HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings vs. Blues - 03/17/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-18-2011, 07:11 AM
  #151
nocturn
Registered User
 
nocturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Col. Hgts, Virginny
Country: Ireland
Posts: 888
vCash: 500
You guys are way to friggn emo about this crap. The boys play a hella road trip, get back home and take a bigass dump. BFD!

Pull yer big girl panties up and move on. They didnt lose to make you feel bad.....awwww, they lost because the got their ***es handed to them by a team that picked their system apart....for the 4th time this season. Good thing is that team wont be around in a month to pick them apart again and again and again and again.

So wipe the goo out of your eyes.

nocturn is offline  
Old
03-18-2011, 07:18 AM
  #152
tbn
Registered User
 
tbn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Moon
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
If they win the next 4 games I am OK with this game. But I am not OK with booing your team after tough fight for 71 games out of 82 games in a tough division/conference. They need your support. Games/sh*** like this happen sometimes.

tbn is offline  
Old
03-18-2011, 07:31 AM
  #153
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbn View Post
If they win the next 4 games I am OK with this game. But I am not OK with booing your team after tough fight for 71 games out of 82 games in a tough division/conference. They need your support. Games/sh*** like this happen sometimes.
It's not like they played their ***** off, and lost by 1. They got what they deserved.

KopitarFAN is online now  
Old
03-18-2011, 07:43 AM
  #154
tbn
Registered User
 
tbn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Moon
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Qute: It's not like they played their ***** off, and lost by 1. They got what they deserved.

I am sure that when you do (play) your job every time you play (do) your ***** off. Maybe you do, but if you ******* up, is that the impression that others get from your performance? I know, I am not perfect, so I also don’t expect others to be perfect. Don’t get me wrong: I am happy when they win, but I will also manage to overcome this loss especially if they manage to win next 4.
Go Kings GO

tbn is offline  
Old
03-18-2011, 07:55 AM
  #155
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbn View Post
Qute: It's not like they played their ***** off, and lost by 1. They got what they deserved.

I am sure that when you do (play) your job every time you play (do) your ***** off. Maybe you do, but if you ******* up, is that the impression that others get from your performance? I know, I am not perfect, so I also donít expect others to be perfect. Donít get me wrong: I am happy when they win, but I will also manage to overcome this loss especially if they manage to win next 4.
Go Kings GO
I'm also not being paid MILLIONS of dollars, nor do I have people spending hundreds to come watch me.

And no, I don't expect perfection. But at the bare minimum, EFFORT.

KopitarFAN is online now  
Old
03-18-2011, 08:18 AM
  #156
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 500
... Look, I have a few things to get off of my chest, so - since I'm sick as a dog and can't sleep for any more than an hour or so at a time, here goes.

I don't think there's a bigger fan of Jim Fox and the work that he does as a color commentator than I am. Usually, I agree with 99.99% of what he says, and I envy the way he can convey his opinions to the audience. But if he's in disagreement with what Terry Murray said last night, then this the .01% of the time I disagree with him.

I've come on here and criticized Murray regularly, and in my mind, justifiably so. But I was in total agreement with what he said about feeling embarrassed at the end of the second period. Regardless of the shot count, the team had just completed a red-hot stretch that culminated in a four game road sweep, and they were only down by a couple goals with 20 minutes to go. The game was still winnable, or at least tie-able. And THAT is the thanks they get from the fans??? Damn right, I'd be embarrassed and angry too.

Here's the thing. If you were at that game, you paid to be there, and you have a right to cheer or boo whoever you want. But if you booed, or if you bronx-cheered Quick ... do me a favor, alright? Don't ever say that you're a fan through thick and thin, alright? Because you're obviously not. Last night was one small dose of thin after a couple months of thick, and THIS was the way it was received? Here's a bit of news that I thought 99% of the sports fans out there automatically knew: teams are going to lose sometimes. They're going to get their ***** handed to them sometimes. There are no doormats in the NHL. This isn't college hockey; there are no patsies. Any game is winnable, and any game is losable. Just because the Blues aren't going to be in the playoffs does NOT mean that they don't have the Kings' number, because they certainly do. This is basic stuff, right? So, you might as well say "hey I'm only down with the team when they are winning." And, do you know how much character that takes? None. Zero. So, save all of this hypocrisy about expecting the team to show grit and heart and emotion, OK? Where is yours? ANYONE can be a fan of a team when things are going good.

Quick played probably the worst two periods he's ever played in a Kings' uniform. And, I've been pointing out that over the last two months and change, he's been very ordinary. But, the fact of the matter is that he's still a good goalie who's having a good season, and I wouldn't have trouble starting him again on Monday. He did everything he could to keep the Blues close in the first period; he seemed all set to steal one last night. But, it didn't happen, and by the end of the game he appeared to have zero confidence left. And, he gets bronx cheered for his efforts??? That's gratitude for you, I guess.

I remember when Quick got bronx cheered against Minnesota, the game where his two puck-handling miscues led directly to the team's loss in OT. I was at that one - paid my money like everyone else did, and whether it was justified or not, it was embarrassing to hear the fans turn on him in that game. It was obvious that no one felt worse about what he did than Quick, and that was apparent in last night's game as well. Sure, I was angry for a moment when the goals were allowed - but it didn't take long for that to subside, and by the end of the game, I felt bad for the guy. And I'm supposedly this huge Bernier homer, right? I wonder how many of those who gave the bronx cheer were self-proclaimed Quick fans. THIS is how you treat your guy??? Pretty sad, and pathetic.

I've been watching and have played sports for a long time. I'm sure some others in here have, too. If you ask me to choose, I'd gladly take a loss like last night. It's a helluva lot less painful than losing a game that could have gone either way, or worse yet, a game where the team dominated. Remember the loss against Detroit last season, where the Kings outshot the Wings something like 51-22 or whatever? Now, THAT stung. Last night was just the Blues' night. Easy one to get over, if you ask me. Now - NO one is forcing anybody to pay money to go to Kings' games. If you can't stand the sight of a loss, maybe spending that money isn't the right thing to do? If it was THAT painful to see the team lose, maybe an early exit would have been the right thing to do, rather than to **** all over the team that you profess to love? What good does that do?

Anyway, I'll wrap this up. I agree with Terry Murray here. I was embarrassed, too. The Kings have been strong; they earned a mulligan last night, as far as I was concerned. They deserved better treatment last night.

JT Dutch* is offline  
Old
03-18-2011, 08:25 AM
  #157
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 42,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... Look, I have a few things to get off of my chest, so - since I'm sick as a dog and can't sleep for any more than an hour or so at a time, here goes.

I don't think there's a bigger fan of Jim Fox and the work that he does as a color commentator than I am. Usually, I agree with 99.99% of what he says, and I envy the way he can convey his opinions to the audience. But if he's in disagreement with what Terry Murray said last night, then this the .01% of the time I disagree with him.

I've come on here and criticized Murray regularly, and in my mind, justifiably so. But I was in total agreement with what he said about feeling embarrassed at the end of the second period. Regardless of the shot count, the team had just completed a red-hot stretch that culminated in a four game road sweep, and they were only down by a couple goals with 20 minutes to go. The game was still winnable, or at least tie-able. And THAT is the thanks they get from the fans??? Damn right, I'd be embarrassed and angry too.

Here's the thing. If you were at that game, you paid to be there, and you have a right to cheer or boo whoever you want. But if you booed, or if you bronx-cheered Quick ... do me a favor, alright? Don't ever say that you're a fan through thick and thin, alright? Because you're obviously not. Last night was one small dose of thin after a couple months of thick, and THIS was the way it was received? Here's a bit of news that I thought 99% of the sports fans out there automatically knew: teams are going to lose sometimes. They're going to get their ***** handed to them sometimes. There are no doormats in the NHL. This isn't college hockey; there are no patsies. Any game is winnable, and any game is losable. Just because the Blues aren't going to be in the playoffs does NOT mean that they don't have the Kings' number, because they certainly do. This is basic stuff, right? So, you might as well say "hey I'm only down with the team when they are winning." And, do you know how much character that takes? None. Zero. So, save all of this hypocrisy about expecting the team to show grit and heart and emotion, OK? Where is yours? ANYONE can be a fan of a team when things are going good.

Quick played probably the worst two periods he's ever played in a Kings' uniform. And, I've been pointing out that over the last two months and change, he's been very ordinary. But, the fact of the matter is that he's still a good goalie who's having a good season, and I wouldn't have trouble starting him again on Monday. He did everything he could to keep the Blues close in the first period; he seemed all set to steal one last night. But, it didn't happen, and by the end of the game he appeared to have zero confidence left. And, he gets bronx cheered for his efforts??? That's gratitude for you, I guess.

I remember when Quick got bronx cheered against Minnesota, the game where his two puck-handling miscues led directly to the team's loss in OT. I was at that one - paid my money like everyone else did, and whether it was justified or not, it was embarrassing to hear the fans turn on him in that game. It was obvious that no one felt worse about what he did than Quick, and that was apparent in last night's game as well. Sure, I was angry for a moment when the goals were allowed - but it didn't take long for that to subside, and by the end of the game, I felt bad for the guy. And I'm supposedly this huge Bernier homer, right? I wonder how many of those who gave the bronx cheer were self-proclaimed Quick fans. THIS is how you treat your guy??? Pretty sad, and pathetic.

I've been watching and have played sports for a long time. I'm sure some others in here have, too. If you ask me to choose, I'd gladly take a loss like last night. It's a helluva lot less painful than losing a game that could have gone either way, or worse yet, a game where the team dominated. Remember the loss against Detroit last season, where the Kings outshot the Wings something like 51-22 or whatever? Now, THAT stung. Last night was just the Blues' night. Easy one to get over, if you ask me. Now - NO one is forcing anybody to pay money to go to Kings' games. If you can't stand the sight of a loss, maybe spending that money isn't the right thing to do? If it was THAT painful to see the team lose, maybe an early exit would have been the right thing to do, rather than to **** all over the team that you profess to love? What good does that do?

Anyway, I'll wrap this up. I agree with Terry Murray here. I was embarrassed, too. The Kings have been strong; they earned a mulligan last night, as far as I was concerned. They deserved better treatment last night.
Shocking considering how often you rail on the team about mundane nonsense.

kingsholygrail is online now  
Old
03-18-2011, 08:32 AM
  #158
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Shocking considering how often you rail on the team about mundane nonsense.
... If you're talking about the whole bit about what Hammond wrote at the end of the road trip, the railing was against him and not the team. There's a big difference. I've said time after time that this team is good and that I believe they'll win the division. If that's negativity or railing on the team, that's news to me.

JT Dutch* is offline  
Old
03-18-2011, 08:43 AM
  #159
KingsFan7824
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,827
vCash: 500
Take out the 8 losses to Chicago and St.Louis this season, and the Kings are 40-18-5 against the rest of the league, with 183 goals for, and 147 goals against.

KingsFan7824 is offline  
Old
03-18-2011, 08:55 AM
  #160
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
As he should. The fans should be supporting the team, not against them. They just came back after a great road trip and the team gets to hear that? I would understand if they kept losing, but they aren't. It was a terrible game, the team knows that. Whatever.
I disagree. If this team is only going to play hard on the road, and not give a decent effort when their paying fans are there, then those fans have every right to be pissed off.

RonSwanson* is offline  
Old
03-18-2011, 08:56 AM
  #161
BringTheReign
Registered User
 
BringTheReign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orange County
Country: United States
Posts: 2,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme1995 View Post
Exactly this.

BringTheReign is offline  
Old
03-18-2011, 08:58 AM
  #162
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!
 
Mr Irreverent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
Take out the 8 losses to Chicago and St.Louis this season, and the Kings are 40-18-5 against the rest of the league, with 183 goals for, and 147 goals against.
Great stat.

Mr Irreverent is offline  
Old
03-18-2011, 09:02 AM
  #163
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Yes they won 4 road games in a row. To put it in perspective, if I had a great Mondaythrough thursday at work and then I have a complete meltdown on Friday, then I deserve to get fired.

These guys aren't getting fired, so if the fans give their pathetic effort and gameplan a pass, then THAT is unacceptable.

Do you enjoy it when LA fans are labeled as fairweather and uncaring?

RonSwanson* is offline  
Old
03-18-2011, 09:07 AM
  #164
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,159
vCash: 863
Mr Horse, Did you like last night's game?


Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline  
Old
03-18-2011, 09:17 AM
  #165
Butch 19
King me
 
Butch 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: L.A. suburb
Country: United States
Posts: 8,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
POSITIVES!!!!


uhhhhh..... JJ broke up a 5 on 1 which he will never do again in his career
That WAS awesome!

Wow. I feel bad for a co-worker that went last night (only her 2nd hockey game). She wound up going to one of the worst Kings games in several years.


StL ?? that StL? 0 wins in 4 games this year? Really?

Oh well - they'll show up on Saturday night.

Butch 19 is offline  
Old
03-18-2011, 09:32 AM
  #166
ibleedkings
Is this real?
 
ibleedkings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Quartz Hill
Country: United States
Posts: 1,833
vCash: 500
I've been a Die Hard Fan for 23 ****ing years and TM wants to take a shot at the fans for booing??? First of all you senile old man, yeah the team played great on the road trip, but guess what, so is every other team in the Pacific division. The fans have a right to boo. It shows that this team can not take nights off like this, it's unacceptable and the Fans won't stand for it.

ibleedkings is offline  
Old
03-18-2011, 09:50 AM
  #167
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
Boo fricking hoo Terry! It just shows how high the team standard is now and the fans won't put up with a stinker of a game, especially after winning 4 on the road.
This. I'm sick of merely settling for piss-poor efforts from the Kings.

RonSwanson* is offline  
Old
03-18-2011, 09:53 AM
  #168
null33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
You guys are way to friggn emo about this crap. The boys play a hella road trip, get back home and take a bigass dump. BFD!

Pull yer big girl panties up and move on. They didnt lose to make you feel bad.....awwww, they lost because the got their ***es handed to them by a team that picked their system apart....for the 4th time this season. Good thing is that team wont be around in a month to pick them apart again and again and again and again.

So wipe the goo out of your eyes.
Yeah. The Kings haven't matched up well against speedy teams.

And about Murray's comment. It reads to me as if he's disappointed with his team, not with the boo birds.

null33 is offline  
Old
03-18-2011, 10:01 AM
  #169
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
So, will Terry "I change lines after every loss" Murray show up to practice today? Will he split up the top line? Will he move Smyth to the 4th line? Will Harrold or Drewiske get in the lineup?

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
03-18-2011, 10:20 AM
  #170
LombardiTool
Registered User
 
LombardiTool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fontana, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,758
vCash: 500
Didn't read the whole thread... probably best after that game. I will say this...

Anyone thinking that the players are not human or should be superhuman because of the amount of money they make need their head examined.

LombardiTool is offline  
Old
03-18-2011, 10:24 AM
  #171
JBernierFan
Drink up!
 
JBernierFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
I didn't drink a single beer today. The loss is my fault.
Actually, I blame the terrible 4 leaf clover glasses FSN made Bob and Jim wear to open the telecast (does anyone have a pic of those?) and those horrid green jerseys.

JBernierFan is offline  
Old
03-18-2011, 10:47 AM
  #172
wabwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6,674
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
booing the team off the ice at the end of the 2nd after being outshot 30-6 was completely justified REGARDLESS of how well they fared on their road trip... Murray's response was arrogant and carried the tone of the fans having to be thankful.

he can kiss my a-schfifty five!



what i don't like are the bronx cheers and gold clap sort of thing... i HATED it when the fans would rail on Cloutier, and i hate it still.

wabwat is offline  
Old
03-18-2011, 11:06 AM
  #173
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,525
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
That in his entire career hes never been bood off the ice that bad by the home crowd. That after a hard fought 4 game road trip its embarrasing to come home and be boo'd by the fans.

To be honest, im not totally certain that he was mad at the fans and not his team. I assume he was mad with the fans but it could definitely be taken that he was mad that the team was so bad after a good road trip that they would be boo'd by the fans.
Can't believe that.
He better get used to that. Must be an easy to please crowd over there in Florida.

Kurrilino is offline  
Old
03-18-2011, 11:09 AM
  #174
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,533
vCash: 500
Booing the lack of effort is fine.

I don't get giving Quick a bad time since he was the only reason they were still in the game after the 1st period. Quick deserved better.

Looking at the big picture though, they should just pretend that Saturday is the opening game of the homestand.

KINGS17 is offline  
Old
03-18-2011, 11:09 AM
  #175
BigKing
Spot Picker
 
BigKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Belmont Shore, CA
Posts: 3,382
vCash: 500
JT...I completely agree with you about Bronx Cheers, especially for a goalie who has been fantastic for the better part of two + seasons in Quick. It pissed me off when it happened during the Wild game and I didn't like it last night; however, general booing of the overall performance is not some sort of treasonous act that means we are not fans "through thick and thin".

Those that were at the game and neither cheered nor booed and left the building sometime during the 3rd period are the ones who you can levy that criticism towards.

You did this during the home losing streak, talking about how everyone was giving up and you weren't, making you SuperFan #1, so your opinion on this is no surprise. It's extremely amusing to be told that, because I booed one of the worst performances I've seen on home ice over the last 400+ games I've attended, that I am not with this team "through thick and thin". I'd imagine that simply maintaining two seats over this time, while putting myself in debt to do so while I was in college, would shoot holes all throughout your theory.

I don't mind anyone who has a problem with booing and who refrains from doing so; however, it's complete garbage to have a few geniuses on here not only chastise the booing--which is perfectly acceptable--but use it as an excuse to paint an entire group of 18,000 people as awful, uninformed hacks who shouldn't be allowed to go to a Kings game again.

As for Terr Bear, he was way out of line with his comment and those who support it, calling the boo-birds shortsighted because they didn't cheer for a 4-game win streak the entire game, are being just as shortsighted as Murray overlooking the fact that this fanbase has gone through a lot of terrible hockey seasons yet stood by the franchise. To not only criticize but bascially call the fans the worst he's seen in 35 years is ridiculous. As far as I'm concerned, this is the most embarassing thing a Kings coach has said in my 22 years of watching Kings hockey.

It's one thing to take the attention off of the team by looking like a clownshoe by attacking Mike Murphy; it's a whole other ballgame when you simply excuse the terrible performance outright and then start disparaging the fan base. Simply brutal.

BigKing is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.