HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grabner, please hurt em

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Slick Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Reinprecht was a veteran on a 1-way contract. He didn't really have to earn a spot on the roster.

It was a battle between Grabner and Santorelli, and Santorelli won it. Grabner could've been healthy scratched I believe (that's what I would have done), but Tallon opted to put him on waivers, hoping no one would claim him. To send him to Rochester, giving him 1st line minutes in the AHL to see what he could do.

It didn't work out.

Again, I hated the move all the way; but, at some point, you have to look at Tallon's resume and move on. And by resume, I don't just mean what he did in Chicago; he's already done plenty of good things here, as well.
This was not about Santorreli, no matter what excuses you hear. They ended up eating Reinos contract later anyway. Even if it was about Santo, Grabner is a much better player in every respect. So even with that argument, tallon and deboring lose.

Old
03-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Slick Cat

[QUOTE=Mogo;31786201]Seriously people enough with Grabner. He would never scored 30 goals in DeBoer system. I bet he'd be a 5-10 goal point with us.

You might be exactly right, another reason why we need to get a real NHL coach soon

Old
03-20-2011, 11:21 AM
asleepinthechapel

Quote:
Reinprecht was a veteran on a 1-way contract. He didn't really have to earn a spot on the roster.

It was a battle between Grabner and Santorelli, and Santorelli won it. Grabner could've been healthy scratched I believe (that's what I would have done), but Tallon opted to put him on waivers, hoping no one would claim him. To send him to Rochester, giving him 1st line minutes in the AHL to see what he could do.

It didn't work out.

Again, I hated the move all the way; but, at some point, you have to look at Tallon's resume and move on. And by resume, I don't just mean what he did in Chicago; he's already done plenty of good things here, as well.
Ahahaha so the battle was between a RW and C?

Old
03-20-2011, 11:22 AM
asleepinthechapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Seriously people enough with Grabner. He would never scored 30 goals in DeBoer system. I bet he'd be a 5-10 goal point with us.

I mean come on. Were all dump and chase untill freaking Sergei Samsonov comes along. LOL. Just think what a elite level winger or two would do to this team. I love watching Weiss play again as you can see he's having fun again playing with some talented guys. Weiss can slow down the play and make that pass he wants unlike most of the season it's just all dump and chase battle in the corner, pass it to the blueline, dman misses the net...
A good exsample was the Weiss goal last night.
Booth is nice to play with but he's all speed, snap shot/slap shot. He sucks at stickhandling and he rarely pulls off a deke that works. Booth if he learns to shoot even half his shots he hits in the goalies chest he could be a 40 goal scorer on a more offensive minded team maybe even the Panthers.
I doubt it would be PBD's system that holds back Grabner. It's not like the Islanders are all that more offensive.

Old
03-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
My mistake, you were one of martin's apologists, and how did that turn out? So a lot of this makes more sense. I happen to like Tallon better that some of the previous GM's we had, which doesn't say much, but I am not going to apologize for his blunders. And this was a blunder.
That's fine, but what was the alternative?? Not one person can come up with a realistic option to sending Grabner to Rochester. And, I wasn't one of his apologists, again, I can see what's going on. I just happened to like what Martin did far more than what most of his predecessors did/didn't do. And, it was clear Cohen had his hands all over what Martin could and couldn't do. I was willing to give the guy a chance, and liked him better as a GM than I did a coach. Basically, I'm tired of the constant turnover, look at the successful organizations, they don't do that.

03-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
That's fine, but what was the alternative?? Not one person can come up with a realistic option to sending Grabner to Rochester.
With the benefit of 20-20 hindsight, obviously Rhino could have started his European vacation two months earlier!

Old
03-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Erick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleepinthechapel View Post
Ahahaha so the battle was between a RW and C?
Yeah, don't you remember? As I've said numerous times, I didn't agree with the decision, but I didn't really tell a lie in my post. The battle in training camp for the last spot was between Grabner and Santorelli, and Santorelli was the better in training camp/preseason.

Old
03-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Erick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
This was not about Santorreli, no matter what excuses you hear. They ended up eating Reinos contract later anyway. Even if it was about Santo, Grabner is a much better player in every respect. So even with that argument, tallon and deboring lose.
Yes, it was.

Old
03-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Georgia Panther

If I recall correctly, Reino was already on waivers and a healthy scratch to begin the season so it's not like the Organization had placed a high value on his services. They just didn't realize the rest of the NHL also didn't value his services and instead tried to sneak through a player through waivers, Grabner, that they didn't realize another NHL team, the Islanders, valued more highly. No if and or buts, it was a mistake on Tallon's part. PERIOD.

Old
03-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Slick Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
That's fine, but what was the alternative?? Not one person can come up with a realistic option to sending Grabner to Rochester. And, I wasn't one of his apologists, again, I can see what's going on. I just happened to like what Martin did far more than what most of his predecessors did/didn't do. And, it was clear Cohen had his hands all over what Martin could and couldn't do. I was willing to give the guy a chance, and liked him better as a GM than I did a coach. Basically, I'm tired of the constant turnover, look at the successful organizations, they don't do that.
I think you are being too kind to martin, he had plenty of room to shape this team, signing long term deals and making or not making his moves. I agree with your wish to have some consistency in management, but you have it backwards. The teams that don't have turnover don't because they are succesful -- they are not succesful because they don't have turnover. If we were a playoff team there would be no need to make changes year after year, marting was given more than a fair chance and he failed on the bench and even worse in the GM position.

Regarding Grabner, you find an alternative. He is better than any forward we have right now. Deboring should have seen that and tallon should have been smart enough to keep him here.

Question, if you were to ask tallon and even deboring if they could have a redo, what do you think they would do? if they were to answer honestly and not to protect their egos, they would have kept him.

Old
03-20-2011, 12:23 PM
Slick Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
If I recall correctly, Reino was already on waivers and a healthy scratch to begin the season so it's not like the Organization had placed a high value on his services. They just didn't realize the rest of the NHL also didn't value his services and instead tried to sneak through a player through waivers, Grabner, that they didn't realize another NHL team, the Islanders, valued more highly. No if and or buts, it was a mistake on Tallon's part. PERIOD.
Yep, and even one of the most prominent hockey publications predicted that he would be a breakout player this year, so this was no secret or Garth Snow being a genius GM. It was an obvious move to pick him up for nothing and give him a chance, something we did not do. The funny thing is I remember our own website highlighting the same article bragging about our new acquisition. Boy was that article on target. I guesss deboring and tallon knew better?

Old
03-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Panthers 20

We need to get over it.

Old
03-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Augusto Ernesto Sand

Can't believe what I am reading

Hi there,
I am a Habs fan and as an Austrian also very interested in Grabner's fate. Normally I would have said to come in peace but after reading parts of this thread that's almost impossible. So let's see what we have here ...

Erick posted: Booth and Weiss are definitely capable of scoring 30 goals - well, do they?

Or Mogo: He would never scored 30 goals in DeBoer system. I bet he'd be a 5-10 goal point with us. - Really? Isles fans are talking all the time about the chances Grabs creates on his own.

And to those who say Grabs is a strict goalscorer an they prefer a playmaker: Well he is on pace for at least fifty points. And it seems that a goalscorer could be quite useful for you.

In general: What's your position in the eastern? 13th? Oh yeah, so a 30+ goalscorer seems to be quite useless for you, obviously you got plenty of them. Too much sun in Florida, eh?

Panthers 20: We need to get over it.
Slick Cat - you are my man!

Old
03-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Panthers 20

What good does it do to obsess over a move in the past? Seriously.

Old
03-20-2011, 03:06 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusto Ernesto Sand View Post
Hi there,
I am a Habs fan and as an Austrian also very interested in Grabner's fate. Normally I would have said to come in peace but after reading parts of this thread that's almost impossible. So let's see what we have here ...

Erick posted: Booth and Weiss are definitely capable of scoring 30 goals - well, do they?

Or Mogo: He would never scored 30 goals in DeBoer system. I bet he'd be a 5-10 goal point with us. - Really? Isles fans are talking all the time about the chances Grabs creates on his own.

And to those who say Grabs is a strict goalscorer an they prefer a playmaker: Well he is on pace for at least fifty points. And it seems that a goalscorer could be quite useful for you.

In general: What's your position in the eastern? 13th? Oh yeah, so a 30+ goalscorer seems to be quite useless for you, obviously you got plenty of them. Too much sun in Florida, eh?

Panthers 20: We need to get over it.
Slick Cat - you are my man!
Booth scored 30 goals before Grabner even stepped in the NHL ! Weiss is a playmaker who has recorded some nice 20-goals seasons in the past couple of years, and even notched 27...

I never said I wouldn't take him on my team, or that he wouldn't be useful ! Grabner has always been a pure strict scorer, and will always be, don't know how you get mad because of that... You should just enjoy the player for what he is, and that is not a playmaker.

Our position is about the same as the Islanders who have the great and awesome Grabner on their team... Go figure ! And I'd rather have the playmaker Dadonov than the scorer with the nearly 50-points Grabner... Sorry but I like NHL hockey, much more than pond hockey !

(deleted)

Last edited by angry_treefrog: 03-20-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old
03-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Augusto Ernesto Sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers 20 View Post
What good does it do to obsess over a move in the past? Seriously.
You are definitely right. But the question is the next move. Why don't you dump the GM and the head coach as well or put them on waivers? I don't think the Isles would take them.

And what about those fans who have definitely a problem facing reality?

Old
03-20-2011, 03:13 PM
ShootIt

Quote:
You are definitely right. But the question is the next move. Why don't you dump the GM and the head coach as well or put them on waivers? I don't think the Isles would take them.

So since Tallon made one bad move we should clamor for him to be fired?
Genius.

I'm still ticked over putting him over waivers, but what's done is done.

Old
03-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Are we still talking about Grabner? Wow. We have other threads dedicated to this and you can look up the history with a little google research. He's gone and he ain't commin' back. PERIOD. We are in deep trouble if so many Cats fans think of Grabner as Jesus Christ 2.0.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
So since Tallon made one bad move we should clamor for him to be fired?
Genius.

I'm still ticked over putting him over waivers, but what's done is done.
Tallon has done a great job here. I am really happy with these youngsters in our lineup. I enjoy games more than I did before the deadline. The young guns come out with so much engergy and they are finally getting physical

Old
03-20-2011, 03:34 PM
jol

Quote:
Yeah, don't you remember? As I've said numerous times, I didn't agree with the decision, but I didn't really tell a lie in my post. The battle in training camp for the last spot was between Grabner and Santorelli, and Santorelli was the better in training camp/preseason.
Who were three healthy scratches in first game?

JOL

Old
03-20-2011, 03:35 PM
Augusto Ernesto Sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
Booth scored 30 goals before Grabner even stepped in the NHL ! Weiss is a playmaker who has recorded some nice 20-goals seasons in the past couple of years, and even notched 27...

I never said I wouldn't take him on my team, or that he wouldn't be useful ! Grabner has always been a pure strict scorer, and will always be, don't know how you get mad because of that... You should just enjoy the player for what he is, and that is not a playmaker.

Our position is about the same as the Islanders who have the great and awesome Grabner on their team... Go figure ! And I'd rather have the playmaker Dadonov than the scorer with the nearly 50-points Grabner... Sorry but I like NHL hockey, much more than pond hockey !

And yours Slick Cat's man... Why don't you create your own new Wolfpac with HowdyHowden and go on a trip to wherever you want, as long as you're not near HFBoards !
Well let's find out the impressive stats.
Weiss 21/28 -6 ouch
Booth 21/17 -21

Grabs 30/16 +15 with two off months.

Well, good luck then. Btw you could have Dadonov and Grabs

Old
03-20-2011, 03:35 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:

I'm still trying to figure what a Habs fan is doing coming onto the Panthers' boards lecturing us on what to do with our GM and coach while insulting the fans.

Old
03-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Love drive-by fans who think they know everything about the Panthers and are the foremost authority when it comes to them.

Old
03-20-2011, 06:38 PM
HowdyHowden93*

Quote:
Can someone recap for me the players who played well?

Seems like Dadanov and Samsonov did well. Ryan Carter had 6 hits and a fight in 9:32 ATOI; how did he look?

Also, what line and who was Repik playing with? Seems like he had a quiet night.

Couldn't watch tonight...

Seems like the team played well, but Clemmensen had an off night, which is cool for the tank.
Your boy Carter actually played very well. That was one of the reasons why his ice time was under 10 minutes. It's sad that when players actually show heart and play hard, they get punished for it. It's a shame, but that is what comes with this team when you have an organization that loves to lose.

Old
03-20-2011, 06:38 PM
Slick Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
Love drive-by fans who think they know everything about the Panthers and are the foremost authority when it comes to them.
the fact that he is a habs fan has nothing to do with anything, he just doesn't agree with the foolish buy in of every PR spin this team provides, so that is why you are trashing him. I am an original season ticket holder who has seen a large percentage of every panther game ever, and I am not obilivious to the defiencies of this team and management. I do not agree that the gm should be fired, tallon deserves a chance to deliver his blueprint, as ridiculous as it sounds, but deboooring has proven his lack of ability to coach an NHL team. The fact that anyone could somehow argue that we could not use a 30 goal scorer, who is also a plus 17 on a crappy team, that is simply amazing and displays how easily a fan base that knows very little about hockey can be sold on anything.

Old
03-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Slick Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post

And yours Slick Cat's man... Why don't you create your own new Wolfpac with HowdyHowden and go on a trip to wherever you want, as long as you're not near HFBoards !

I guess we don't need a pure goal scorer? Were you one of those who used to complain that Bure didn't backcheck enough? We could have Grabner and Booth and Weiss and Dadonov and santorelli. If tallon and yormark want to sell a snow blower in the middle of summer, I know who'll be on line first.

Amazing how some just cant admit that he blew this one. and big time!

Closed Thread