HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins @ Preds - "Lawyers Guns & Money"

Old
03-17-2011, 11:30 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCircusNeverDies View Post
Tell us how you really feel

On a higher note....it was nice shooting the crap with you guys and possibly gals for a bit. Good luck
Definitely. Glad you guys didn't think we were trying to troll for very long, but I think we can all relate to that sort of paranoia. For a while it seemed like the entire hokey world was after us, but in this case they wanted to take our team. Good conversation. Have a safe but storied St Patty's Day

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Krejci View Post
Great game guys. I always like seeing the Predators do well, I've always had a soft spot for your team, and you've got a hell of a team this year. Rinne is unreal, Fisher's one of my favorite players, and I totally called Weber's bomb when Kampfer went to the box in OT.

Good luck the rest of the way, hope to see you in the Finals!
Congrats on the Win!!!! Great goal by Weber to finally win in OT!
Fisher since being a Pred - 16 games played - 1 goal, 3 assists (one empty net) and -6. What has wrong? Yet he continues to get 5 on 3. 4 on 4. Spaling has better stats. Put him out there with average of 17 minutes of ice.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:46 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Rask read that perfectly and Weber flat-out beat him.

I had a feeling once the power play started that the goal would come from the point. Suter and Legwand were trying to feed Erat in the slot, and Boston was not giving them anything to work with while leaving Weber all alone at the point.

We got the two points we needed to keep pace in the West, and while we didn't play our best game, we played well enough to win. Killing off the major penalty was a huge, huge shot in the arm.

Last edited by worstfaceoffmanever: 03-18-2011 at 01:50 AM.
worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:50 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

I credit my first Tootoo whistle which was purchased just before the game and just after my...1, 2, 3...4th green beer.

Also, 99% of the Boston fans were great. Even talked to a few. The two behind me were obnoxious throughout the game and then scurried away after Weber's goal before I could give them grief.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 12:11 AM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
Good game guys. Great atmosphere there. Lots of cool little things I never knew about, because our teams seldom play. The Tootoo whistles was news to me.... In a league where every arena feels the same, you're sure building some nice niche traditions down there.
I second this about the atmosphere, that place was rocking. I always defend Nashville when people group them in with the Atlantas, Floridas, and Phoenixes just because they're down South (although the only ones who seem to do that are uninformed people who don't watch games). Whenever I watch Predators games they always seem to have a full, enthusiastic building.

As a matter of fact, when I called in to Boston radio to talk about moving the Coyotes, and the host I was talking to mentioned moving Nashville I quickly told him how hockey was doing well down there and his partner on-air backed me up.

I'd love to catch a game down there, the city seems so awesome, hopefully I won't have to wait until Taylor Swift and I's wedding day to do it, either.

David Krejci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 12:18 AM
predfan24

Agreed that was one of the more entertaining games Preds have had in awhile. Too bad we don't play the Bruins more. Didn't think the boys played their best game but they came away with the win and that's all the matters.(Feel like I've said that quite a few times this year)

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 12:52 AM
Milly79

Always nice to see some opposing fans in here (especially when they're nice)!

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 01:08 AM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
I second this about the atmosphere, that place was rocking. I always defend Nashville when people group them in with the Atlantas, Floridas, and Phoenixes just because they're down South (although the only ones who seem to do that are uninformed people who don't watch games). Whenever I watch Predators games they always seem to have a full, enthusiastic building.

As a matter of fact, when I called in to Boston radio to talk about moving the Coyotes, and the host I was talking to mentioned moving Nashville I quickly told him how hockey was doing well down there and his partner on-air backed me up.

I'd love to catch a game down there, the city seems so awesome, hopefully I won't have to wait until Taylor Swift and I's wedding day to do it, either.
Thanks guy, always a good thing getting props from other teams

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 01:43 AM
SK74 Snipes

Quote:

I love reading things like this. Makes me all happy inside

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 10:02 AM
Bizarro Bandwagoner

Your arena has a great atmosphere, the fans seem very into the game. I was just wondering what some of the chants I kept hearing were. I couldn't quite make them out other than the You suck one.

Bizarro Bandwagoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 10:28 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro Bandwagoner View Post
Your arena has a great atmosphere, the fans seem very into the game. I was just wondering what some of the chants I kept hearing were. I couldn't quite make them out other than the You suck one.
"I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref!"

"That's one, that's two, that's three, thank you Rask! May we have another? He shoots, he scores, you suck!"

"Rask! Rask! Rask! You suck! It's all your fault! It's all your fault! Sieve! Sieve! Sieve!"

"Chara is a sissy! Chara is a sissy!"

"Somebody hit Krejci, anybody hit Krejci, everybody hit Krejci"

I thought Boston came out and didn't play as physical as they should have been or have been in the past. LA killed us with their size, but Boston was playing a more up and down-use their "speed" through the neutral zone to create odd-man breaks. Interesting tactic, but they had to have known that that is our strength... If they would have played us like LA did (and I think Boston is just as big), they would have kept us pinned in the zone. Interesting to say the least....

Anyways... I thought the hit on Hornqvist was crap. All of NESN's camera angles showed the elbow being out right before contact. But the in house camera that was shown on the scoreboard, it was very clear that Hornqvist came in with his elbow out, hit the guy right in the chest/shoulder with the elbow, pulled his elbow back in, and then Hornqvist's shoulder/upper arm hit the guy in the head. To me, it is not a suspension, nor should it have been a 5 minute major.

Trotz went off on the refs (had like a 5 minute conversation with the ref after the 1st period) and then on the post-game show said it was a missed call. I have to agree with him there.

Having said all of that, I think not having Hornqvist helped us! Why? It moved Wilson, Dumont, and others up on Erat and Leggy's line. They were flying and really moving the puck well without Horn on their line. I'm glad Wilson ended up with 1G and 1A. Much deserved for him. Maybe he will start heading to the net more with his slick stick-handling moves.

Btw, the reason why we struggled on the 5 on 3 is because the Bs showed a PK that i've never seen before (and it looks like we haven't either as we had no idea how to attack it). They literally stacked 3 guys on top of each other in front Rask. Most teams try to play a triangle with 3 Pk'ers. But they were cutting off any point passes, cutting off any passes through the triangle, and had the guy in front of the net covered, but were allowing our guy to walk in and shoot (which I don't know why Marty didn't?). Interesting idea... But it came back to bite them in OT when Weber made the highest guy come out to him, Leggy went through the box with the pass to Suter (which opened up Weber again) and boom... game winner.

Great atmosphere in Bridgestone last night...

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 10:29 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't know if I've ever seen more people drunk at a hockey game, and surprisingly, it was more girls drunk than men.

One poor girl had to have help walking in the 3rd.....

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 10:37 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I don't know if I've ever seen more people drunk at a hockey game, and surprisingly, it was more girls drunk than men.

college night + st. patty's day...what would you expect?

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 10:46 AM
glenngineer

I haven't read all the pages of this thread and while I agree we didn't play the greatest of games, I thought the intensity and effort was there a whole lot more than it was against LA a few nights ago.

About time we won one in OT. Great win. Let's build on it. Thought some of our big guys brought it tonight.

Legwand and Erat are playing really well together right now. Nice to see finally.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 10:57 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
college night + st. patty's day...what would you expect?
It made intermissions more comical for sure...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Corp

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Watching the B's post game there's no mention at all of when Rask threw his stick after that goal. And they cut away right away on the replays of the goal just before he does it.
I'm still waiting to see a replay of that, I love Tuukka's flipouts

Corp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Liquidfire3240

Was Rask's flipout on NESN? I can aquire that feed, just not the FSTN feed.

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 11:56 AM
CloakroomCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post

I went to the St. Patty's Day game in Vancouver 2 years ago when they were playing Dallas... now THAT was a hilarious experience. Group of guys behind me substituted beer for every third word in the US anthem (Home of the BEER!) and then one of them refused to let a girl sit in the seat next to them because they were using it to hold all of their beer.

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Corp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidfire3240 View Post
Was Rask's flipout on NESN? I can aquire that feed, just not the FSTN feed.
They showed it when the play happened, I don't think they showed any replays of it though

Corp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 12:25 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I haven't read all the pages of this thread and while I agree we didn't play the greatest of games, I thought the intensity and effort was there a whole lot more than it was against LA a few nights ago.

About time we won one in OT. Great win. Let's build on it. Thought some of our big guys brought it tonight.

Legwand and Erat are playing really well together right now. Nice to see finally.
I did as well think that the intensity and effort was there. Unlike the La game they didn't quit even with all the chances that weren't put in they kept fighting through it. The calls are just about getting riduculous against us. The trip on Erat was so balant and wasn't called and there were others. Weber played great last night not because he scored the goal but he was a beast. He deserves to be at least in the running for best defenseman. That pk kill on the 5 minute penalty was a thing of beauty. The goal by Legwand was a highlight goal and showed that this team wasn't going to let this game get away. It also showed too that we finally are pulling on the rope as a team. Rinne again was awesome once again. Franson is still scaring out there on D. I've notice that teams are targeting him when they make their push.Wilson played a great game. His wrist shot takes talent and to shoot a puck like that and not have talent is absurd. We need him and SK and they produced. We need Hornqvist to come back big time SOB brings the intensity in big games. He has instill a grit to this team and the way he cleans the net is what we've been missing for years that Hamhuis didn't bring. I think what Terry said about the Hornqvist penalty was correct over zealous refs calling a clean hit a 5 minute penalty. The Bruins must being doing thespian work on the side because it's paying off for them. The only penalty that are called for us is the obvious ones. We have to keep it going the schedule is working for us the crowd willed us to that win last night.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 01:53 PM
preds1

vCash: 605
The high stick from Hali was missed and still can't believe it. Will take the gift though. Solid crowd, green beer, and definitely needed the 2 pts. Weber's OT winner, but Peeka wins it, imo.

Still hate Baastin, but glad they got a point for a few of their good posting fans.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Predsfan80

According to Espn Hornquist gets fined $2,500 with no suspension.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6232767

Predsfan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Liquidfire3240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corp View Post
They showed it when the play happened, I don't think they showed any replays of it though
Heres the first one,
http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2010021060
credit to this thread,
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=892351

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 04:12 PM
InRinneWeTrust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsfan80 View Post
According to Espn Hornquist gets fined $2,500 with no suspension.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6232767
Just my 2 cents, I'm totally OK with this. Some will say NHL being inconsistent in punishing hit to the head, which admittedly is hard to argue with. FWIW this incident seems to boil down to "no intent to injure = no suspension".

InRinneWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 05:04 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
I did as well think that the intensity and effort was there. Unlike the La game they didn't quit even with all the chances that weren't put in they kept fighting through it. The calls are just about getting riduculous against us. The trip on Erat was so balant and wasn't called and there were others. Weber played great last night not because he scored the goal but he was a beast. He deserves to be at least in the running for best defenseman. That pk kill on the 5 minute penalty was a thing of beauty. The goal by Legwand was a highlight goal and showed that this team wasn't going to let this game get away. It also showed too that we finally are pulling on the rope as a team. Rinne again was awesome once again. Franson is still scaring out there on D. I've notice that teams are targeting him when they make their push.Wilson played a great game. His wrist shot takes talent and to shoot a puck like that and not have talent is absurd. We need him and SK and they produced. We need Hornqvist to come back big time SOB brings the intensity in big games. He has instill a grit to this team and the way he cleans the net is what we've been missing for years that Hamhuis didn't bring. I think what Terry said about the Hornqvist penalty was correct over zealous refs calling a clean hit a 5 minute penalty. The Bruins must being doing thespian work on the side because it's paying off for them. The only penalty that are called for us is the obvious ones. We have to keep it going the schedule is working for us the crowd willed us to that win last night.
I agreed with this after seeing the first replay, but then they showed a second one from a different angle. It clearly shows Hornqvist making contact to the head. It looks like the elbow hit, then the back of his arm. Seguin's ear was bleeding, and required stitches. Whether or not you agree with the penalty call, there WAS contact and I'm sure Seguin was actually in a lot of pain.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote