HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/17/11 "Take It Or Leaf It" - Maple Leafs VS Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Boooooth10

vCash: 500
FSN with tech difficulties. What else is new?

Old
03-17-2011, 06:04 PM
HowdyHowden93*

I thought Dadonov and Matthias were coming back for this game. Whats the time line with those two, I actually want to watch a talented hockey player, Dadonov come back!!!

Old
03-17-2011, 06:05 PM
HowdyHowden93*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
How do you see the Jays doing this year ? I've been a big fan of them for a longtime, same with the Raptors, but got out of NBA and MLB the last few years.

I love Bautista though, and I would love the Panthers to find the equivalent gem in hockey free agency this year... I'm dreaming !
Go Yankees

Old
03-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowdyHowden93 View Post
I thought Dadonov and Matthias were coming back for this game. Whats the time line with those two, I actually want to watch a talented hockey player, Dadonov come back!!!
Dads should be back next game.

Old
03-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
I haven't watched Raps this year but for the Jays.. meh... so-so. .500 team probably. You'd have to be insane to think Bautista will repeat the same numbers (still could be a 30 hr guy) but also Lind and Hill should have bounceback years. Good speed with Davis now. The pitching is a massive question mark. Romero is the new number 1 but the whole rotation is all young guys since they lost their ace. Losing Marcum adds stress and pressure to Romero but, as you can tell by my avatar, I'm a huge Romero fan. Morrow is a pitcher who I think can really breakout this year, though. It was seen during his 17 K game that he has tremendous potential. It'll be tough sending Lawrie back, he's been superb during Spring Training but there really isn't room. Snider is someone I am iffy about either way, he hasn't shown much yet but the potential is definitely there.

My prediction is: 82-80. Rays are going to fall back after losing a few guys but the Red Sox improved dramatically. Yankees might be a little worse as they get older but those 2 teams still could be powerhouse teams. Jays do have a farm system ranked about 5-7 (we were 28th when AA took over 18 months ago). So the future does look bright. But not this year.
This is obviously off-topic, but I don't think the Red Sox improved dramatically. I also don't think the Yankees got any worse.

Regarding the Blue Jays, they can be a sleeper team this year if things go right. Morrow is a stud in the making and Drabek is a top prospect, so you never know. There's also a lot of depth in that bullpen, although it might be too right-handed, but still. In the lineup, I think Edwin Encarnacion can hit 30+ HR's if given more AB's. He has power. The team, in general, has a lot of power.

Old
03-17-2011, 06:45 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
This is obviously off-topic, but I don't think the Red Sox improved dramatically. I also don't think the Yankees got any worse.

Regarding the Blue Jays, they can be a sleeper team this year if things go right. Morrow is a stud in the making, and Drabek is a top prospect, so you never know. There's also a lot of depth in that bullpen, although it might be too right-handed, but still. In the lineup, I think Edwin Encarnacion can hit 30+ HR's if given more AB's. He has power. The team, in general, has a lot of power.
I'm not saying Yanks will be worse, per se, just saying they will be older. That could lead to a worse team. Guys like Jeter aren't what they used to be. I'm not sold on their SP, either, aside from CC obviously. Strong bullpen, though, especially since they added Soriano.

As for the Sox, they added Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez. If Ells is healthy (not sure what the word is) they could be one hell of a team. They need Beckett to bounceback though.

I agree alot of power. They did last year, too. But their AVG is awful. How many homeruns with nobody on last year? I agree with Morrow, what a huge steal of a trade. Drabek is a top prospect but a. he will get shutdown early and b. he is still a prospect. Doubtful he comes in and is good right away. Hell, Halladay went back to the minors early on, remember? The Pen is stronger but already 2 guys down. But a few options for closer for sure.

Old
03-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Boooooth10

Carter is ****ing awesome.

Old
03-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Erick

Yeah, I do like Ryan Carter.

Old
03-17-2011, 06:48 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Wow, Carter just destroyed that guy.

Old
03-17-2011, 06:48 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Starting to like Carter, Boyce didn't pay attention there.

Old
03-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
I'm not saying Yanks will be worse, per se, just saying they will be older. That could lead to a worse team. Guys like Jeter aren't what they used to be. I'm not sold on their SP, either, aside from CC obviously. Strong bullpen, though, especially since they added Soriano.

As for the Sox, they added Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez. If Ells is healthy (not sure what the word is) they could be one hell of a team. They need Beckett to bounceback though.

I agree alot of power. They did last year, too. But their AVG is awful. How many homeruns with nobody on last year? I agree with Morrow, what a huge steal of a trade. Drabek is a top prospect but a. he will get shutdown early and b. he is still a prospect. Doubtful he comes in and is good right away. Hell, Halladay went back to the minors early on, remember? The Pen is stronger but already 2 guys down. But a few options for closer for sure.
Regarding the Yanks, their SP sucked last year too, and they still won games. Obviously the loss of Pettite hurts, but their bullpen additions will help. I'd expect around the same amount of wins. Maybe a little less; we probably agree, just wording it differently.

The Red Sox should be better because they're healthier, but the production they're getting from Crawford/A-Gon in the lineup...remember most of that is just to replace the departures of Victor Martinez and Adrian Beltre's great year last year.

As for the Jays and team batting average, a lot of batting average has to do with luck. I don't like paying attention to batting average. Aaron Hill is a great example. He had a .BABIP under .200 last year. No way that happens, again. They had certain hitters underachieve last year. Bautista had a career year, but unlike some baseball people, I don't believe he's a fluke. I believe he changed his stance and has become a different hitter. All in all, I like the Jays lineup. I think it has the potential to be very productive.

Old
03-17-2011, 06:53 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
Wow, Carter just destroyed that guy.
And then he laughed at him.

Old
03-17-2011, 06:54 PM
mapes

Do you guys have a stream other than atdhe? Their logo is blocking the time and it's annoying

Old
03-17-2011, 06:57 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Great play Ellerby!

Old
03-17-2011, 06:59 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Regarding the Yanks, their SP sucked last year too, and they still won games. Obviously the loss of Pettite hurts, but their bullpen additions will help. I'd expect around the same amount of wins. Maybe a little less; we probably agree, just wording it differently.

The Red Sox should be better because they're healthier, but the production they're getting from Crawford/A-Gon in the lineup...remember most of that is just to replace the departures of Victor Martinez and Adrian Beltre's great year last year.

As for the Jays and team batting average, a lot of batting average has to do with luck. I don't like paying attention to batting average. Aaron Hill is a great example. He had a .BABIP under .200 last year. No way that happens, again. They had certain hitters underachieve last year. Bautista had a career year, but unlike some baseball people, I don't believe he's a fluke. I believe he changed his stance and has become a different hitter. All in all, I like the Jays lineup. I think it has the potential to be very productive.

Ahh another BABIP guy. Under .200 shows incredible bad luck. I, too, pay attention to that and somewhat agree. But look at Carlos Pena. Nothing to do with luck, it's homerun or bust with him. Reynolds is the same. Some guys do have bad luck, others good luck and others just can't hit for AVG. I actually hadn't realized Hill had a BABIP under 200. I feel like trying to trade for him now in my fantasy league

EDIT: Forgot they lost Vmart. Carry on.

Old
03-17-2011, 07:00 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Great play Ellerby!
Agreed; he seems like a more confident player when he's paired with Kulikov.

Old
03-17-2011, 07:00 PM
snipes007

What crummy ad placement. A Geico ad after announcing the death of a Panther scout in a car accident. I'm shaking my head at that one.

Old
03-17-2011, 07:02 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Was he a Panthers scout?

We are gonna win this game, if the Leafs aren't stepping up soon..

Old
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
So close repik.. nice hands.

Old
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Thank goodness Booth is keeping his head up lately. Phaneuf could've killed him.

Old
03-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Erick

DUCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Phaneuf was a wall there, no go Mr. Booth.

Old
Laus723
Future Now

Duco. Not much of a fighter, but he's willing to be a spark plug. I like that.

Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Remind me what the love is for Duco again? He is just not a good fighter.

Old
snipes007

Yep. Amateur Scout.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...amp-today.html

Closed Thread