HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs beat Lightning 3-2 (SO)

Old
03-17-2011, 11:21 PM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right Price View Post
Pouliot has been slumping since December. His Offensive Zone Penalty Per Game is pathetic.

Gomez plays against tougher opposition. And although he did create many turnovers tonight and had quite bad puck control, I'm still glad he is on this time RIGHT NOW because Eller and DD could not be centering the first two lines yet, they are not ready.
So because the rest of our centres are complete rookies and a fantasy about gomez being some kind of "shutdown" guy that excuses his **** play? Sure you don't want to run down the laundry list of excuses first?
- playing hurt
- media bugs him
- fans don't like him
- no like taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
I don't recall talking about Gomez. We were talking about Pouliot. Gomez is a center and Pouliot is a winger. Pouliot is young and will eventually learn from his mistakes which will eventually translate to more ice time. Gomez is what he is, but don't compare a winger with a center. Do you think Pouliot can play center on the first line and can do better in that role than Gomez? Is that what you want?
I can slow it down if you like. If you punish one player for poor play but never punish another you create problems among rookies and in the dressing room. If Pouliot asks for a trade and then explodes somewhere else don't start whining.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:23 PM
LesHabsRock

Habs already have as many wins as last year's Habs at 39. Still 11 games to go. Very likely they get to 45 wins.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:24 PM
ScottFC

Good game tonight, Price is just incredible.

ScottFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:30 PM
Patccmoi

Boucher after the game : I knew I should have kept coaching Hamilton...

Gj Habdogs! Palushaj is going to be an NHL winger.

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:30 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
So because the rest of our centres are complete rookies and a fantasy about gomez being some kind of "shutdown" guy that excuses his **** play? Sure you don't want to run down the laundry list of excuses first?
- playing hurt
- media bugs him
- fans don't like him
- no like taxes

I can slow it down if you like. If you punish one player for poor play but never punish another you create problems among rookies and in the dressing room. If Pouliot asks for a trade and then explodes somewhere else don't start whining.
So, now we're talking about rookies? Do you know what a rookie is? It's not Pouliot. So, how is your comparison of Gomez and Pouliot going to create controversy among rookies on the team? Slow that one down for me because I don't get it. Do you always use selective memory to back up your points? I recall at least one instance where Gomez was benched after the first period this year. Again, Gomez is a center and Pouliot is a winger. We're short 10 players from the lineup. There is no other option at center right now. Gomez, Eller, and DD are all we have. Fine, we'll have it your way. We'll play Pouliot as a center on the top line for 18 minutes and see how much success the Habs have. I'm sure you'll be fired for making that decision, however.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:32 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right Price View Post
Pouliot has been slumping since December. His Offensive Zone Penalty Per Game is pathetic.

Gomez plays against tougher opposition. And although he did create many turnovers tonight and had quite bad puck control, I'm still glad he is on this time RIGHT NOW because Eller and DD could not be centering the first two lines yet, they are not ready.
Its only one game, but Eller did not look bad centering the second line tonight. Probably would have looked bad against Tbays 1st line, but ATM he is playing better than Gomez.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
Actually, he had 11 minutes after 2 periods tonight. Martin said he was playing well up until that point. Those were stupid penalties that almost cost us the game.
They were stupid and selfish penalties and could have cost Montreal the game however you can also say Gomez's complete inability to make a simple clearing play along boards could have cost Montreal the game. That goal never happens as well if Scotty G makes any thing more than a half hearted effort to clear the puck. And frankly, this has been a Gomez trademark all year long.

Both were potential goats tonight.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Randomhero

Guys, I just realized something. Where the hell is Darche? He was day to day, but now I cant recall any report about him in a long time. Am I crazy or what?

Randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:35 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
Boucher after the game : I knew I should have kept coaching Hamilton...

Gj Habdogs! Palushaj is going to be an NHL winger.
I like Cunneyworth. He must be doing something good he sends us rookies and they all look good overall.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:37 PM
BLONG7

Hard to believe we beat them with that lineup...merci Mr Price!

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:39 PM
WG

Whoever called Gomez' outing tonight 'atrocious' was spot on though we may have to spring for a thesaurus to fully expound on how bad that was. A weak play caused the second goal, that's a play a scrub like Pyatt makes 19 times out of 20. And that lazy play late that almost led to a Stamkos goal, deplorable.

In the battle of the two ********* contracts in the NHL I'll say Vinny outplayed Gomez over the last two periods.

WG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:41 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

If Price doensnt win both Hart and Vezina, I'll call for a riot

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
le_sean

vCash: 612
I actually thought Dawes was more impressive than Palushaj. But he's actually played in the NHL before, so that may be why. I found he had a lot more offensive awareness and I would give him a shot when Plekanec and Halpern are back.

Palushaj had some real solid chances, but his passing was a little off. He'll start in the AHL next season and be the first called up.

Gomez is now a non-factor defensively too. With Plekanec out he's still only the 3rd best centre on the team. Real real pathetic.

What a turnaround for Eller. The kid just needed to be trusted as a centre with lots of icetime. I found myself hoping he was on at the end of the game to preserve the tie.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomhero View Post
Guys, I just realized something. Where the hell is Darche? He was day to day, but now I cant recall any report about him in a long time. Am I crazy or what?
Still having trouble with his groin.

I love that people are actually missing him after all the hate he got at the start of the year. Good on Darche for playing so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I actually thought Dawes was more impressive than Palushaj. But he's actually played in the NHL before, so that may be why. I found he had a lot more offensive awareness and I would give him a shot when Plekanec and Halpern are back.

Palushaj had some real solid chances, but his passing was a little off. He'll start in the AHL next season and be the first called up.

Gomez is now a non-factor defensively too. With Plekanec out he's still only the 3rd best centre on the team. Real real pathetic.

What a turnaround for Eller. The kid just needed to be trusted as a centre with lots of icetime. I found myself hoping he was on at the end of the game to preserve the tie.
Being the 3rd best center is an upgrade for Gomez. He was the 4th until Pleks got hurt.

Although, I'd argue that Pyatt played a better game than Gomez tonight.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:44 PM
Stephpa10

I have never been so proud of a Habs team in a long time, even last year run.

playing against all odds, 9 regulars out, our best D man, best defensive D, best forward, our only power forward.

I think all the adversity that they have faced this year has made this group really tight, which happens when stuff like what happened to Patches happens to your team

and for the 1st time ever (i don't throw awards easy), I'm saying Price has to be considered for Vezina and maybe even Hart.

I have always supported Price, even when we traded Halak but i thought that Price had a higher potential, but didn't expect this good of a year so soon.

Stephpa10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

The title of this thread is misleading... it's the Bulldogs that beat the Lightning.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kikizaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post

That depends, Engqvist is the likely call up if our token 4th line vet gets injured... also, is every one certain that desharnais will start with the club.

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:46 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Gomez was wow in OT. Why did he get so much time Eller barely played and not even sure if DDH got a shift.
They got three shifts each, lol.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:47 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Although, I'd argue that Pyatt played a better game than Gomez tonight.
It's a shame the kid does not have any ounce of talent. He's such a good forechecker and defensive player. Among the best on the PK too.

It's also too bad his brother signed a two year deal in Phoenix, they might have clicked on a line together. Not to mention it would have been hilarious to see him pound the **** out of Greg Campbell while Colin cries in the pressbox.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:50 PM
vad87

Carey needs 6 more wins for 40 this season and.... 100 in career

vad87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:50 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Also, Pouliot is a very lucky kid. If we didn't have so many injuries, he wouldn't play next game that's for sure.
Apparently Gill is making the trip. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dawes promoted, Pouliot scratched and Weber or Picard on the 4th line.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:54 PM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
I thought Cammy was pretty invisible...no?
Yes. I didn't know that game winner = 1st star rule applied to shootouts too.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:56 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post
Yes. I didn't know that game winner = 1st star rule applied to shootouts too.
Hab fans probably voted him as that.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 12:03 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Cammys hurt, its just blatantly obvious....

i get the hate, but we should tone it down... the guys is just limping out there

And i for one, and am thrilled pleks is "hurt", let him miss 1-2 weeks

he can REALLy, but REALLLY use the rest, the most overused player by far, rest those legs right before the playoffs, i thought pleks hurt himself vs pittsburgh tho, i thought i saw him pull a groin or something, he came up lame at some point and i think he just aggravated it it vs washington

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 12:07 AM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

On a more serrious note; Eller is finding himself as a center, I see him skate down ice full strides pulling moves on Dmans with such Confidence. But the important part in this is that AK Trusts Eller and Eller trusts AK. I see this as a perfect marriage because Andrei does not feel "forced" to let Eller do all the work because he isn't a veteran unlike Gomez/Plekanec. Same for Eller, I think this is really the best scenario for both players.

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote