HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

2011-2012 CIS Recruits

Old
10-10-2011, 08:54 AM
STUTOMMIES

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS Fan View Post
Last time I looked, he was still with Manchester, but didn't play last night either.
I see he is on Machester's roster at their website but he isn't on the AHL's. No information on a contract for him either.

STUTOMMIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 09:50 AM
AUS Fan

My thought on him is that he might be their last cut and would go to the Coast in the hope that he will get called up at some time.

AUS Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 05:22 PM
RED ARMY EAST

Unb

Chad Denny is on campus and practiced with the V-Reds today.
The question will be, can he play the first half or must he wait until January.
UNB already boasts the best defense in the country and are overloaded on the back end, coach Macdougal may use his size and toughness on the wing and in front of the net.

RED ARMY EAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 05:27 PM
RED ARMY EAST

Mignardi

Quote:
My thought on him is that he might be their last cut and would go to the Coast in the hope that he will get called up at some time.
According to a friend of Mignardi's, he has all intentions of playing pro, but if he doesn't land a contract, he was leaning towards SMU.

Old
10-11-2011, 06:00 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED ARMY EAST View Post
Chad Denny is on campus and practiced with the V-Reds today.
The question will be, can he play the first half or must he wait until January.
UNB already boasts the best defense in the country and are overloaded on the back end, coach Macdougal may use his size and toughness on the wing and in front of the net.
From what I could find the last Denny played was 5 games for Utah of the ECHL last year. He was released from his contract 11/3/2010. So I guess he would be eligible to play 11/3/2011 at the very latest. http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=12386

UNB Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 06:51 PM
VRedsRule

Denny has been in town for awhile. He is eligible this term.

VRedsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 08:30 PM
RED ARMY EAST

Denny

He suffered from back problems last year and was limited to a hand full of games.

Old
10-12-2011, 08:49 AM
FreddtFoyle

Chad Denny was announced as UNB's latest recruit in today's Daily Gleaner: UNB adds Denny to deep 'D'

FreddtFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 11:38 AM
AUS Fan

The Rich get Richer...

Old
10-12-2011, 01:35 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Anyone know when the Gleaners AUS Preview comes out?

Old
10-12-2011, 02:22 PM
FreddtFoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
Anyone know when the Gleaners AUS Preview comes out?
Friday I believe.

Old
10-12-2011, 04:03 PM
gleanerguy

Friday it is.

gleanerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 09:17 PM
RED ARMY EAST

Smu

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUTOMMIES View Post
I see he is on Machester's roster at their website but he isn't on the AHL's. No information on a contract for him either.
Mignardi is not showing on Manchesters roster. I don't see him on another minor pro roster (ECHL/Central,etc).
SMU bound?

Old
10-14-2011, 08:16 AM
FreddtFoyle

Preview Friday

AUS, OUA West, and Canada West hockey previews are now posted on http://www.cisblog.ca.

The annual, must-read AUS preview/scouting report by Bruce Hallihan is a pullout section in today's Daily Gleaner. Even if you don't normally get the paper, you should buy a copy today.

Old
10-14-2011, 03:17 PM
AUS Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED ARMY EAST View Post
Mignardi is not showing on Manchesters roster. I don't see him on another minor pro roster (ECHL/Central,etc).
SMU bound?
Not for this term. Let's wait and see where he ends up if not in the AHL.

Old
10-14-2011, 06:38 PM
gleanerguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddtFoyle View Post
AUS, OUA West, and Canada West hockey previews are now posted on http://www.cisblog.ca.

The annual, must-read AUS preview/scouting report by Bruce Hallihan is a pullout section in today's Daily Gleaner. Even if you don't normally get the paper, you should buy a copy today.
As well done as ever...Hallihan and graphics artist Eli White do an outstanding job. Great read.

gleanerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:46 AM
STUTOMMIES

Quote:
Not for this term. Let's wait and see where he ends up if not in the AHL.
The Los Angeles Kings recalled defenseman Slava Voynov from the Monarchs, who also signed right wing Rob Mignardi to an amateur tryout agreement. Voynov, 21, has not played in the NHL. In two games with Manchester this season, he registered one goal and one assist. Voynov was selected in the second round (32nd overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.

Mignardi, 21, has not played in the AHL. The forward tallied 61 points (30 goals, 31 assists) in 68 games with the Ontario Hockey League’s Owen Sound Attack during the 2010-11 season.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...ORTS/710179989

Old
10-17-2011, 11:53 AM
AUS Fan

Thanks for the update.

Old
11-26-2011, 01:37 AM
lakeheadu

I just read that a "source" says that Lakehead will be adding an impact forward around Christmas. They claim that the player is currently in the ECHL.

I'm wondering what the rules are in terms of eligibility. If they do get this player, would he be eligible to play this season or would he have to wait until the start of the 2012 season?

lakeheadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 06:27 AM
thook

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeheadu View Post
I just read that a "source" says that Lakehead will be adding an impact forward around Christmas. They claim that the player is currently in the ECHL.

I'm wondering what the rules are in terms of eligibility. If they do get this player, would he be eligible to play this season or would he have to wait until the start of the 2012 season?
My guess is kale kerbashian. He is playing in the echl and Joel talked about him last year as a guy he was interested in. I know he wanted to take a shot at the pros but it didn't work out for him in the ahl. As for elegebility.... Lakehead has done some of their best recruiting like this and I believe as long as they are done playing pro before the end of the year.... And they are fresh out of junior last season, there is no issue with a start at Christmas. They just have to wait for the first semester to finish.

thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 07:02 AM
STUTOMMIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by thook View Post
My guess is kale kerbashian. He is playing in the echl and Joel talked about him last year as a guy he was interested in. I know he wanted to take a shot at the pros but it didn't work out for him in the ahl. As for elegebility.... Lakehead has done some of their best recruiting like this and I believe as long as they are done playing pro before the end of the year.... And they are fresh out of junior last season, there is no issue with a start at Christmas. They just have to wait for the first semester to finish.
As long as he doesn't play a game of pro hockey after Dec. 31st, he is eligible to start playing next half. All of his pro games won't count because he is a 1990 born player. He will be good to go in January.

Old
11-26-2011, 12:45 PM
lakeheadu

Thanks for the clarification. And yes, Kerbashian was the first name that came to mind for me as well. Let's hope we're right!

edit- I see that Kerbashian hasn't played in over 3 weeks due to injury. I haven't been able to find any info on what the injury is

Last edited by lakeheadu: 11-26-2011 at 01:13 PM.
lakeheadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 04:32 PM
SP Saskatuned

Here's maybe a bit of a scoop (?):
You can expect big Geordie Wudrick, the former third-round NHL Draft pick who scored 43 goals last season with the WHL's Kelowna Rockets, to join the UNB Varsity Reds after Christmas. Wudrick, formerly of the Swift Current Broncos and Rockets, had been playing pro hockey in Germany before returning home earlier this month.
Apparently, Wudrick had been actually "kicking some tires" out here in Saskatoon, still willing to possibly stay out West, before his parents convinced him to honor his commitment to UNB.
In the meantime, with little or nothing left on reserve at the forward position, the U of S Hockey Dogs are still hoping to add a pair up front at Christmas time.

Last edited by SP Saskatuned: 11-27-2011 at 05:20 PM.
SP Saskatuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 05:09 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Saskatuned View Post
Here's maybe a bit of a scoop (?):
You can expect big Geordie Wudrick, the former third-round NHL Draft pick who scored 43 goals last season with the WHL's Kelowna Rockets, to join the UNB Varsity Reds after Christmas. Wudrick, formerly of the Swift Current Broncos and Rockets, had been playing pro hockey in Germany before returning home earlier this month.
According to U of S head coach Dave Adolph, Wudrick had been actually "kicking some tires" out here in Saskatoon, still willing to possibly stay out West, before his parents convinced him to honor his commitment to UNB.
In the meantime, with little or nothing left on reserve at the forward position, the U of S Hockey Dogs are still hoping to add a pair up front at Christmas time.
Interesting news to say the least. Any reason in particular why he came back to Canada? He had 9 points in 14 games over there so he seemed to be holding his own.

Old
11-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Rob

Huge news if true.

Rob is online now   Reply With Quote