HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Flames 4 Ducks 5 (OT)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2011, 10:05 PM
  #76
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,229
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Being ready to play games would be a good start.
Against a team that played the night before at that.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 10:13 PM
  #77
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY
 
Svensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: C OF RED
Country: Romania
Posts: 1,029
vCash: 50
I think it's safe to say that the Flames need to win 7of8 or 8of8.... people that say 5-3 or 6-2 and depend on other teams its s*** because other teams have been horrible for us each night. So many games go to OT or the team that is supposed to win loses ( ******* Canucks and Wings )

Svensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 10:25 PM
  #78
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brandon, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,864
vCash: 50
atleast we got a point

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 10:27 PM
  #79
GoFlames
Registered User
 
GoFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,690
vCash: 500
Now run the table for wins in Anaheim, San Jose and Edmonton. Would be a great road trip, we all knew (although I hoped otherwise) the Flames would lose in Ananeim as always...

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 10:34 PM
  #80
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever
 
Phaneufed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Georgia
Posts: 4,185
vCash: 500
The way i see it the Flames need to win at minimum 6 of the 8 games remaining in order to get in.

Now 5 of those should be winnable games (2 against Oil, 1 against Col, 1 against Van, 1 against STL). The one against Vancouver is the last game of the season and they should be resting their star players..

That leaves 3 games against Anaheim, SJ and LA, the one vs. Anaheim is basically as must-win as it gets, and say if we win that we'd end up having 96 points.. should be enough to get us in.

Of course everythings easier said than done.

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 12:05 AM
  #81
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,332
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneufed View Post
The way i see it the Flames need to win at minimum 6 of the 8 games remaining in order to get in.

Now 5 of those should be winnable games (2 against Oil, 1 against Col, 1 against Van, 1 against STL). The one against Vancouver is the last game of the season and they should be resting their star players..

That leaves 3 games against Anaheim, SJ and LA, the one vs. Anaheim is basically as must-win as it gets, and say if we win that we'd end up having 96 points.. should be enough to get us in.

Of course everythings easier said than done.
This isn't football, the only guarantee is Luongo will be sitting but that doesn't mean anything. If you look at last year shouldn't of Vancouver been resting there players the last game of the season since it was meaningless? Instead the Sedins lit us up for 4 points and we got our ass kicked.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 12:39 AM
  #82
DBU
All You Can Do
 
DBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,986
vCash: 50
Brutal... Karlsson stops the PS, and then the next shot goes in. Awful.

I have a hard time believing we'll make it in now... yeah we're a point back but there's only 8 games left. We pretty much have to go 7-1 or 8-0 at this point.

Then again, I predicted we'd go 3-1 on this road trip, and I guess technically we're in a better position than if we'd lost this game in regulation. 3-0-1 sound good to anybody?

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 01:23 AM
  #83
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,229
vCash: 50
At this point in the season if the Flames are expecting to make the playoffs, they cannot be losing games when they have the lead with less than 3 minutes to play. I give them credit for getting back into the game to take the lead, but to give away 2 points to the team that you are battling for the 8th and final playoff spot is just brutal. I am still hopeful that we will make it, but they really need to bring their A games from on here in.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 01:46 AM
  #84
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever
 
Phaneufed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Georgia
Posts: 4,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
This isn't football, the only guarantee is Luongo will be sitting but that doesn't mean anything. If you look at last year shouldn't of Vancouver been resting there players the last game of the season since it was meaningless? Instead the Sedins lit us up for 4 points and we got our ass kicked.
Wasnt meaningless for them, Henrik needed a big game to win the Art Ross and thats exactly what happened.

It's similar to a couple years ago vs. Vancouver where Iggy needed his 50th goal and even though we were in the playoffs he and the majority of our best players played, he got the goal and we kicked their ass 7-1. Unless Stamkos makes a big push its looking like Daniel will comfortably take it, so no need for them to play.

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 03:16 AM
  #85
flames123
Registered User
 
flames123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneufed View Post
Now 5 of those should be winnable games (2 against Oil, 1 against Col, 1 against Van, 1 against STL). The one against Vancouver is the last game of the season and they should be resting their star players.. .
Yeh, like they did last year.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 09:53 AM
  #86
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,332
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneufed View Post
Wasnt meaningless for them, Henrik needed a big game to win the Art Ross and thats exactly what happened.

It's similar to a couple years ago vs. Vancouver where Iggy needed his 50th goal and even though we were in the playoffs he and the majority of our best players played, he got the goal and we kicked their ass 7-1. Unless Stamkos makes a big push its looking like Daniel will comfortably take it, so no need for them to play.
Players were not rested in that game either, players are never rested, if you can play you will. The only thing that will change is their effort level and if the Flames season came down to that last game you can bet Vancouver won't just let us walk into the playoffs.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 01:11 PM
  #87
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,229
vCash: 50
If preseason games between Vancouver and Calgary have meaning (ie. Jokinen blasting a slapshot in close on Luongo in a shootout), then you can bet your *** that the last game of an NHL regular season game will as well. Its true hockey is not football, the Sedin's and Kesler and Co. will be suiting up which means it will not be an easy game by any stretch. Calgary's playoffs hopes may will rest on that game, I am sure Vancouver would love nothing more than to eliminate their rival before the playoffs even start.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.