HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundqvist not practicing, but no goaltender recalled

Old
03-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

vCash: 500
Lundqvist not practicing, but no goaltender recalled

Interpret how you will.

Quote:
StapeNewsday Arthur Staple
Henrik Lundqvist (neck) won't skate today at #NYRangers practice, but team isn't calling up a goaltender for tomorrow's game in Pittsburgh.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 11:12 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

The King doesn't need to practice.... the King needs to chillax

03-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Interpret how you will.
hmmm i dunno what to make of this.. maybe with rest it will help him. only thing im worried about is that teams might try harder to crash the net. especially that punk Matt Cooke, i hope Prust beats the crap out of him tomorrow

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 11:15 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350
We talkin' 'bout PRACTICE

not a game, not a game, not a game

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Vitto79

i'd be pissed if he was practicing. Rest up till Sunday

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 11:16 AM
clmetsfan

There's nothing to interpret, unfortunately. This is too little information that comes too far away from when a real decision has to be made. The team is clearly in wait-and-see mode with him, so anything from us would be idle speculation.

Hopefully he'll feel better tomorrow morning. If he doesn't Ochocinco gets the start and we get Talbot on the first flight out of Hartford.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Groot
I am Groot.

I think he'll be just fine.

Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Looking forward to seeing Johnson get beat through the wickets... nawt.

I hope Lundy is good to go for tomorrow's game.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 11:22 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

They said last night he wouldn't be skating so it's not based on how he's feeling today. Just wanted him to get another rest day after how he felt last night. I'd definitely let Johnson play if he isn't feeling that great and let Henrik get back at it Tuesday night.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 11:25 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
I would place a strong bet that Johnson will play tomorrow...

Henrik should be an emergency backup... only 4 goalies under contract meaning Talbot could be the only other possible goaltender callup.

03-19-2011, 11:26 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

The thing that pisses me off is that everyone on the team was OK with it. Including the coach.

"Its a hockey play"

It is, but what you need to say is "we won't stand for guys running our franchise goaltender" and back it up.

"He's a tough guy, he'll be OK"

Teams run Lundqvist because nobody, except Sauer, has the balls to defend Lundqvist.

The next guy that goes near Lundqvist needs to be beat down. Plain and simple.

I don't care if that guy is laying on the ice after running through Lundqvist, pick him up and pound his face.

Keep allowing guys to charge Lundqvist, and they'll keep doing it.

This is why McIlrath was drafted. 100%. And why he was signed. And why he will be given a legitimate shot in camp.

Exude a soft attitude toward other teams running your goaltender, and they'll treat you like your soft.

Take the two minutes, five minutes or what ever it is. Set an example. "You can not run our goaltender" period, no exceptions. Hockey play or not. Its not acceptable.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Hockify

It's only a practice. It's smart to rest him and not make any quick decisions till they know more.

Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 11:34 AM
WeWillWinTonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
The thing that pisses me off is that everyone on the team was OK with it. Including the coach.

"Its a hockey play"

It is, but what you need to say is "we won't stand for guys running our franchise goaltender" and back it up.

"He's a tough guy, he'll be OK"

Teams run Lundqvist because nobody, except Sauer, has the balls to defend Lundqvist.

The next guy that goes near Lundqvist needs to be beat down. Plain and simple.

I don't care if that guy is laying on the ice after running through Lundqvist, pick him up and pound his face.

Keep allowing guys to charge Lundqvist, and they'll keep doing it.

This is why McIlrath was drafted. 100%. And why he was signed. And why he will be given a legitimate shot in camp.

Exude a soft attitude toward other teams running your goaltender, and they'll treat you like your soft.

Take the two minutes, five minutes or what ever it is. Set an example. "You can not run our goaltender" period, no exceptions. Hockey play or not. Its not acceptable.
After the play happened the guy was on the ground Boyle went after him. Penalty was already going to be given and refs were right there. What really do you expect them to do, step on his throat while hes on the ice?

After the penalty was over Pouliot never appeared on the ice again.

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 11:40 AM
qwertyaas
LGR@

There also wasn't much of a chance for Pouliot to avoid that as he was hit pretty hard from Eminger.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Dr. Ogrodnick

vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyaas View Post
There also wasn't much of a chance for Pouliot to avoid that as he was hit pretty hard from Eminger.

Eminger definitely had the "I just screwed the pooch" look on his face when Henrik was lying on the ground.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Janerixon

Hank can't turn his head from side to side, unless he feels much much better tomorrow he isn't going to play. I'm guessing a decision will have to be made at some point so they can get Cam to Pitt before noon tomorrow if they think they are going to need him.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 11:48 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal18 View Post
After the play happened the guy was on the ground Boyle went after him. Penalty was already going to be given and refs were right there. What really do you expect them to do, step on his throat while hes on the ice?

After the penalty was over Pouliot never appeared on the ice again.
No.

They need to set an example. Fight someone on the ice the next shift.

It doesn't matter if its the right or wrong guy.

The more they allow it to happen, the more its going to happen.

Its an image. If you look indifferent, teams will take liberties.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyaas View Post
Heres the thing Pouliot made NO attempt to stop, Eminger was down low riding him but he didn't hit him full force into Hank, Pouliot could have tried to stop instead of barreling him over full speed ahead. Torts saying that is a hockey play was moronic, you have to make an attempt to avoid contact with the goalie, and Eminger was alongside him if anything pushing him wide, not as if he was behind Pouliot pushing him forward into Hank, like Mara did to Callahan into Price.

Old
03-19-2011, 11:54 AM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
No.

Eminger definitely exacerbated the problem, but Pouliot also did not make any attempt to avoid contact. On the contrary, it seemed that he used Eminger's pressure as an excuse to barrel through Lundqvist.

Given Lunqvist's importance to this team, I would've fully supported a response against Pouliot as he played possum behind the net.

Since we have the equivalent of a professional wrestler on our payroll, Boogaard should've grappled down from the MSG rafters and delivered an elbow smash on Pouliot.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Boyle should've given Pouliot the People's Elbow as he was laying in the ice.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 12:06 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Still haven't seen the play so I can't comment on it, but I'm glad Hank isn't practicing. Let him get his neck massaged by the best Swedish masseuse in NYC, and see if he's ready to go for tomorrow.

Also without Marty I feel comfortable penciling in an L if Johnson starts.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Skrimpy

Quote:
No.

Teams have said all season, even teams that are way better, "We don't want to play the Rangers". Reason being, they play hard and they don't quit. It's just a huge energy drain on teams playing a hard working team, even if they are only mediocre. Montreal was down but not out. They were getting chances, what is next? Run the goalie. I concur supersonicmonkey. Pound someone's face to keep it from happening again. Teams have been running him all season and the reaction has been there but it has been soft. Pouliot would have hit him regardless of Eminger, regardless if he could have moved or not. If you can find a vid of the game watch it again. He put is elbow up at the last second to catch Hanks head. He intended to make him hurt. He could have reached out for the cross bar. He could have put the hands up on Hanks shoulders, but what does he do instead? Puts the elbow on his head. That's why he was called and he should get suspended for bringing the elbow up. Crashing the net is a hockey play and it's allowed, but if you're going to do it you should pay the price. Boyle should have broken his nose and then grabbed the next guy he saw and fought him.

Skrimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 12:55 PM
UDnyr92

Anyone have the YT for this Pouliot hitting Henrik? I saw the one with PK but that didn't actually do the damage...

UDnyr92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrimpy View Post
Teams have said all season, even teams that are way better, "We don't want to play the Rangers". Reason being, they play hard and they don't quit. It's just a huge energy drain on teams playing a hard working team, even if they are only mediocre. Montreal was down but not out. They were getting chances, what is next? Run the goalie. I concur supersonicmonkey. Pound someone's face to keep it from happening again. Teams have been running him all season and the reaction has been there but it has been soft. Pouliot would have hit him regardless of Eminger, regardless if he could have moved or not. If you can find a vid of the game watch it again. He put is elbow up at the last second to catch Hanks head. He intended to make him hurt. He could have reached out for the cross bar. He could have put the hands up on Hanks shoulders, but what does he do instead? Puts the elbow on his head. That's why he was called and he should get suspended for bringing the elbow up. Crashing the net is a hockey play and it's allowed, but if you're going to do it you should pay the price. Boyle should have broken his nose and then grabbed the next guy he saw and fought him.
Usually not all for violence, retribution, etc. but when this kinda thing happens that's the only response that works. I was saying someone should two hand their stick across his friggin neck... take the suspension... the 5 min. major... I don't care.

U HAVE TO SEND A MESSAGE THAT CHARGING THE NET/OUR GOALIE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND MET WITH A VICIOUS RESPONSE

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Usually not all for violence, retribution, etc. but when this kinda thing happens that's the only response that works. I was saying someone should two hand their stick across his friggin neck... take the suspension... the 5 min. major... I don't care.

U HAVE TO SEND A MESSAGE THAT CHARGING THE NET/OUR GOALIE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND MET WITH A VICIOUS RESPONSE
Prospal scored on that PP to seal the game for us, Boyle was trying to get at Pouliot but the refs were right in the mix and we got the win which we need more than retribution for running Lundqvist. There is a time and a place for that type of stuff, but what if Boyle took a penalty, making it 4 on 4 where the Habs are very good and they get a quick goal. Then it is 5-4 with a few minutes left and Hank shaken up, he did the right thing.