HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would u give up for Joe Thornton???

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2004, 07:09 AM
Habsaholic

vCash: 500
:lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life
Saku Koivu (Not cause i want to get rid of him, but because it's the only way to make the deal fair) +Marcel Hossa+Ron Hainsey+ 1st round draft pick should be a fair deal...

We upgrade at center with a big power foward and let go of some prospects that are not developing very well

Old
07-07-2004, 07:50 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

I know the question is "Who would you give up for Thornton?" but I'll ask a different question. Who would you not give up for Thornton ?

I wouldn't give up Koivu, Markov, Zednik, Ryder, Souray, Theodore, Komisarek, Higgins, Perezhogin, Kastsitsin, Chipchura and Plekanec.

Oh and yeah I hate Thornton.

Old
07-07-2004, 07:59 AM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Short Answer: What would you give up for Thornton?

NOTHING! He is not worth what he would cost. Not only that, he is proved nothing in terms of determination and leadership.

I'll pass.

Old
07-07-2004, 11:40 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH²
I know the question is "Who would you give up for Thornton?" but I'll ask a different question. Who would you not give up for Thornton ?

I wouldn't give up Koivu, Markov, Zednik, Ryder, Souray, Theodore, Komisarek, Higgins, Perezhogin, Kastsitsin, Chipchura and Plekanec.

Oh and yeah I hate Thornton.

I would probably give Boston ALL those guys at once except Theodore and Komisarek....lol

We can then pick up a bunch of FA's, but we'll have a Thornton-Komisarek-Theodore punch up the middle. All young studs. Imagine playing against a Thornton/Komisarek duo???? lol ... Good Luck....

Old
07-07-2004, 02:04 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
I would probably give Boston ALL those guys at once except Theodore and Komisarek....lol

We can then pick up a bunch of FA's, but we'll have a Thornton-Komisarek-Theodore punch up the middle. All young studs. Imagine playing against a Thornton/Komisarek duo???? lol ... Good Luck....
The bruins were big back in 01-02. They were big this year too. They still can't get past the 1st round.

Old
07-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
Not to start war or anything and not that in my worst nightmare we wanted to trade Joe to our rivals...but...what are these top notch prospects still doing in the AHL on the not-so-deep team like Montreal?

Top notch prospects(specially North American) are usually in the NHL by first or second year of the draft, see Samsonov, Thornton,Boynton, Frolov,Kovalchuk etc.
Not to worry. The rumor was published by the notoriously unreliable Larry Brooks. Dreaming up trade packages for Thornton is an exercise in futility.

Old
07-07-2004, 03:57 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
The bruins were big back in 01-02. They were big this year too. They still can't get past the 1st round.
Because their D has always been big and slow and they haven't had any goaltending until recently. If Thornton was healthy this year, they probably would have beat us (though Saku and Souray were not 100%).

You need size up the middle in this game!

Old
07-07-2004, 04:04 PM
nickyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
I would't give any of our player because that would be to much...

But, I would pay the golf equipment to every man in the Bruins organisation so they will be ready when we will send them in vacation in the next playoff...

So my trade is: To Boston: around 40 golf equipment
To Montreal: Joe Thornton

Sound fair to me :lol
wow, please stop butchering the english language, you sound like a complete moron.

Old
07-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Superfluous U

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyb
wow, please stop butchering the english language, you sound like a complete moron.

Well, considering there's a pretty good chance his first language is French, I don't think he did that bad.

Old
07-07-2004, 04:31 PM
FTK

Quote:

How good is your french, moron?

Old
07-07-2004, 04:36 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Because their D has always been big and slow and they haven't had any goaltending until recently. If Thornton was healthy this year, they probably would have beat us (though Saku and Souray were not 100%).

You need size up the middle in this game!
Tell that to the Devils team that won a cup in 02-03, or to all the wings team. Yzerman, Fedorov and Draper don't strike me as overly huge...

Sakic and Forsberg aren't overly big or menacing either.

Meanwhile the flyers sure did win a lot of cup back when Lindros was with them.

Need I go on ?

Size down the middle is not essential if your players are gritty or skilled. Koivu is gritty and we've yet to see Ribeiro realizing his potential fully. Bonk is big. We're ok down the middle we don't need Thornton. If they gave him to us I'd take him but he sure isn't worth gutting the team for.

Last edited by Des Louise: 07-07-2004 at 04:41 PM.
Old
07-07-2004, 04:48 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:

His language is French and he did do a fine job.

Old
07-07-2004, 05:51 PM
nickyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTK
How good is your french, moron?
i cannot speak french very well and that is why i dont try to, unlike that genius. its horrible trying to read that, come on now.

Old
07-07-2004, 06:06 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
i cannot speak french very well and that is why i dont try to, unlike that genius. its horrible trying to read that, come on now.
Let me correct some mistakes

Quote:
I cannot speak french very well and that is why I don't try to, unlike that genius. It's horrible trying to read that, come on now.
If you're going to bash people because english is not their first language you should make sure you don't have 2 mistakes in every sentences.

Old
07-07-2004, 06:17 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:

Old
07-07-2004, 06:26 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
So you're saying because his english isn't perfect, he should avoid using the language?

Old
07-07-2004, 08:27 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Thank you for giving me another reason to pass that mandatory vasectomy law I've been promoting. If only I could have convinced your parents... I respect Bruin fans, I'm sure that you embarass them.

Old
07-07-2004, 09:00 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Tell that to the Devils team that won a cup in 02-03, or to all the wings team. Yzerman, Fedorov and Draper don't strike me as overly huge...

Sakic and Forsberg aren't overly big or menacing either.

Meanwhile the flyers sure did win a lot of cup back when Lindros was with them.

Need I go on ?

Size down the middle is not essential if your players are gritty or skilled. Koivu is gritty and we've yet to see Ribeiro realizing his potential fully. Bonk is big. We're ok down the middle we don't need Thornton. If they gave him to us I'd take him but he sure isn't worth gutting the team for.
Yes, you need to go on!

The Avalanche are no comparison, they are stacked from top to bottom.

Lindros is a good comparison, unfortunately. Thornton has a lot of Lindros in him.

We're not winning anything with Koivu-Ribeiro-Bonk though, gimme a break. Not with our defensemen and lack of scoring.

The Devils D was quick: Neidermeyer, Rafalski, Stevens is a pretty good skater too. They ate up a bunch of minutes.

Old
07-07-2004, 09:01 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Thank you for giving me another reason to pass that mandatory vasectomy law I've been promoting. If only I could have convinced your parents... I respect Bruin fans, I'm sure that you embarass them.
OUCH

Old
07-08-2004, 07:52 AM
Habsaholic

There are 3 players I would nt trade for Thornton, Theo,God and Komisarek.

I would offer Ribiero, Kastysin and a 2nd

Old
07-08-2004, 07:54 AM
Habsaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnytheman
I think it would be something like:

Mike Ribeiro +
one of Zednik/Ryder +
one of Markov/Souray
plus (maybe) Radek Bonk.

Then with fillers on either side.

That's what I think it will take to get Thornton. Personally, if it was Ribeiro+Zednik+Souray+Bonk for Thornton plus something (I hear they might have contract problems with Samsonov, hint hint), I'd do it.
Why not toss in a lifetime supply of 1st rounders and majority stock in the Habs!!

Closed Thread