HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Anyone else think that...

Old
03-21-2011, 05:35 AM
Subban76

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
We win the cup next year if we can get a big winger to play with Cammy and Pleks.
Brooks Laich

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 06:15 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Dignity is a big word. We start playing better and that's nice but as far as Habs gaining their dignity back, start by not getting bashed over the head by the Bruins first. When they beat the Habs in Boston, it's like they pretty much stepped on the Habs' logo.
And on the next game, Montreal was on pace to beat them 6-0.

If not for Patch's broken neck, we all would gave talked about the schooling we gave them

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 07:26 AM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Andre Savard deserves a bit of credit, too. The rebuilding started with him.

I'm so excited about some of the rookies, especially White, Desharnais, Pacioretty and Eller. This team's future is looking bright.
Oh definitely. Savard made some good picks. I'll give him that.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 07:42 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Dignity is a big word. We start playing better and that's nice but as far as Habs gaining their dignity back, start by not getting bashed over the head by the Bruins first. When they beat the Habs in Boston, it's like they pretty much stepped on the Habs' logo.
Yeah, its not like we havent beat them the last 5 out of 6 games. Oh noes, we lost a game to them, the horror.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 07:44 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH˛ View Post
Actually André Savard did. He hired Timmins, who drafted Price, Subban and Pacioretty. All Gainey had to do was get on the bus. And he was barely capable of doing that.
I wouldn't give the credit to the guy who hired the guy who drafted the right players. I would give the credit to the guy who actually drafted them.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Tim Wallach

People are also a bit too hard on Gomez. $7.8 mil is a small price to pay for a guarantee you're going to make the playoffs. That guy never misses them.

But really, this is easily the most exciting core of young players this team has had in ages. And it pains me to admit, but I have to credit Gauthier and Martin to some extent. It's one thing to have the assets. It's another thing to deploy them properly and surround them with the right ingredients. And the fact that they have this team battling for home ice in the playoffs is miraculous.

Credit where credit is due. (And a tad to Cunneyworth as well.)

Tim Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
I wouldn't give the credit to the guy who hired the guy who drafted the right players. I would give the credit to the guy who actually drafted them.
Ya, it's like giving credit to Gainey for not firing Timmins.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 09:20 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

It's been a really long time since we haven't seen so much YOUNG talent in Montreal, years ahead are going to be even better. Management is doing a great job, even if we enjoy to criticize them all the time. Gotta give them lots of props

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadoCH View Post
Gainey acquired the pick used to draft Patches and had final call on drafting Price 5th overall when we already had Theo who was a huge star in Montreal and still on top of his game.
That makes me think of what Dallas did in Drafting Campbell. Minus the Pierre Mcguire Flip out on draft day.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 07:21 PM
Dekar

As much as my horrible memory has been inconvenient far too often in my life, at least I can go to sleep at night while thinking back on the late 90s and early 2000s Habs' seasons and think to myself, "Eh, wasn't THAT bad." *zzz*

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote