next GM will be PMed" part, can we have people adding "Next GM has been PMed" (or similar) AFTER the PM is actually sent? I know it could mean coming back in and doing an edit (unless you use multiple tabs), but sometimes stuff comes up all of a sudden (some of you have kids, dogs, weak bladders, coke habits, whatever) and we'd never really know if you did get around to sending that PM or not.

Cheers all.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

We would like to thank Habsfan 18 for his hard work in organizing this. To the gracious city of Minnesota for hosting this draft and to our fans.

The New Jersey Devils are proud to select... From the QMJHL...of the Drummondville Voltiguers... Sean Couturier

Sean is a tremendously skilled centre with a big frame who will help add great depth to our centre position as we look to next year to climb back into a playoff contender. His big frame needs a little filling out, but we feel he will be a consistent contributor to our team for years to come.

I apologize to all. My freakin' net went down for 5, 6 days. Next GM has been pmed.

Last edited by Analyzer: 04-25-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old
04-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Hey Sean, you get to that red line and you better dump that puck kid!

Old
04-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
A fierce competitor in all three zones, a flawless vision, a wicked offensive arsenault along with hockey sense that just can't be taught.
Are you French much? It's spelled arsenal.

Old
04-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Habitants

nice start!

yes we need new thread with master post at top, including full draft order and picked players

Old
04-25-2011, 12:18 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Are you French much? It's spelled arsenal.
Shhh, my thinly veiled attempt at becoming brethren with the french posters who've me pegged all wrong.

Old
04-25-2011, 12:32 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Shhh, my thinly veiled attempt at becoming brethren with the french posters who've me pegged all wrong.
And in your defense, we do have a sh** tonne of Arsenaults out this way, don't we.

Old
04-25-2011, 12:54 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
nice start!

yes we need new thread with master post at top, including full draft order and picked players
I can start a new thread if you guys really want me to, but I didn't think it was necessary since I always keep the original post updated with the results.

Old
04-25-2011, 01:20 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post

Without further ado, the Edmonton Oilers are proud to select with the 1st overall pick of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, out of Skellefteå, Sweden, defenseman Adam Larsson.
Adam Larsson is the first European to be drafted first overall since Alexander Ovechkin in 2004 and is the first Swedish to be drafted first overall since Mats Sundin in 1989.

Old
04-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Adam Larsson is the first European to be drafted first overall since Alexander Ovechkin in 2004 and is the first Swedish to be drafted first overall since Mats Sundin in 1989.
Has it ever happened that two Swedes went top 3?

Old
04-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Has it ever happened that two Swedes went top 3?
1999 Sedin twins #2 and 3

Edit. Never mind, I think you were asking about this pool lol

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 04-25-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Closed Thread