HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happened to Leopold? 2pts in his last 15gms

Old
03-21-2011, 02:36 PM
joshjull

vCash: 500
What happened to Leopold? 2pts in his last 15gms

Defensively I never expected a ton from him and with his strong offensive play early it didn't really bother me.

But in the last month or so he has been ineffective, bordering on useless, offensively.

The last 15gms

1g 1a 2pts -5

In the previous 54gms

11g 22a 33pts -5

His defensive play was never that great but he seems to be making terrible decisions with the puck and isn't very strong on the puck in our zone.

He was minus in 19 of the previous 54gms. He was a minus in 9 of the last 15gms (A pace of 32 minus games in 54) Part of that is the lack of offense but part of it is his defensive play.

Thoughts

Last edited by joshjull: 03-21-2011 at 02:59 PM.
joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

When he was on his game offensively, I figured it was only a matter of time before he got on a slump. I've never liked him, mainly because he's never good defensively, and he doesn't take over the game enough to make up for it offensively (like Sekera or Myers can).

I'm sure he'll find his offensive touch again soon, but I'm still not a fan of him. I'd still rather have Lydman even when Leopold is on his game.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Barr View Post
When he was on his game offensively, I figured it was only a matter of time before he got on a slump. I've never liked him, mainly because he's never good defensively, and he doesn't take over the game enough to make up for it offensively (like Sekera or Myers can).

I'm sure he'll find his offensive touch again soon, but I'm still not a fan of him. I'd still rather have Lydman even when Leopold is on his game.
My thoughts exactly.

And don't get me started on the whole Lydman thing again, regardless of whose decision it was that 3m/3y was too much for the guy.

Have fun leading the league in +/-, Toni, I still love you!

EDIT: To not be unfair here, Leopold was very good offensively in the first half, and adequate defensively.
In the last 15-20 games, he's deteriorated in both zones. Or all three zones, if you want.

Similarly, Monty's been somewhat the same.

Corto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 03:16 PM
Mergus merganser

He hasn't been the same since his injury.

Mergus merganser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Perhaps whatever had him out of the lineup for three games as the mysterious "upper body injury" was worse than we know. His stat-line since returning is a brilliant 9 games, 1 goal, no assists, and a minus 7, being a plus player once in that stretch. He's probably playing through something. His lapse also co-incides with Montador's game coming off the rails after his concussion too.

Could be both can't handle the minutes but are the best of a depeleted group as the third pairing of Morrisonn-Weber has been the worst of the three lately....

03-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergus merganser View Post
He hasn't been the same since his injury.
That was going to be the first thing I mentioned.

The second would be what is his shots/game since returning. I feel like he's never putting the puck on net anymore and that's obviously affecting his offensive production. Will look that up.

Ruckus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 03:38 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007 View Post
That was going to be the first thing I mentioned.

The second would be what is his shots/game since returning. I feel like he's never putting the puck on net anymore and that's obviously affecting his offensive production. Will look that up.
I've got 19 shots in 9 games post injury (2.1/game) and 11 of those were in two games. But that's on par with where he was pre-injury (1.9/game) so I guess it's not much of an issue after all.

Ruckus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 03:57 PM
fightclubber25

ruff happened. he got caught pinching a few times, cost us some goals/games, ruff put the electric fence back up and jordan obeyed.

im ok with our D focusing more on D than O but thats just me.

fightclubber25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 04:03 PM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

He's been brutal recently, but Monty has been equally as bad.

Not that I'm blaming him, but early they fed off each others good play, and right now the opposite is happening.

msm29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 11:40 AM
joshjull

Forgot about the upper body injury. It would explain his lack of strength battling 1 on 1 and not having very crisp passes.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 11:46 AM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Yeah it's hard to say with the injury being so mysterious. Also, wasn't he seeing a lot more time on the powerplay pre-injury? I might be remembering that wrong though.

Still, when he was on his game pre-injury I remember him being pretty hard to get off the puck at the top of the zone, and getting a fair amount of shots though. Not seeing that now.

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

He's been getting those shots through a lot lately, I think he's getting back to the first 40 games Leopold that we all know and love.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote