HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hammond confirms jersey change for next season?

Old
03-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Where's adevandry and his white throwback concept?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
Someone just posted this on the main boards. The kids wear them a lot at halftime, but I haven't gotten to see them up close. As much as I don't like the home plate logo, I have to admit it looks pretty sharp. I love the way the gray looks instead of the shiny silver on the current thirds, and the numbers look great.
BORING

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 05:47 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I'm here. I could post it again, but there are better ideas being thrown around. Thanks though.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 05:54 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
It seems like the Kings have done a pretty good job of figuring out the fans are split on exactly what jersey to wear and have tried to give each era its due.
or that neither of the current jerseys stand out as being all that great.. i hope i dont sound too critical here, but i would not stand in line to buy any of the kings' jerseys out there now. i really hope for a completely redone jersey, rather than a lame tweak to be endured for another 7-10 yrs

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 05:56 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Someone just posted this on the main boards. The kids wear them a lot at halftime, but I haven't gotten to see them up close. As much as I don't like the home plate logo, I have to admit it looks pretty sharp. I love the way the gray looks instead of the shiny silver on the current thirds, and the numbers look great.
I think that looks slick, and I don't even mind the home plate (really a banner shape) logo on the white jerseys.

If you think about it, if they remove the Los Angeles from the jerseys, then if these white ones are the away jerseys, then it kind of makes sense to put LA on them.

Maybe use these white aways with the home plate logo, then the home black unis can have the crown on them?

I really wish the purple/golds were the full-time third jerseys next season and beyond.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 08:34 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy View Post
or that neither of the current jerseys stand out as being all that great.. i hope i dont sound too critical here, but i would not stand in line to buy any of the kings' jerseys out there now. i really hope for a completely redone jersey, rather than a lame tweak to be endured for another 7-10 yrs
I'm with you there. If it came down to me buying the new white jersey or a Gretzky era white jersey I would opt for the latter without hesitation. The jerseys seem to be stuck in a ho hum pattern, minor changes to a mediocre product. They're OK but they all seem to be missing something.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 10:32 PM
BamBam1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
I'm here. I could post it again, but there are better ideas being thrown around. Thanks though.
Far too humble. Yours was as good as any thrown around, at the very least.

BamBam1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 03:54 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I believe:

johnjm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 04:25 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I believe:
This jersey would fit perfectly on Hannah Montana...

Albi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 11:24 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Whoever the Kings pay to design and develop their Jerseys should be let go. All the team has to do is check out this thread and they would be set. We have some uber talented people around here. I have seen two jersey's that I am hoping to own whether the team ever uses them or not and 4 jerseys that I would like to see the team play in too.

Great job HF King fans.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 01:06 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
I'm a big fan of the throwback uniforms. Before I saw them on the team this year I wouldn't have thought they looked that good, but they really come together as a whole uniform. I don't believe in the "black jerseys sell" approach. A good team will sell jerseys regardless. Imagine how Detroit would look if they switched to black just to sell jerseys. I'm pretty sure the success of their team is what drives sales of bright red jerseys.

In going with the throwback theme, I've been thinking about what the away versions would look like. I think most people agree that the mostly yellow jersey with purple stripes is a pretty ugly. A white version with purple and gold accents might be a better direction:

I like these, the white don't look to bad, 3rd's could be all gold. I think they are just trying to recreate our winning era with the black and white's. Do ya think they can get TM to grow a mullet?

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Whoever the Kings pay to design and develop their Jerseys should be let go. All the team has to do is check out this thread and they would be set. We have some uber talented people around here. I have seen two jersey's that I am hoping to own whether the team ever uses them or not and 4 jerseys that I would like to see the team play in too.

Great job HF King fans.
i totally agree with you T. for starters it's unlikely they will please everyone, but to completely dismiss everyone i think is intolerable. there is a small minority that seem to prefer the choice, but to dismiss the majority that would like to see something else-well it's maddening. even then it is people liking the home-black version, i think i've only seen a handful of people saying they like the road-white version.

i have seen at least three different ideas that are better than the 'turd' they are rolling out next year.

it's a prime opportunity for the club to engage the fanbase, create excitement and provide a sense of ownership. have a design contest.

Old
03-24-2011, 03:48 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Well said Whiskey.

You know what we should do? We should post a thread asking for submissions on Jersey design and then post a thread poll asking for people to vote on the winner. Once we determine which design we like best we can just go out and order our own. If they don't have to be CCM or game quality it doesn't cost too much and if they do it isn't a big deal either.

Any thoughts?

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Whiskeypete

i would be game. first thing is to actually ID who created some of them. give credit where it's due and make sure permission is received to create them. not to worried about getting sued over it, but it's nice to ask and get permission. the only issue will be the logos, that could be the back breaker in getting them made. they are TM by the team and league and that could carry implications, but like i said im not to worried about it. how often do you see the NHL or a team sue a pee wee team that clearly copies a jersey/logo and tweaks it to their taste? never. same concept here, except it's fans that want to see something else than the polished turd they want to roll out

ive got 6 different submissions so far from different sources. two of them with slight changes to the original version. could easily add more as they are uncovered and presented for voting. need to sort out who's responsible for what

Last edited by Whiskeypete: 03-24-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old
03-24-2011, 05:04 PM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

"Yeah I love that jersey, honestly. It's really bright but [laughs] it's awesome. All the fans seem to love them. We've had really good results. You know, every time we have a game we see a majority of the fans wearing those, the throwback jerseys, rather than the other ones. And, you know, we've had a pretty good record with them this year. I think we're 3-0-1. So I wouldn't mind wearing those for forever if we actually had that opportunity."

--Wayne Simmonds on Puck Daddy Radio

KingsKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 07:16 PM
vindogla

I laughed when the Kings announced the current third jersey.

I laughed when a lot of the players said they liked them a lot.

I laughed when I started seeing them on fans at the games.

I stopped laughing when I went to the first playoff game in like forever and the Kings were sporting the THIRD JERSEY against VAN and then proceeded to take a 2-1 lead in the series at home in front of many many many Kings fans wearing the thirds.

There was a couple right in front of us wearing them and I just wanted to bend over and smell them because they were so awesome all of a sudden.

Hello, my name is vindogla and I'm a Thirdaholic.

I'm 53 years old and just purchased my first Kings jersey ever, a Reebok Edge authentic third with Doughty #8 embroidery, size 52.

It is ever so sweet.

They grow on you I guess.

vindogla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 09:06 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindogla View Post
I laughed when the Kings announced the current third jersey.

I laughed when a lot of the players said they liked them a lot.

I laughed when I started seeing them on fans at the games.

I stopped laughing when I went to the first playoff game in like forever and the Kings were sporting the THIRD JERSEY against VAN and then proceeded to take a 2-1 lead in the series at home in front of many many many Kings fans wearing the thirds.

There was a couple right in front of us wearing them and I just wanted to bend over and smell them because they were so awesome all of a sudden.

Hello, my name is vindogla and I'm a Thirdaholic.

I'm 53 years old and just purchased my first Kings jersey ever, a Reebok Edge authentic third with Doughty #8 embroidery, size 52.

It is ever so sweet.

They grow on you I guess.
Good stuff!

Oooops, getting late. Time to go to Staples See Ya!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 10:05 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Heres the white version of our 3rd.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme1995 View Post
I like it. Simple, sleek and clean look.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
a goalie wearing #7 - FAIL

Old
03-24-2011, 11:24 PM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

Quote:
Posted on the last page fyi.

KingsKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 11:35 PM
Shellz

Wrong thread.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 12:29 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
a goalie wearing #7 - FAIL
Black and white = FAIL

Those colors are not related to LA or the Kings.

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 05:50 PM
SLang

Guys, here's something to chew on. I'm looking at a new renovation project at Toyota Sports Center. In the reception area there is going to be a large round rug/carpet with a logo in the center. On the drawings, there was no logo, but there was a note saying there was to be a logo.

So an RFI went out - carpet guys need to know the logo so they can price the job correctly.

RFI response just landed in my inbox. It shows the logo, lists all the color numbers, etc.

The logo is the latest crown logo, currently on the "normal" home and away uniforms. The colors are black, white and grey.

If the team was going to the "home plate" logo, I would think I would be looking at that on my details, but I'm not.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 05:59 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Guys, here's something to chew on. I'm looking at a new renovation project at Toyota Sports Center. In the reception area there is going to be a large round rug/carpet with a logo in the center. On the drawings, there was no logo, but there was a note saying there was to be a logo.

So an RFI went out - carpet guys need to know the logo so they can price the job correctly.

RFI response just landed in my inbox. It shows the logo, lists all the color numbers, etc.

The logo is the latest crown logo, currently on the "normal" home and away uniforms. The colors are black, white and grey.

If the team was going to the "home plate" logo, I would think I would be looking at that on my details, but I'm not.
Interesting.

Though I got to say, while I am not a fan of the black jerseys, I do like the White jersey concept.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote